airmiles for Disneyland tickets

Canadave

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used their airmiles for tickets to Disneyland?...or DisneyWorld? If so, has anyone upgraded their tickets when they arrived at the Parks? I'm looking at cashing in for a 3 day park hopper to Disneyland and then upgrading to a 5 day on our first day. (1650 airmiles for 3 day hopper, 1825 for a 5 day hopper...the price difference is $198 vs. $211...an extra $13 for 2 more days and save 175 airmiles per pass).

hi there! I JUST recieved my tickets from airmiles last week! unfortunately you missed the deal they had. I got 7 days for 1650 airmiles. awesome deal! I'm glad i got it since they totally upped the amount needed. I was reading about upgrading tickets, and yes you can! just like you said, you just pay the difference. When and where are you going? we're going to disneyland and driving there in 15 more sleeps! I can;t wait! :cool1: I used my airmiles for the rental car, $1700 in best western gift cards, and our disneyland tickets! I <3 airmiles!!! :love:

Upgrading works well at WDW I would confirm (maybe on the DL thread) that it works the same at DL.

WDW passes have not expiry, DL passes have specific dates attached so ensure the dates are what you are looking for.

WDW gives you the face value as credit against the upgrade. I am not certain, but I believe DL only gives you a credit for the wholesale value (what airmiles paid) even if you have used it for a day.

andrea2...that IS a great deal for the 7 day passes. Unfortunately, we're not heading down until next February. I'll have to wait until they update the tickets on the airmile site (as ABCanada mentioned, those tickets expire December 31, 2011). They just announced the new DL ticket prices, so I think they will change the airmiles soon.
I have never been to DL (been to WDW 5 times) and it is very different getting things planned. They sure don't like you to get organized too soon :confused3 (ie. ticket expiry dates, 6o day window for booking restaurants).
We're staying at the Annabella Resort and we'll be doing DL along with some Hollywood experiences (dd's are teenage/early 20's...so we need to mix things up;) )
Have fun at DL...and 'good work' with the airmiles:worship: We're finally getting a handle on accumulating and using the airmiles.

ABCanada...that's weird about the 'wholesale' value of the tickets. Wonder how I can find out what the value would be. Maybe I'll post on the DL board...someone might have had experience in upgrading.

I also have teenagers. we're spending 3 days in the LA area before we head into anaheim. and then its 7 days of fun and relaxation! :woohoo:
And they actually just changed the ticket prices on airmiles. so unless they do another deal, I think these are the amount the tickets will be until next year when they raise them again. My friends bug me about my airmiles, but then i just point out how little this trip is costing us and they usually shutup! LOL oh and my tickets have a price of $241 each on them if that helps. I would assume thats the price they would use the upgrade :confused3 well have fun planning your trip. I love the planning part. I'm wierd like that! LOL i'm already working on next summers vacation! :thumbsup2

I haven't but am wondering if anyone here has any tips to increase your airmiles potential? I have the regular free airmiles card and a BMO credit card that I can earn air miles on.... should I just start putting everything on my card to get more miles? any stores you know of that give a lot of miles-dollars ratio?

andrea2...
I went to the airmiles site and they still have the passes that expire Oct. 31/11, so they are no good to me yet. Your passes were 7 days, right? I see that on the Disneyland site, they don't offer 7 day passes anymore:confused3 Disneyland confuses me soooo much
BTW, we just got our flight tickets yesterday, so now we have to go :woohoo:

I haven't but am wondering if anyone here has any tips to increase your airmiles potential? I have the regular free airmiles card and a BMO credit card that I can earn air miles on.... should I just start putting everything on my card to get more miles? any stores you know of that give a lot of miles-dollars ratio?

Hey roxysmum
I don't actually really shop at safeway anymore. But its where i get all my airmiles. If they advertise 2 purex toilet papers at $6.99 each and you get 40 airmiles for it, then i buy it. I just shop for all the airmile deals there. But most of my grocery shopping is bought in the states. I live 5 min from the border. Whenever our safeway has done renovations then they have the extreme airmiles. so instead of spend $100 get 100 airmiles, they have spend $100 and get 250 airmiles, then i shopped. I also get all my prescriptions from them too. unfortunately airmiles has been upping the amount needed for redemption on things and a lot of people are not happy about it. So the 2 forums I used to count on for showing me what airmile deals were happening at safeway are now full of bitter angry people. And i have noticed the airmile deals at safeway are becoming less and less. Hopefully its not a trend.

andrea2...
I went to the airmiles site and they still have the passes that expire Oct. 31/11, so they are no good to me yet. Your passes were 7 days, right? I see that on the Disneyland site, they don't offer 7 day passes anymore:confused3 Disneyland confuses me soooo much
BTW, we just got our flight tickets yesterday, so now we have to go :woohoo:

well you might luck out and they bring out a fall special.
I believe the 7 day passes were for canadians only. They have different passes for australians also. So is you go to a travel agent, they may have 7 day passes. I guess its to get us there! LOL
YAY for the flight! :cool1:

andrea2...those deals for airmiles at Safeway are amazing. Sure would make it easier to accumulate miles. We are going to use some airmiles for Hollywood City passes and then buy as many DL tickets that we can with the remainder. I don't have enough for 4 yet but we have some time...but if they put on a special deal :woohoo:

I use airmilesshops.ca to shop on line they often have 10X events. You can also download a search bar and accumulate miles when you do online searches.

If you are upgrading the tickets you should check the Disneyland thread. We are planning on going next year and I thought that I read that the prices for tickets online are less than the cost at the gate so if you bought a 3 day and wanted to add a day it would have x but when you do it at the gate it would cost y. The Disneyland thread has lots of good info I would ask them just to make sure You are gettig the best deal.

We pool our credit cards together (Airmiles AMEX and BMO), ie 1 main account with supplementary cards and all the cards all linked to one Airmiles Account. And everyone in the family has a supplementary Airmiles card with them when they shop (i.e. Shell, Rona, etc.) Also I try to shop at the online stores that are included in Airmilesshops.ca versus at the actual stores (e.g. Chapters, Gap, Old Navy, even Toy'rus) to accumulated more points.

This Tuesday at Safeway you will receive 10x the base Airmiles! Just let the cashier know that you want that rather then the 10% off offer. I believe that in some provinces you will get 15x the Airmiles!

I think damo means the tool bar doesn't offer Airmiles anymore. I recall receiving email saying that.

Yup, that's what I meant. You can't collect miles anymore by doing searches. It's a shame because I always used it.

I echo the posts about getting the most miles by shopping at Safeway. Our family started in January 2011, checking the flyers each week and planning our purchases to get the most air miles. So far, we have gotten 5 WDW 7-day park tickets with our air miles !!

We also changed from an air miles Mastercard to an air miles Amex which gives 1 mile for every $10 at participating sponsors with only a $50 annual fee.

Good luck on your collecting. :)

We go to DL every year, and we use airmiles to get at least 2 out of 4 DL 3-day hoppers each time. We don't usually go for more than 3 days because we do it every year, and there's so much to do in SoCal! To give you an idea, there's Huntington Beach, Laguna Beach, Balboa Island, San Diego, etc.

Airmiles mails you the actual passes; make sure you allot enough time for the passes to arrive before you leave.

When we ordered them this year for spring break, we got a special where adult passes were the same airmiles as kids. We ended up redeeming 1325 airmiles for each 3-day hopper pass.

Here's a money saving tip: Go eat at Mimi's Cafe across the street from the DL main gate. Good food and decent prices. Sign up on their email list to get coupons like a 2 for 1 coupon for breakfast. But to get that, sign up close to your departure date, since it has a quick expiry date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter