Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

We are hoping to fly (haven't booked yet but plan to) into Long Beach (LGB) arriving at 9:30 am Wed Feb 23rd and heading home Sat 26th on a 10:30 flight-

there are 3 of us (2 adults, 1 6 yr old)

It seems a taxi would be the cheapest/easiest way to go?

:confused3

Since there are coupon codes for Super Shuttle, but not taxis, you might be able to save a few dollars with Super Shuttle. A taxi would be pretty straight forward with no additional stops to load or unload passengers. With three people in my party, I'd most likely opt for the taxi option.

Have just got a quote from Zippy for $90 return which seems like a pretty good price- private van...might just book that! Ahhh, the decisions! :)

We're flying into LGB next month and renting a car. The MapQuest route has us going up to the freeway (5, I think) but we're arriving at 5:30 PM and I wonder if rush hour traffic will have the freeway backed up. It looks like Wardlow becomes Ball and is a straight shot to the resort. I was wondering if this might be a better route for us and was hoping to get some feedback here. We'll have our own GPS system with us.

We're flying into LGB next month and renting a car. The MapQuest route has us going up to the freeway (5, I think) but we're arriving at 5:30 PM and I wonder if rush hour traffic will have the freeway backed up. It looks like Wardlow becomes Ball and is a straight shot to the resort. I was wondering if this might be a better route for us and was hoping to get some feedback here. We'll have our own GPS system with us.
Yep, that's the best route if you're driving yourself. Seems that the new Mapquest has changed my link above, so here's a new link to the most direct route from LGB to DLR. Someone was saying that there might be construction on Wardlow - if that's the case then bip south to Willow Street, which becomes Katella when you cross the Orange curtain.

Hello all!
I just read through the thread looking for an estimate of how much to expect to pay for a taxi from LAX to GC but didn't see anything. Does have any experience taking a taxi from the airport to the hotel? Thanks!

Hello all!
I just read through the thread looking for an estimate of how much to expect to pay for a taxi from LAX to GC but didn't see anything. Does have any experience taking a taxi from the airport to the hotel? Thanks!

The problem with trying to quote a taxi fare from LAX is that you might have a 45 minute trip on a Sunday morning and a 90 minute or longer trip on a weekday afternoon/weekend. Here's a list of the authorized taxi companies for LAX:

Authorized Taxicab Supervision. (323) 776-5324
Beverly Hills Cab Company. (310) 273-6611
Independent Taxi. (323) 666-0050
Yellow Cab. (310) 851-5022
Bell Cab Company. (310) 219-3100
City Cab. (818) 780-1000
United Cab. (323) 653-5050

You might give a few of them a call to see if they offer a flat rate.

Not sure if the Wonder docks at Long Beach but we used Karmel Shuttle this summer to get from the LB harbor to DLR as a private shuttle. We had four in the party and I cannot remember the exact price - about $75 one way.

http://www.karmel.com/

1/21 On your recommendation we used Karmel Shuttle from Port to CCI (Party of 3 - ~$65 + tip) and then 3 seperate trips to SNA ($17 + tip, each). Karmel was on time (even before time - so no need to worry if they'd show up) drove safely and reasonable price. I would definitely use them again.

1/21 On your recommendation we used Karmel Shuttle from Port to CCI (Party of 3 - ~$65 + tip) and then 3 seperate trips to SNA ($17 + tip, each). Karmel was on time (even before time - so no need to worry if they'd show up) drove safely and reasonable price. I would definitely use them again.
Thanks for the feedback. :goodvibes

Our family recently used Zippy Shuttle from port to BWPPI and BWPPI to LAX. The total price was $170(+ tip) for the five of us in a private van and included a car seat for our 3 yr old.

The drivers were on time and professional. I would not hesitate to use them again.

For those looking for car seats-they did have a variety of seats. They even had a booster for our 7 yr. old and did not charge us extra for the booster seat.

Our family recently used Zippy Shuttle from port to BWPPI and BWPPI to LAX. The total price was $170(+ tip) for the five of us in a private van and included a car seat for our 3 yr old.

The drivers were on time and professional. I would not hesitate to use them again.

For those looking for car seats-they did have a variety of seats. They even had a booster for our 7 yr. old and did not charge us extra for the booster seat.

I have been emailing and calling Supershuttle, ExecuCar, Zippy, and Karmel today for quote on my June trip.

Zippy was not only a lot more expensive, but VERY VERY RUDE. They wanted $215 for:

5 from LGB to BWPPI
2 from BWPPI to LGB
and
4 from BWPPI to SNA

This is QUITE a bit more than Karmel, and frankly more than three one way trips in a private execuCar (Which run about $54 each way).

When I asked why the quote was so much more than when I talked to them a few months ago, the guy from Zippy sent me a snarky email.

Really?

I won't do business with them.

"Sorry I don't want to haggle back and forth. I answered all the questions you had and gave you our prices. That's all I can do. You have also completely neglected in this email that you added an SNA ride. Again, as stated, now you have all the information and it's up to you. I will not write and go back and forth again."

FYI Karmel shuttle will do the same three trips for $115.

BEWARE.

Just wanted to say how great it is to find this info all in once place. This is a big help. Thank you! :)

Trying to decide on transportation on my trip in August. Staying at Eden Roc and it looks like DL Express does not stop there. Sounds like a taxi would be $40, and since it is just me, that is probably not the best value. So, Super Shuttle and Karmel Shuttle seem to be my best options.

