Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information

Nrrdgrrl

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, my family is about to go to disneyland for the first time. We are flying in on october 16th and taking a Karmel shuttle from LAX to our hotel. I understand they require car seats (I’m very happy about that!) we will have our travel car seats with us anyways from being used on board the airplane. So my question is if anyone knows if the shuttle vans have UAS or top tethers for car seats? My older daughters car seat requires a top tether when forward facing (cosco finale) thanks in advance!

theluckyrabbit

Hi everyone, my family is about to go to disneyland for the first time. We are flying in on october 16th and taking a Karmel shuttle from LAX to our hotel. I understand they require car seats (I’m very happy about that!) we will have our travel car seats with us anyways from being used on board the airplane. So my question is if anyone knows if the shuttle vans have UAS or top tethers for car seats? My older daughters car seat requires a top tether when forward facing (cosco finale) thanks in advance!
This is a good question! Have you contacted Karmel to ask about this specifically? Companies can update their fleets, so if this has happened recently, older information may not help you. For safety purposes, I would call the company directly to get the most updated info.
When you find out, please update here!

mmluvr

Mouseketeer
Hey all-

I apologize if this is discussed elsewhere.

Any recommendations for a reliable company offering shuttle service from LAX to the Disneyland Resort Area? I have priced town cars and they are out of my budget so I need something like Supershuttle. I used them when I went to the D23 Expo in 2013 and the service was fine. I have since checked them out and the price is reasonable but they have sketchy reviews.

Any help would be appreciated!

• mamapenguin

DIS Veteran
    I have used super shuttle from LGB and SNA numerous times, but never from LAX. My most recent experience was in MCO in May, for California it would be from LGB a year ago July. I will use them on my next two trips.

mommy2allyandaveri

DIS Veteran
    Hoping for a more economical way than Uber (65 each way) and super shuttle (70 each way) and Disneyland express (78 each way)

KAT4DISNEY

Glad to be a test subject
    You must be quoting for multiple people? A shared shuttle will be the most economical other than figuring out the public bus system. A shared shuttle should be more like $60-$70 round trip for one including a decent tip. If you have multiple people then uber/lyft is probably the next most economical.

• PatMcDuck

DIS Veteran
    Lyft was much less than that for me last year. I forget, it has been $38-44 for me.

Ah saw for 4 people, so you need a bigger vehicle. I still prefer Uber/Lyft for a direct trip, and minimum wait to get going.

KAT4DISNEY

Glad to be a test subject
    Sometimes you can get lucky with a car rental pricing. But other than the public transporation I don't think you'll do much better than a lyft/uber for 4.

mouschievous

Earning My Ears
    We used Express Shuttle Services from LAX to our rental house across the street from Mickey and Friends. It was $420 round trip for our family of 10, so $42 a person. We likely saved because there were so many of us, but it's worth calling them to see what they can do for you!

• ddwlms

DIS Veteran
    Locals: How long will it take to get to Ontario from DLR if we need to be there by 2:30 or 3?
    thanx

ParkHopper1

DIS Veteran
    Cool travel time tool:

https://www.google.com/maps/

Enter Ontario Airport
    Click "Directions"
    Enter Starting point
    Click the "leave now" drop down menu and select "arrive at"

Then you can play with different date/time scenarios and get real time historical travel times. Everything else is just a guess!

Sue M

DIS Veteran
    Just for general info, we recently used Lyft from SNA to Disneyland resort area, cost was $23.00. Plus tip.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News