AK Caring for Giants... Can I make Festival of Lion King?

timsueshd

Julie the Cruise Director
We have a 10:30 reservation for Caring for the Giants, I know the tour runs an hour...

My question, does it run exactly an hour or a tad shorter? We have a FP for Festival of the Lion King for arrival between 11:30 and 11:45. Will I have enough time to go from the tour to the show and make my FP?

I am trying to get everything done in Africa before we go over to Flame Tree for lunch.

I did the tour and I would not be expecting to make that Lion King FP. It ran an hour from the time we got to the van to go see the elephants. and then after you have to get from the van to the show. You may end up in stand by seating. That is not the worst thing.

When DW and I took the tour last February they were pretty good at keeping the tour on time. I recall we were standing back in Africa a few minutes after the stated one hour. I also recall that we spent a few minutes with the CM's wrapping up the tour just outside the door into Africa. I think if you were to mention your 11:45 FP you'll be able to be on your way promptly. Then if head briskly to the Lion King I think you will make it. And as Grammy4Lizzy says, all that would happen is that you'll be merged into the standby line.

You can make it but your FP will be useless. They'll have already let standby guests in and you'll be seated wherever you fit. So you can change that FP to something else if you have something

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter