Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

We are looking for advice on getting from LAX to Disney without a car.

How have you all done it and what were the costs involved.

We are using Disneyland Express. It’s a little slower but we have 6 kids that would need boosters/car seats and prefer not to carry the seats.
$43 per adult round trip
$17 per child round trip

Uber. Cost is more like $70 but you can leave when you want and go where you want. It saves time if that is important to you like it is to me.

:wizard:

I'm not the one footing the bill, but for our trip in September we have a limo picking us up. Its about $500 to pick us up and return us when we leave, so approx $250 each way. Which is more than Super Shuttle and Disney Express and Uber (we have a crowd and would need a bigger Uber vehicle). But not a huge amount more and we like the convenience of picking the times, plenty of space for luggage and ourselves.

I used to be a rental car guy everywhere I went...but that has all changed with the availability of Uber.

About $56 from LAX to DL.

Do you have kids that need boosters/ car seats? If so, Disneyland express. Or a private shuttle service that will provide them. I do not recommend shared shuttles like Super Shuttle, because there’s no guarantee you won’t end up toodling all over LA before you get dropped off last. Happened to me last time I tried it- two hours, just from SNA.
If not, Uber or Lyft. If there’s 4 or more of you, you’d probably need an UberXL (bigger, with room for your luggage). Or if you want to go a bit nicer without going the super expensive limousine route, you can do a private car service. Lansky’s is very popular on these boards; their website shows their special rates to DLR from the different airports. They include meeting you at baggage with a sign, bottled water, 20 minute grocery stop, etc. I may go that route myself next time; we’ve had a couple questionable Uber rides lately.
Also when I try to price other car or limo services online, you have to give them all your info and email so they can contact you with a quote- which I hate doing, because you know you’ll be getting the usual deluge of spam from them and all their affiliates until you can hardly keep up with the “unsubscribe” buttons.

We have always been Super shuttle customers and use both shared ride and business express. Until the last couple of trips this has been our best option. We usually do Business express from LAX and shared ride back to LAX. Recently the service from LAX has gotten worse as far as wait times. The last trip in early april they didn't send me a text saying my driver was waiting after we landed. We went to the super shuttle kiosk and asked what was going on. They gave us a number to call and we were told sorry we have no drivers. We paid for a premium service and they could not even be bothered to text me that there would be no car to pick us up and to make it worse they said we have no time frame when a car will be avalable. We took a shared ride but will never use super shuttle again.

IS Uber or Lyft the best (most cost effective) way to get from SNA to Disneyland?

Thanks,
Scott

As the saying goes...Better, Faster, Cheaper...pick two.

IMO, yes Uber/Lyft is the best balance of cost and efficiency absent special needs like car seats

You can get there a bit quicker by hopping in a cab that is on standby curbside, but cost a few bucks more

You can get there cheaper on the DL Express or SuperShuttle, but takes lot longer waiting for bus pickup and drop offs.

We always Uber from SNA

uber/lyft also usually has $10 off promos for first ride/50% off first ride/whatever. We can usually scrounge up a promo somehow, and to a DLR area hotel it's usually $20 or so for an uberXL. They've never taken more than 3-4 minutes to meet us at the airport.

I use Lyft mostly because of some of Uber's past bad behaviors. That said go to ride.guru or download the ride guru app and you can compare their rates and any other providers in the area.

Just checking ride guru for SNA to Disneyland hotel right now; Uber x $24, Lyft $26, Taxi $50.

We will be coming in late to the Burbank Airport...not sure about public transportation. I already looked at Amtrak and we arrive later than its last run to Anaheim.

Has anyone used a private car service? I don't think I want to rent a car as we will be at the parks and it just doesn't make sense to pay for parking at the motel when we aren't really going to be using the car.

Is there a reliable shuttle?

Any and all help would be appreciated!

thats one of the farthest airports from Anaheim. Google maps is saying 40 miles, which in LA would be about 2 hours drives.

The closest airport to Anaheim is John Wayne Orange County (SNA)

The other airport most people use is LAX.

I use LAX and the travel time is usually about 1 hour.

As to your question, due to the distance, I would recommend www.supershuttle.com This is a shared ride van for up to 9 people.

Here's the Uber fare estimator: http://uberestimate.com/costs.php It's saying Burbank airport to Tropicana will be $44-59 for the basic UberX. That doesn't include any possible surge pricing depending on when you get in.

I hate shuttles because you never know if you're going to be the last dropped off.

Private car service like Lansky's is looking pretty spendy for this trip. they're quoting $155, $310 round trip.

I think I'd go with Uber, myself.

Does anyone know, if we could use an UBER/LYFT with 3 adults each with one large lugagge?
Or do we have to take an UberXL/LyftXL? The cost would be nearly as twice as high if we need a XL ride!

Does anyone know, if we could use an UBER/LYFT with 3 adults each with one large lugagge?
Or do we have to take an UberXL/LyftXL? The cost would be nearly as twice as high if we need a XL ride!
Great question and if it were me I would do UberX just to be safe. I have used Uber before with carry-on luggage and two people with no issue. Three people and large luggage might be a stretch.

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter