Airport shuttles in Vegas

bookgirl2632

DIS Veteran
I'm heading to Vegas next month for a friends wedding. I'm looking at shuttles from and to the airport. Should I reserve a shuttle now or is it easy to just grab one when I get there? There seem to be a lot of options.

its pretty easy to grab a shuttle, they usually have them lined up, dont remember what the price was, reserving wouldnt hurt but they are lined up

I took a cab to Mandalay bay and it cost me $25.00 with the tip $25.00 $5 was the tip. On the way back it was $20.00 same tip so I figured this time I would rent a car, I am going to Belligo that would cost mosr, $83.00 for 2 1/2 days seemed better to me then I wasn't just confined ( not the right word but the only one I could think of) to the strip I can also do IN and OUT burger.:lmao:

You don't reserve a shuttle in Vegas - all "rerserving" does is prepay your fare. Note that a cab to most strip resorts will be $10-15 plus tip. If you have more than one person, or just value your time in Veags they are probably a better deal. Also, note that cabs are almost always a better deal for going back to the airport - the shuttles are not always good about picking up people at the scheduled time.

Note - Vegas cab drivers are notorious for long-hauling customers from the airport to the strip (that's the only way a cab from the aiport to the Mandalay - which is across the street! - can cost $20+). Be sure to tell the driver "no tunnel" if taking a cab to/from the airport.

If we take a cab from Treasure Island to the airport should we tell the cab driver not to take the tunnel?

Going through the tunnel will cost you more? :confused3

Going through the tunnel will is most cases get you to your location quicker due to less traffic. But since the tunnel route covers a longer distance then it will cost more.

One taxi I took the driver insisted on the tunnel to get to TI. When I resisted he agreed to cap the rate at $20 (the meter never did hit $20). So I find it hard to believe it cost $20 to go to Mandalay Bay.

We found it very easy to pick up a shuttle. It was about $11.50 pp return for strip hotels, and around $16.50 off strip. Apparently they dont think Stratosphere is a strip hotel though...

They turned up on time for our 6.30AM pick up to return to the airport, but we did tell them our flight was an hour earlier than it really was when we called to request the pick up just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter