Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

Sunday, March 17th, DS14 & I took an UberX from LAX to Candy Cane Inn (at DL's front door) with 2 full bags for $76.63 (and I gave her a $12 tip).

It was SUPER easy with less than a 5 minute wait. Driver was super & dropped us right off where we needed to be!

Basically, yes. Think of it like calling a taxi. You input where you want to go. It tells you how much it'll cost at that time. You don't pick a car. The drivers in the area see your request, and one of them accepts. You are notified that a driver is on the way and will be there in XX minutes. The driver shows up (verify license plate), you hop in and they take you. It's much faster than waiting for a shuttle in most cases.

Can an Uber take 4? ie will they let someone ride with the driver?

Can an Uber take 4? ie will they let someone ride with the driver?
Yes. There are different rider capacities shown for the different choices. UberX is the basic choice and should accommodate up to 4 passengers. If you need more than 4, you have to select UberXL, which costs a little more but has room for up to 6 passengers. Lyft is set up similarly.

The shared shuttles all gather in the same place at SNA. You walk up and if you have a reservation, they let you know where your shuttle is and when it will come. BUT, you can walk up and they will put you in any shuttle that is loading and almost ready to go....
Taxis are the easiest, right outside the terminal...hop in and off you go!

The first one I called was B&W Limos and they quoted me $455 one-way! :faint: :scared1: I just wanted to post this in case others were looking for a price.
WOW, I usually use Execucar, and for the highest level with meet and greet it is usually about $250 RT, $125-130 each way....

Is hailing a taxi a viable option? If so, are taxis stationed outside of baggage claim?

Yes and yes!
In fact, a taxi may be the fastest to catch and if you have enough people that you need an Uber XL, the cab is actually cheaper. There are different size cabs from Prius to vans and all are the same price regardles of baggage or number of riders.
We use a cab to get to the resort area as quickly as possible and uber to get back to the airport.

Yes and yes!
In fact, a taxi may be the fastest to catch and if you have enough people that you need an Uber XL, the cab is actually cheaper. There are different size cabs from Prius to vans and all are the same price regardles of baggage or number of riders.
We use a cab to get to the resort area as quickly as possible and uber to get back to the airport.

Thank you very much.

Is there any rush hour component to consider for ride time to airports for weekend flights?

Great schedule and price out of Ontario airport at 10am on a Saturday or 11am out of LAX. SNA schedules leave soooo early to head to east coast with a decent cost increase so SNA doesn't seem feasible.

How much traffic to worry about on Saturday mornings?

Yes and yes!
Is there a website where I can price a cab from the airport? The link provided earlier in this thread for yellowcab doesn't work

Is there any rush hour component to consider for ride time to airports for weekend flights?

Great schedule and price out of Ontario airport at 10am on a Saturday or 11am out of LAX. SNA schedules leave soooo early to head to east coast with a decent cost increase so SNA doesn't seem feasible.

How much traffic to worry about on Saturday mornings?
No, not really, not usually. But how are you traveling? Driving yourself? There can be traffic but there are alternate routes if you know what you are doing and/or use a good app.

:wizard:

No, not really, not usually. But how are you traveling? Driving yourself? There can be traffic but there are alternate routes if you know what you are doing and/or use a good app.

:wizard:

probably taxi /uber or car service....won't have a rental car at all....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter