Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

Just wanted to update on SuperShuttle code UYR59 that I posted earlier: it did not show up on the Retail-me-not site today (the posted link for the above coupon). I plugged it in anyway since I'm going on Thursday (Nov 19), and it still works. It's still the best deal I've seen and I'm not sure why, but many of the good coupon codes are no longer being shown on RMN but this one, at least, is still active.

Thanks 3TinksAndAnEeyore for this info (and CoMickey for finding it for me!!!)

I am on the verge of my first trip to DL and am looking for quick transportation to get to DL after landing. I am planning to do carryon only LOL. My mission is to be in "2 Kingdoms 1 Day". I think I may splurge for a town car type service.... as I dont want to have to stop at other stops. Going back to the airport when I leave isnt a problem as long as I dont miss my flight LOL

Just wanted to update on SuperShuttle code UYR59 that I posted earlier: it did not show up on the Retail-me-not site today (the posted link for the above coupon). I plugged it in anyway since I'm going on Thursday (Nov 19), and it still works. It's still the best deal I've seen and I'm not sure why, but many of the good coupon codes are no longer being shown on RMN but this one, at least, is still active.

Hey, DizMe! Thanks so much for the update, I'll reference that in the first post!

Thanks 3TinksAndAnEeyore for this info (and CoMickey for finding it for me!!!)

Very glad to help! I also found that transportation from the airport to DLR was the one piece I couldn't find without doing myriad searches.

We just returned a couple of weeks ago and used Zippy Shuttle Service (zippy shuttle.net , 877.889.4779). They were excellent! I booked several trip segments with them (LAX to Fairfield Inn, FFI to San Pedro Pier for a cruise, and return from pier to LAX) and they were by far the best price I found. Just wanted to add my transportation experience to this very informative thread!

We just returned a couple of weeks ago and used Zippy Shuttle Service (zippy shuttle.net , 877.889.4779). They were excellent! I booked several trip segments with them (LAX to Fairfield Inn, FFI to San Pedro Pier for a cruise, and return from pier to LAX) and they were by far the best price I found. Just wanted to add my transportation experience to this very informative thread!

Great! I added Zippy Shuttle under the "Other Shuttle" options! :thumbsup2

We did use Luken Limousine on our way back to the airport for the trip three weeks ago. Website is http://luken-limousine.com/

They were recommended somewhere on the board, but I can't find the topic now.

They have a secure online booking form and offer 20 percent off for online bookings of Sedans available at the moment.

They suggest a pickup time on the online booking form, but if you want to change that you can do that on the form - which we thankfully did, check in at the Lufthansa counter was a nightmare this time due to a cancelled flight before us.

The driver showed up right on time, the car (Sedan) was nice and roomy. No problem at all to get in with my crutches, and 5 large bags/suitcases and our carry on items fit in easily too.

Service was excellent, and we felt safe and comfortable all the time. I definitely recommend them, and they're already on my list of airport transportation back for 2010. *g*

Thank you for this wonderful thread! I've been shopping car rental, shuttle, etc. rates like crazy today for our upcoming trip to DL in 2 weeks. Could someone give me an idea what a taxi may run to/from the Orange County Airport to one of the Disneyland area hotels? (I saw the meter rates posted above but I would appreciate hearing from someone who has experienced taking the taxi which would take into account normal traffic for that route). I'm wondering if it would be roughly comparable to a private car service (with available discounts); if so, it seems easier to just get a taxi upon arrival.

This is great info. I've added this thread to the FAQ sticky thread at the top of this board. Thank you. :)

Thank you for this wonderful thread! I've been shopping car rental, shuttle, etc. rates like crazy today for our upcoming trip to DL in 2 weeks. Could someone give me an idea what a taxi may run to/from the Orange County Airport to one of the Disneyland area hotels? (I saw the meter rates posted above but I would appreciate hearing from someone who has experienced taking the taxi which would take into account normal traffic for that route). I'm wondering if it would be roughly comparable to a private car service (with available discounts); if so, it seems easier to just get a taxi upon arrival.

Taxi from Orange County Airport to Anaheim Convention Center across the street ran us about $40 one way on a midweek morning (8:30ish I think) this past March.

Hope that helps.

Taxi from Orange County Airport to Anaheim Convention Center across the street ran us about $40 one way on a midweek morning (8:30ish I think) this past March.

Hope that helps.

Man! I keep reading about other people getting rates for around $40. I've taken a taxi 3 times each direction (so 6 total) and have never paid less than $45. I don't know what I'm doing wrong :laughing:

Do you say your name Che-RIE? My name is Cheri with the emphasis on the first syllable, like Sherry, but people always pronounce it CheRIE. What can I say? My parents didn't speak French :rotfl:

This is great info. I've added this thread to the FAQ sticky thread at the top of this board. Thank you. :)

Thank you for making this thread a sticky! It's not a sexy thread. More one of those afterthoughts. As in, "We have our plane tickets, bought our park hoppers, have our hotel booked, PS made for meals, reservation for our tour, oh...how are we getting from the airport to DLR? I'm so glad I can add something useful for other DISBoarders after all the wonderful information I've been able to gather from this site.

I hope people will continue to post their experiences and opinions of airport to DLR travel so I can keep the first post full of the most accurate and useful transportation information.

We did use Luken Limousine on our way back to the airport for the trip three weeks ago. Website is http://luken-limousine.com/

They were recommended somewhere on the board, but I can't find the topic now.

They have a secure online booking form and offer 20 percent off for online bookings of Sedans available at the moment.

They suggest a pickup time on the online booking form, but if you want to change that you can do that on the form - which we thankfully did, check in at the Lufthansa counter was a nightmare this time due to a cancelled flight before us.

The driver showed up right on time, the car (Sedan) was nice and roomy. No problem at all to get in with my crutches, and 5 large bags/suitcases and our carry on items fit in easily too.

Service was excellent, and we felt safe and comfortable all the time. I definitely recommend them, and they're already on my list of airport transportation back for 2010. *g*

We also used them 2 years ago (on our last trip to DL).

It was actually our Anniversary and I asked if he could pick us up some Champagene and Glasses so that we could toast once we arrived at DL and he did so without hesiatation.

I recommend these folks. We will be heading back soon to DL and I am tempted to rent a car as we want to go sight seeing but not sure if it is worth the fight trying to find LAX on the way back.

I used Luken Limousine when I went to DL to and from John Wayne airport. Had a town car and was nice. Only problem was the driver did get a little lost trying to avoid traffice... I was afraid I wouldnt get to DL to do both Kingdoms in 1 day, but he got me there okay.

OK I just booked a Limo from B&W to take me and my party from LAX to GCH. The rate is $190 each way. This is for a super stretch limo that can hold up to 10 people.

OK I just booked a Limo from B&W to take me and my party from LAX to GCH. The rate is $190 each way. This is for a super stretch limo that can hold up to 10 people.

Definitely post back and let us know how the service was! Have a wonderful and magical trip!

Does anyone have any experience using Execu-car? Their rates look ok. Also, do you know if any of the car services provide child booster seats? Our son is 5 years old and 50 lbs and I'm sure he'd need one (rather than just being seatbelted).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!