Airmiles Shop the Block 2018 - BONUS MILES POSTING NOW

Darn. According to the posted photo on RFD a 1st time user of Miss Fresh will get 500 miles and count towards one of the 7 shops. I wish I hadn't done Miss Fresh already now. Ah well.

EDITED: I just remembered that was on my card. I can still do that on my husband's card. :)

Last edited:
So a couple of questions ---I know I know already.Lol.
So if I buy a gift card in store at Shell will it be honoured as an in store purchase?
What about a car wash purchased in store?
I know Shell is a bit different about Gift cards.

Hugs
Mel

570x760_smart_fit.jpg

According to the Shell website, no.

Can I earn AIR MILES Reward Miles when paying with a Shell Gift Card?
Yes, you can earn AIR MILES Reward Miles when you make an eligible purchase using the Shell Gift Card as a method of payment. You must swipe you AIR MILES card at the time of transaction. Please note there is no base AIR MILES Reward Miles awarded when you purchase a Shell Gift Card.

According to the Shell website, no.

Can I earn AIR MILES Reward Miles when paying with a Shell Gift Card?
Yes, you can earn AIR MILES Reward Miles when you make an eligible purchase using the Shell Gift Card as a method of payment. You must swipe you AIR MILES card at the time of transaction. Please note there is no base AIR MILES Reward Miles awarded when you purchase a Shell Gift Card.

Thanks for the information.I guess I might have to get a couple of ice cream bars,lol.
MGM-DoubleChoc-IcecreamBar-web.jpg

Hugs
Mel

So a couple of questions ---I know I know already.Lol.
So if I buy a gift card in store at Shell will it be honoured as an in store purchase?
What about a car wash purchased in store?
I know Shell is a bit different about Gift cards.

YES, if you buy a gift card in Shell it will count as an in store purchase -- UNLESS it's a Shell gift card, all others do earn you miles. My thought was to buy a gift card from Shell to use somewhere else during the promo?? For example, get a card for Amazon and then use it for an online purchase (they usually have a coupon attached to the airmilesshop website)

While I typically try not to overpay for items even if I can get air miles, I think this year I won't have many sales on the growing shopping list: Converse at The Bay, Schleich horse sets, iPod Touch are just a few of the hot items I've been alerted to this year LOL I think Apple always has 20x the miles on airmilesshops, so that will be a no-brainer. If I buy AppleCare at the same time, does that count towards miles too?

The exclusions for the Apple store are:
Please note that AIR MILES Reward Miles cannot be earned on the following products: The new iPad Pro, new MacBook Air, new Mac mini, iPhone XR and Apple Watch Series 4, Apple Store gift cards, Bose products, shipping, gift wrap, iTunes or App store purchases, AppleCare Protection, and Apple One to One memberships.

Guess I might have to change my settings and get a few more cash miles. I wonder if I should wait until we see the promo deals out west...or do it now. Decisions decisions lol:scratchin

I want to see the offers for the West too! There's usually lots of overlap (sub Safeway/Sobeys for Metro, Safeway Liquor for LCBO...) but there's still usually unique offers.

As for cash miles, I have about 500 and I don't think I'll add to it. If the rumour offers are accurate, 500 should be plenty for the stores I typically shop (Rexall, Shell, Safeway).

Thank you, any info great. I think they have the start date incorrect, they say Nov 17, I believe it is Nov 15?
I went looking for info last night, red flags I noticed had coupon booklet images for Ontario, looks like from Metro (make sure you have some cash miles!)
I don't understand the emphasis in mentioning that this year coupons have to be from different partners. I thought it was that way last year lol.

I haven't seen a cover of the booklet yet but based on some of the coupons Mel posted above the promo will run from November 15th-December 27th. Last year was November 14th - December 14th and I'm glad we get an extra 2 weeks to finish up!

Last year it was 7 coupons....not 7 retailers. There was also the Amex and Mastercard offers which I'm hoping happens again.

You're correct, last year's StB was for the number of coupons NOT retailers and i think it kicked Airmiles in the butt because it was too easy to complete. Lots of partners had at least 3 coupons making it really simple to finish up within a week. This is when a lot of us opened a secondary account to snag double (or triple) the miles. ALL of the other promos have been based on partners NOT coupons.

Well I think I missed that part last year lol

Not sure if this is allowed.....

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/air-miles-shop-block-2018-nationwide-nov-15-dec-27-2234901/
Based on this list of coupons it will be really hard for me to get 7...even if they include Amex and MC.
ETA: There should also be Sobeys, Foodland and LCBO so not that hard if those are included.

I *think* the TOS for the boards about posting links only applies to travel agencies other than the sponsors of the site (could be mistaken though, I've been wrong a time or 2 before :P )
Correct, most of the promos that require the use of coupons (unlike the last online shopping messy one) have had the option to opt into using your credit card a certain number of times -- so nice that Dollarama allows even AMEX now since there is never any dollar value of purchase attached to this "coupon"

It was so easy last year because you could use multiple coupons at the same retailer. Fingers crossed that whom ever is speculating that it's 7 retailers this year is wrong.

I highly doubt this is wrong, HOWEVER, you will still be able to use as many coupons as you'd like to get the bonus miles on the individual coupons and some sponsors (Usually Rexall) allow you to use the coupons as many times as you'd like. So let's say you use both from Shell that are posted above you would earn 10 miles BUT only count as 1 partner.

Yep based on that list I couldn’t get to seven period. But that won’t be it. With Sobey’s, LCBO and Foodland I should be able to get there. There are always more added as the promo goes on as well.

There will be different coupon books at different partners as well -- Sobey's/Foodland won't have the Metro coupons in theirs -- AND the online site will update regularly adding and subtracting coupons throughout the promo.

Maybe my memory is failing me. Wasn't STB always based on number of partners, not number of offers? IIRC though, places like Sobeys, Foodland, Urban Fresh, and even Sobeys Pharmacy were considered "different sponsors". There were the little stars (or circles or something) that got filled in on the website when you saved offers from different sponsors, but two coupons from the same sponsor only got you one filled in shape. That's how you knew if they were considered to be the same sponsor or not.
Nope, your memory is perfect -- other than last year's StB all promos have been based on sponsors not coupons. Last year was the first year they added the ability to track online HOWEVER as the coupons appeared and disappeared so did those little "saved" stars so take screenshots!

Yes I think it has always been different partners, as Sobeys usually had more than one coupon, but only one counted towards the seven.

Only difference was this past Mega Miles when the pharmacy within Sobey's considered a different sponsor than the front of the store.
That's what I thought too but I just looked at last year's spreadsheet. Sobeys had tacos, chocolate bars, a redemption, bacon, herbal essence shampoo etc., Foodland had tacos, creamer, chocolate bars etc. Any of that sound familiar??
The Sobeys Pharmacy one was in the spring, Mega Miles.
Those are my records anyway.

Correct and it was the chocolate bars & shampoo that those of us living in Ontario bought for others to help complete the promo. We ended up with a TON of chocolate and the foodbank got all of the shampoo!
Last year it was coupons, previous years it was sponsors. I only remember because I actually managed to do it last year and never had before :)

Last year was not 7 different retailers. It was 7 different coupons.

For example last year my STB coupons #3 and #4 were BOTH at Foodland. One was buy 3 cadbury chocolate bars get 20 air miles. The other was buy 1 Tia taco kit and get 20 air miles. Both those coupons, both valid at Foodland, counted toward the 7 coupons to use.

However, the coupon only counted once toward the 7 coupons. I could use two "buy 3 cadbury chocolate bars" and get the 20 air miles twice, but only the first use would count towards my 7 coupons.

Does that explain it better?

Hope no one minds that I brought this all over there but when I'm in the city and on the bus I don't have access to my records. When i look at the notifications on my phone I tend to forget to look again when i get home and then things get missed. I find it easier for ME if we keep the weekly thread dedicated to the flyer offers and our general chatter and the promo discussions in one place. Makes it easy if anyone needs to search for something specific (go to the search bar and filter to "Search this Thread Only") I will pull answers to common questions into one of the posts on the first page as well for easy reference. I want to make sure everyone can earn the maximum miles :cool1::thumbsup2

I didn't have an HBC rewards account (I rarely shop at the Bay), so I just signed up for that, and didn't select convert to airmiles so I can do the conversion when the bonus is active. :)

Also for those who have. If you cancel your conversion and then convert back during the promo. Not sure if that would work.
I know for some things like surveys and that I have stopped being signed up for them to see if that works too.

I thought I had an HBC rewards account. I had one I used at Zeller's at any rate. I could have sworn when Zellers closed my account was changed over to HBC.

I couldn't figure out my old account ID however, so I created a new one and it accepted and gave me a new card number.

Thanks!

I have a copy of the booklet. The big change is only having 1 coupon per retailer count toward the 7.
Is there anything that says that Sobeys and Foodland are two separate retailers? All of a sudden, they are together in my offers (ie the same), and I notice that the food ads are also often the same deals. Fingers crossed that they remain separate!

Those looking for a link to Metro *Fresh To Go* catering online
https://fresh2go.metro.ca/
Awesome: Here's the list of instore products:

Selection bottled water
♦ Irresistibles sparkling / carbonated water
♦ Selection soft drinks
♦ Ice
♦ Paper dinner plates
♦ Paper dessert plates
♦ Plastic cutlery
♦ Irresistibles buns and breads
♦ Plastic cold cups
♦ Paper hot cups
♦ Selection serviettes
♦ Birthday candles
♦ Condiments
♦ Selection paper towels
♦ Irresistibles coffee / tea
♦ Milk / cream / sugar
♦ Irresistibles juices

♦ Fresh Flowers
Between flowers, milk, sugar, serviettes, paper plates, buns, soft drinks....I'm pretty sure that I can make the $25+ buy.

I have a question on the spend the Cash Miles. I've never done that (but I've saved 288 for this promotion). Do you just have to have spent $10 to redeem the $10? Or is there a different minimum?

Is there anything that says that Sobeys and Foodland are two separate retailers? All of a sudden, they are together in my offers (ie the same), and I notice that the food ads are also often the same deals. Fingers crossed that they remain separate!

Do you mean the Sobey's APP? On my APP they have always shown up together. Any of the offers can be used at either chain.

But for last year's STB they were seperate retailers in terms of the coupons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter