Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

Anyone have experience with California Yelllow Taxi? They advertise a $29 flat rate from SNA to Disneyland. We also are staying across the street on Harbor. I’ve never used Uber or Lyft and don’t have the itch to try.

Since I go solo I prefer to use a taxi over Lyft and Uber.
I used California Yellow Taxi in March.
Went out to the taxi stand and showed the director the flat rate info I had copied from their website.

When I arrived at DL paid the flat rate and tip and all was good.

I'll use them for my next trip too.

Geemo

We enjoy the taxis at sna. We tried to uber but the wait for an xl that day was 30 min for some reason.
Was the taxi an xl? Wondering if a regular Uber was also 30 min. Interested in hearing people’s experience as I’ve never flown into SNA. Thanks.

Was the taxi an xl? Wondering if a regular Uber was also 30 min. Interested in hearing people’s experience as I’ve never flown into SNA. Thanks.
The taxi was a nice, clean, leather seat van. We have car seats and strollers, etc so I didn’t check regular uber.

@SkRiderMom Thanks for the Execucar review! We're considering them for our upcoming December trip. Question: How much time did the return trip allow at LAX? We considered the service last year but were afraid we wouldn't have enough time to eat at the airport. And you got to ride in the HOV lane?

Our flight was scheduled to leave at 1:15 and the pick up time was booked between 9:15 and 9:30. Day before text moved time up to between 9 and 9:15. We were at the airport with lots of time before our flight (to Canada). Yes, we rode in the HOV lane. Also should mention that there was plenty of room for luggage in both vehicles.

Our flight was scheduled to leave at 1:15 and the pick up time was booked between 9:15 and 9:30. Day before text moved time up to between 9 and 9:15. We were at the airport with lots of time before our flight (to Canada). Yes, we rode in the HOV lane. Also should mention that there was plenty of room for luggage in both vehicles.

Thanks! I almost did a reservation last year but for the return flight, the pick up time allotted was three hours prior to takeoff. That's too close for our comfort! :) I'll try out their website instead of messing through Supershuttle.

Help please. Family of 5: 2 adults, plus 3 boys: 14, 10, 6.

Flying Southwest from Baltimore; arriving at LAX 11:15 PM Pacific time. On Monday, June 10.

Staying at Tropicana. Plan is to hit DL for 7 am EMH.

My assumption is that we will be coming in too late for some shuttles, but also too late for there to be many additional passengers for different shuttle stops. (?)

Additionally, I assume we will have too much with us to fit in an Uber XL. We will have a double stroller (fits new DL measurements), plus at least 6 full size suitcases, plus another 6-8 carryon-size bags (we are staying for a week, but I am staying behind myself for an extra week also).

Since we arriving so late after flying cross country, and given the early morning start the next day, I assume we will be dead tired and want to get to sleep asap.

I've never been to LAX either, so I don't have any experience with that baggage scenario (if it is standard like other airports or if there is a lengthier than normal baggage claim process.)

Thoughts?

Thanks!
UberXL must seat up to 6 guests, so you should be fine seat-wise. 6 full size suitcases plus 6-8 carry on bags, plus a stroller is a lot though.

There's a specific option for "uber BLACK SUV" that is usually something like an Escalade or Navigator. It's more expensive, but probably the only option to be sure that there's enough room for the luggage.

It's confusing because there's uberX, uberXL, uberBlack, and uberBlackSUV, among other choices... and they are all different things, so make sure you chose carefully.

As for shuttles, there should be some that operate late. I think Super Shuttle runs at LAX around the clock. If you make a reservation with a shuttle service, do mention the number of bags you have, because it could be a lot even for a shuttle, especially if there are other passengers.
LAX is usually pretty fast with bags, but that late at night I'd allow 30 minutes, especially if you're checking the stroller. Then another 30-45 minutes in a car. You'll get to your hotel about 12:30am (which is going to feel like 3:30am). Working backward from a 7am rope drop - you want to leave your hotel <6hrs later, about 6:15am?

I'd spring for a car service. Tell them who your passengers are, how much luggage you have and your flight numbers, they'll have the right vehicle waiting. They can probably provide a booster or car seat if you weren't going to bring one for your 6 year old, too.
So, we are flying in late Monday night, so we sprang for Supershuttle's direct service, so we have plenty of space and don't have to worry about any other stops, pickups, or dropoffs. Thanks for all your help.

Now, on Wednesday morning, we have a 10 am tour at Walt Disney Studios in Burbank. We are staying at the Tropicana in Anaheim. The tour instructions say to arrive "no more than 15 minutes before" our tour time. Given the reputation is SoCal traffic, that seems like a tight window to navigate, yes? We would get an Uber/Lyft for our family of 5 that day, but is the rush traffic mostly gone by then? But it seems that I have to time this just right to fight through the traffic (or give extra time to deal with traffic) but still get there not too early. Thoughts please? If we do arrive extra early, what other things are available within walking distance?
Thanks!

Bob's Big Boy (a historic diner/coffee shop, https://bobs.net) is not too far from the Studios -- maybe 10 minutes away? They are open 24/7. You could aim to be there early, eat a fun breakfast, then get an Uber to the Studios. There really isn't anything I can think of that is walking distance around the Studios -- everything is either on the Studio lot or too far to walk for a family of 5.

Bob's Big Boy (a historic diner/coffee shop, https://bobs.net) is not too far from the Studios -- maybe 10 minutes away? They are open 24/7. You could aim to be there early, eat a fun breakfast, then get an Uber to the Studios. There really isn't anything I can think of that is walking distance around the Studios -- everything is either on the Studio lot or too far to walk for a family of 5.
So, Uber early enough to get breakfast and then Uber again over to the studios. Ok sounds reasonable.

Since I go solo I prefer to use a taxi over Lyft and Uber. I used California Yellow Taxi in March. Went out to the taxi stand and showed the director the flat rate info I had copied from their website. When I arrived at DL paid the flat rate and tip and all was good.

Thank you for the suggestion! I just printed their website info to have it handy when we arrive in August.

I set up a private car from Prime Time Shuttle for $29 each way. I was really happy with that price considering it's just the 2 of us and no stops.

I set up a private car from Prime Time Shuttle for $29 each way. I was really happy with that price considering it's just the 2 of us and no stops.

I checked their website to get a quote and saw they charge a $5 airport fee from SNA. I wonder if this is across the board for all transportation providers?

Since I go solo I prefer to use a taxi over Lyft and Uber.
I used California Yellow Taxi in March.
Went out to the taxi stand and showed the director the flat rate info I had copied from their website.

When I arrived at DL paid the flat rate and tip and all was good.

I'll use them for my next trip too.

Geemo

Thank you for sharing this!! I have been taking uber the last few trips but we paid close to $30 and last trip we had to go to one of the upper parking lots to be picked up at SNA... walking out to the taxi stand is easier expecially early in the morning when I will be needing another coffee :thumbsup2

We are flying down to Disneyland next month on SWA. Our baby will be nearly 10 months old by then. We will not be renting a car and won’t be bringing a car seat so I’m looking into transportation from SNA to the Anaheim/Disneyland area tha either doesn’t require a car seat or where one can be provided (either free or for a charge) and so far I’ve come up with two, based on web and TripAdvisor search. One is the Disneyland Resort Express (DRE). They use large 50-seat motor coaches and so car seats aren’t required. However, their reviews are hit and miss with the bad reviews calling out their unreliable schedule and customer service. The other is a small operator called Mickey’s Space Ship Shuttle The use regular 12-pax vans and can include car seats for free. Their reviews were quite favorable. I wanted to see if anyone else had other suggestions or had experience with these two operators.

The stroller we’re using is an Uppababy Cruz stroller. Our baby is big enough now that she can use the toddler seat attachment and not the car seat and we figured this will be far more comfortable for her at the park than being snug in the car seat attachment (especially given the warm temperatures). We don’t want to also bring a the car seat attachment which is why I’m looking into transport where a carseat is available or not required. Thanks!

I was thinking that a private car service would be an option but this is on their site:

If federal, state, or local law requires your child be secured in a child safety seat, please bring one as it is the parent’s or caregiver’s responsibility.

You may want to consider bringing one. If it were me i would want my child safe and to me a motorcoach or other means of travel where my child was not secure would frighten me. If you don't want to bring one then i guess you need to look into options which provide one.

Yeah, as much as we don't want to lug the extra weight, bringing our own car seat would open up many options (cab, lyft/uber, private car searvice, etc.) not to mention peace of mind. Plus, it means we're not tied to a transportation service's pickup/dropoff schedule.

If you don't want to rent a car then that limits you under your circumstances. I would just buy tickets for the Disneyland Express Shuttle bus. Its not ideal but its cheap and you won't have to wait too long for it and its not that bad.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!