My departure flight is 6:45am out of SNA. I have not seen any reviews on Super Shuttle for hotel pick up service. Are they reliable? $18 round trip is a great price...

Has it been anyone's experience to just wait until you arrived at the airport to determine the best price to get you to your hotel? My friends and I are flying in to LAX and staying at the Fairfield on Harbor. It's hard to tell what would be the cheapest option.

Also, our return flight leaves LAX on a Sunday around 7 AM. What time would we need to leave the DL area to make it on time?

We are renting a car. got a great rate with Alamo. We will have the car, a minivan, for 11 days and the total price is $255.60--including unlimited miles and a 2nd driver. We will be at DL from 9/28-10/2 and then doing DCL mexican riviera 10/2-10/9. Alamo doesn't have a location at the port, or else we'd drop the car off there.

I've tried a bunch of ways and different taxi/car service companies. This is the cheapest (or within a few dollars) of using a professional car place. I figured the cost of the car rental to be approx $400 in total--including parking a the port ($84) and gas.

DCL charges $30pp/one way. There are 5 of us. So from LAX to DL, DL to port and port to LAX it would be $450 plus tip. Even using supershuttle ($17 per person/one way) would be $255, plus tip. Having the car also allows us to go off site and grab a meal or pick up some items (water!) at the grocery store. And, we don't have to "wait" or drop others off, etc.....

Is my thinking correct?

Cathicool -- I agree with you, I think car rental is best, especially if you can get a good deal.

My hubby and I *just* returned from Disneyland this past weekend (for the Half Marathon) and we took the Disneyland Resort Express shuttle. The shuttle itself was fine but man it was a pain in the behind to "pay" for.

We had purchased vouchers from Get Away Today for $23 round trip per person but we bought the vouchers too close to the trip that they couldn't send it to us. Instead, Get Away Today faxed our vouchers to the Disneyland Resort Express and told us that all we had to do was give the ticket agent our name and they would know we've already paid. That was not the case. Upon arrival to the Disneyland Resort, the ticket person came aboard to collect vouchers and payment and he had no idea what I was talking about. The same thing happened on the return trip home. Eventually it worked out in the end but it's not worth the hassle.

NOTE: I called both Get Away Today and Grayline on our arrival and departure days to confirm that our vouchers were faxed and received and both parties confirmed. Not sure where the disconnect was -- the information never made it to the ticket agent on the bus.

Cathicool -- I agree with you, I think car rental is best, especially if you can get a good deal.

My hubby and I *just* returned from Disneyland this past weekend (for the Half Marathon) and we took the Disneyland Resort Express shuttle. The shuttle itself was fine but man it was a pain in the behind to "pay" for.

We had purchased vouchers from Get Away Today for $23 round trip per person but we bought the vouchers too close to the trip that they couldn't send it to us. Instead, Get Away Today faxed our vouchers to the Disneyland Resort Express and told us that all we had to do was give the ticket agent our name and they would know we've already paid. That was not the case. Upon arrival to the Disneyland Resort, the ticket person came aboard to collect vouchers and payment and he had no idea what I was talking about. The same thing happened on the return trip home. Eventually it worked out in the end but it's not worth the hassle.

NOTE: I called both Get Away Today and Grayline on our arrival and departure days to confirm that our vouchers were faxed and received and both parties confirmed. Not sure where the disconnect was -- the information never made it to the ticket agent on the bus.

That is weird. We also used them for the Half Marathon weekend, though we didn't purchase in advance on recommendations we saw on this board. The Anaheim Tourist website had a 5$ off/person coupon so we used that to get 22$ round trip tickets.

We bought them at the DLE terminal at the airport, not from the ticket agent on the bus, though. Going to the hotel, they didn't even ask us for tickets. The booth agent gave me the tickets for the return trip but said that she'd already checked us in for the trip to the hotel so we didn't need the tickets.

The trip was fast, easy, and hassle free for us. We didn't have to arrange pick up either. Just be outside our hotel at the time on the schedule (5:35 am) and we got picked up and dropped right at the gate to our airline.

I am new to this board, great information, glad i found it. We are taking our children, spouses and grandchildren to Disneyland in May 2012 (5 adults, 2 children) and thought it would be a thrill for them to ride in a limo. I have contacted a couple of limo companies and had no reply which is frusterating. Does anyone know if limo companies supply car seats and would appreciate any recomendations. We have rented a house within a mile from the park and were wondering about cost. looking forward to hearing from you. Helen

I am new to this board, great information, glad i found it. We are taking our children, spouses and grandchildren to Disneyland in May 2012 (5 adults, 2 children) and thought it would be a thrill for them to ride in a limo. I have contacted a couple of limo companies and had no reply which is frusterating. Does anyone know if limo companies supply car seats and would appreciate any recomendations. We have rented a house within a mile from the park and were wondering about cost. looking forward to hearing from you. Helen

In general limos don't have carseats because there isn't a law requiring the passengers be buckled in, just like on buses. Also you can take a carseat on a plane for free, you won't be charge like you can be for checked bags.

Since you are a mile from the parks, won't you need a rental car anyway?

My husband and I are driving so we will have a car and there is other transportation at the house. i am checking some of the shuttle services at the airport and they do have a limo and we will take car seats. Thanks for your info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter