Airtran non stop changes

I agree. If I paid for a seat, I would not move. That may sound harsh, but I think it was $48 for both legs and I wouldn't flush that money.

FYI, if you book Air Tran through a travel agent, you don't have to pay for your seats. Of course, the travel agent may charge a service fee since the airlines don't pay commissions any more, but it could be less if you have a lot of people on one reservation. I know the agency I worked for charged per booking for flights, not per person. It's not any harder to book 6 people than 1 on a flight.

9 of us are flying Air Tran, and when they changed our flight times, they were not good for us. They let us change airports from DTW to FNT. I was also changing just my dates, and expected to pay the change fee for that. They didn't charge me anything. This is the first time flying Airtran. I have always flown NW or Spirit. We'll let you know how it goes.

Darty,
I think you will find that you made a great change! I always fly AirTran out of Flint! That is a much smaller, less congested, and easy to navigate airport. It also costs a whole lot less to park your car there. I think you can park for a week in the economy lot for between $25-$40 bucks. Detroit is a whole lot more than that.

AirTran itself is a nice airline to fly with and you shouldn't have any problems.

We had our flights changed from a nonstop to a flight with a layover, and then a different flight with a different layover. We accepted the one with the shortest layover that would get us to WDW the earliest... and then a new nonstop morning flight was added. I decided to give it a shot and called Airtran to see if there was any chance we could get on the morning nonstop and they did it with no problem at all. We ended up starting our vacation an hour earlier than we had originally booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter