Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

Sounds reasonable and truthful to me Katie Count. Hopefully they won’t go broke in the meantime but I believe what they have told you, they likely do have staff stood down, in lockdown, with CV19 or otherwise unable to go to the office.

Sounds reasonable and truthful to me Katie Count. Hopefully they won’t go broke in the meantime but I believe what they have told you, they likely do have staff stood down, in lockdown, with CV19 or otherwise unable to go to the office.
I was just thinking that if you have staff that are able to accept new reservations, that they could probably process refunds as well. I guess I’ll know more next week.

I was just thinking that if you have staff that are able to accept new reservations, that they could probably process refunds as well. I guess I’ll know more next week.

Maybe giving someone working from their home computer access to a booking system is a far different risk level than allowing them to access a company's financial system? Hopefully, they will be able to process your refund soon.

I’m sure they will process your refund if and when they get through the current challenges but I think it’s understandable that processing new business is a higher priority to the financial health of the business and their employees then processing refunds for the time been. They are a very good, ethical company and I’m sure they will get to you in due course.

Hi all, I am a big fan of a jet blue... We like their early flight into LGB from PDX and take their late flight home... well no more... discovered yesterday (maybe you all already know this), they seem to have cut LGB from their list after 10/6. So I have a credit with them from my cancelled March trip that is probably going to sit in the account for some time... maybe they will add it back, but a I am not holding my breath.

Hi all, I am a big fan of a jet blue... We like their early flight into LGB from PDX and take their late flight home... well no more... discovered yesterday (maybe you all already know this), they seem to have cut LGB from their list after 10/6. So I have a credit with them from my cancelled March trip that is probably going to sit in the account for some time... maybe they will add it back, but a I am not holding my breath.

Their retrenchment from LGB is going to be permanent :( they began culling flights and shifting ops to LAX back in February pre-COVID, and I think COVID just accelerated plans already on the books. You can even trace it back to 2017 when the City/Airport denied a customs facility + constant fighting over noise restrictions.

I would use those JetBlue credits for other destinations (or to LAX, yuck) and start looking at Southwest, which is picking up a lot of the slots at LGB.

I love WN, but I've flown B6 since the early 00s out of LGB back when it was just a series of modular trailers. LAX is such a terrible airport, I will probably never follow them there, ever.

I would use those JetBlue credits for other destinations (or to LAX, yuck) and start looking at Southwest, which is picking up a lot of the slots at LGB.

I love WN, but I've flown B6 since the early 00s out of LGB back when it was just a series of modular trailers. LAX is such a terrible airport, I will probably never follow them there, ever.

looks like nothing going to LAX either... it’s a bummer... they seem to have pulled up to the Bay Area.

Has anyone flown recently? I keep seeing non-stop bad reports of airlines not enforcing precautions. United being one of the worst and guess which airline our travel credit is with..:: 🤪

Another one bites the dust :(

https://www.lyft.com/blog/posts/ca-operations-update
LYFT Rideshare operations are being suspended in California From August 20

At 11:59PM PT today August 20 our rideshare operations in California will be suspended. This is not something we wanted to do, as we know millions of Californians depend on Lyft for daily, essential trips. We’re personally reaching out to riders and drivers to share more about why this is happening, what you can do about it, and to provide some transportation alternatives.

Why this is happening
For multiple years, we’ve been advocating for a path to offer benefits to drivers who use the Lyft platform — including a minimum earnings guarantee and a healthcare subsidy — while maintaining the flexibility and control that independent contractors enjoy. This is something drivers have told us over and over again that they want.

Instead, what Sacramento politicians are pushing is an employment model that 4 out of 5 drivers don’t support. This change would also necessitate an overhaul of the entire business model — it’s not a switch that can be flipped overnight.

In this new model that politicians are pushing:
  • Passengers would experience reduced service, especially in suburban and rural areas
  • 80% of drivers would lose work and the rest would have scheduled shifts, and capped hourly earnings.
  • Lower-income riders trying to make it to essential jobs and medical appointments would be faced with unaffordable prices (38% of Lyft rides in California begin or end in low-income areas that have few transit options already).

We don’t want to suspend operations. We are going to keep up the fight for a benefits model that works for all drivers and our riders. We’ve spent hundreds of hours meeting with policymakers and labor leaders to craft an alternative proposal for drivers that includes a minimum earnings guarantee, mileage reimbursement, a health care subsidy, and occupational accident insurance, without the negative consequences.

Another one bites the dust :(

https://www.lyft.com/blog/posts/ca-operations-update
LYFT Rideshare operations are being suspended in California From August 20

At 11:59PM PT today August 20 our rideshare operations in California will be suspended. This is not something we wanted to do, as we know millions of Californians depend on Lyft for daily, essential trips. We’re personally reaching out to riders and drivers to share more about why this is happening, what you can do about it, and to provide some transportation alternatives.

Why this is happening
For multiple years, we’ve been advocating for a path to offer benefits to drivers who use the Lyft platform — including a minimum earnings guarantee and a healthcare subsidy — while maintaining the flexibility and control that independent contractors enjoy. This is something drivers have told us over and over again that they want.

Instead, what Sacramento politicians are pushing is an employment model that 4 out of 5 drivers don’t support. This change would also necessitate an overhaul of the entire business model — it’s not a switch that can be flipped overnight.

In this new model that politicians are pushing:
  • Passengers would experience reduced service, especially in suburban and rural areas
  • 80% of drivers would lose work and the rest would have scheduled shifts, and capped hourly earnings.
  • Lower-income riders trying to make it to essential jobs and medical appointments would be faced with unaffordable prices (38% of Lyft rides in California begin or end in low-income areas that have few transit options already).

We don’t want to suspend operations. We are going to keep up the fight for a benefits model that works for all drivers and our riders. We’ve spent hundreds of hours meeting with policymakers and labor leaders to craft an alternative proposal for drivers that includes a minimum earnings guarantee, mileage reimbursement, a health care subsidy, and occupational accident insurance, without the negative consequences.
Last-minute reprieve... for now.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/20/tech/uber-lyft-california-shutdown/index.html

looking for advise on how to get 9 people + luggage from ONT to DLH. do not want to rent car or use uber or lyft.

I know you said you don't want to rent a car, but I have done one way car rentals before when going to or from the airport for long trips where I don't want to leave my car parked. It works out well.

Uber doesn't serve ONT, so that option is out anyway. Lansky Car Service gets great reviews here, but I don't know if they serve ONT. A one way rental is a good idea. There are several places to drop off the car near DLR, e.g. walking distance to the parks.

looking for advise on how to get 9 people + luggage from ONT to DLH. do not want to rent car or use uber or lyft.
It’s been probably 7 years but we did the private van through supershuttle. There were 8 including a baby and heavy on the luggage, stroller, baby swing, etc.

There are reasons why this board doesn't usually recommend ONT over other DLR area airports. Lack of transportation options is one of them. Many people post that they rent a car, either one way or for the length of their stay -- it's just easier.
OP, will you need any car seats or boosters? CA laws are pretty strict about this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!