Airport Transfers versus Taxi

heidispidi

Mouseketeer
Can anybody recommend a good airport transfer service in Las Vegas, or would you instead recommend taking a taxi instead? I am unsure as to how far the main airport is from the Strip itself, and what the cost would be for a taxi. TIA.

I find it depends where you are staying , as taxi drivers try to rip people off going from the airport, they will go via the Tunnell etc to get extra mileage up and puts the price up. Its illegal for them to go a long way round to your hotel but they do it. Might be good find your Hotel, and tell them you do not want to go by the tunnell esp if it makes it a longer trip

We always take the shuttle to, and count it as a free tour.....and taxi home when we need to count on getting to the airport timely.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Well, I usually rent a car, as they're usually relatively cheap in Vegas. But when I don't, I take a taxi for convenience. It depends on your preference. But while usnuzuloose is correct that it's not far, taxi fares are kinda high in Vegas. The Las Vegas taxi authority maintains a list of typical taxi fares to various points on the strip and downtown: http://taxi.nv.gov/Rider_Info/Appro...-_McCarran_Airport_to_Las_Vegas_Strip_Hotels/

Rpbert1 is also correct that longhauling can be a problem. But the taxi authority is very vigilant about enforcing that. Best bet is to keep their phone number in your phone -- 702-668-4000. All it takes is even the threat of calling the taxicab authority, and taxi drivers will fall all over themselves to make it right. They don't want to lose their licenses. I've even heard of people being longhauled, threaten to call the taxicab authority, and having the driver comp the ride (as in, totally free).

Just tell the driver you don't want to go through the tunnel ("get tunnelled"). He'll almost certainly comply, as he'll know that you know when you're being longhauled.

-Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter