Airplane ride to Disney? Please help..

Zydebearsmom

Mouseketeer
We are getting ready to go to Disney. I have ordered drinks from Amazon Pantry to be delivered and some snacks. I'm trying to save money so no Garden Grocers. Can I take fruit and snacks in a checked bag on the airline? It is only an hour flight.

I usually pack snacks and also a small Brick Wine box, to drink at the resort.
If you do pack anything that is juicy or perishable you have to plan on how to pack it properly
so that it won't get damaged (they throw suitcases) and it won't spoil.

We are getting ready to go to Disney. I have ordered drinks from Amazon Pantry to be delivered and some snacks. I'm trying to save money so no Garden Grocers. Can I take fruit and snacks in a checked bag on the airline? It is only an hour flight.
I'm assuming that you're not flying in from outside of the country, so you'll be fine. However, even short flights can subject luggage to high temperatures on the tarmac when loading and unloading bags. I would be reluctant to pack fresh fruit in checked bags just because of that. But there are no laws prohibiting you from doing it.

You can pack any foods & liquids in your checked baggage. You can put a whole bottle of wine in your checked luggage if you so chose! With regards to going through TSA you can bring through anything that isn't liquid. I watched someone's Subway sandwich go through the X-ray machine a couple trips back :) For TSA I would also avoid liquid-like foods like peanut butter or Nutella (had a friend try that one, TSA confiscated that 'security threat' right quick).

OP, the TSA has a handy site which lists items that can be brought in both checked and carry-on bags. Do a search for "What Can I Bring" and TSA and you should find it.

Please, anything liquid you put in your carry-on should be triple bagged! If something leaks it won't ruin just your luggage, but the luggage of whoever has the misfortune of having their bag near yours.

We always take snacks and beverages in our checked luggage. You can buy 2 gallon sized ziplock bags if you are taking larger (wine) bottles- I usually wrap bottles in towels and then double-bag. I pack fruit or crispy things (crackers, cookies, pop tarts) in storage containers so they don't get squashed. We also save small coffee cans, pringles/stax cans, etc., to put snacks in.

When we flew to Disney the first time - I packed the food I wanted to bring in a box. Actual cardboard box - packed all the food carefully, lots of extra bags around the liquids etc. Nobody batted an eyelash. Sent the box through as checked luggage. It was great - finished our food, threw the box away ezpz.

Ok well - my husband did laugh at me, and he was slightly embarrassed until he saw all of the crazy things that people checked. And once there he was happy to have some of his favorites on hand.

I always put fruit and some (non liquid) snacks in my carry on bag.

You can pack any foods & liquids in your checked baggage. You can put a whole bottle of wine in your checked luggage if you so chose! With regards to going through TSA you can bring through anything that isn't liquid. I watched someone's Subway sandwich go through the X-ray machine a couple trips back :) For TSA I would also avoid liquid-like foods like peanut butter or Nutella (had a friend try that one, TSA confiscated that 'security threat' right quick).

Peanut butter in checked luggage also causes issues. It causes your bag to get pulled off and searched- their scanners don't like it. It caused my bag to not make my flight!

Peanut butter in checked luggage also causes issues. It causes your bag to get pulled off and searched- their scanners don't like it. It caused my bag to not make my flight!
Yikes! Noted!
Indeed, peanut butter would be a good item not to fly with at all. In the cabin, it could trigger someone else's severe allergy. The resort market might be the best place to buy that if you aren't getting groceries delivered.

Why not just go to a publix or Aldi?

How could a closed jar of peanut butter in a bag cause allergy issues?
A jar that has never been opened likely won't cause any problem. But a jar that has been opened and has some peanut butter on the sides in an open bag, or a jar that is opened for a snack during flight, could cause someone with airborne allergies a problem.

What makes you think you can't? This is allowed.

I know it is allowed, but I have been told by many people they have had their carbonated sodas (bottle and can) explode in checked luggage.

I can't pack them in carry on or personal before due to 3 oz rule, SO I'm hoping to find bottled ones for sale after security and put them in personal/carry on then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter