Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Question…..does anyone have info on the current situation pertaining to WDW park reservations? We DO NOT have date based tickets and it looks like reservations might still be required.

Question…..does anyone have info on the current situation pertaining to WDW park reservations? We DO NOT have date based tickets and it looks like reservations might still be required.
hubby and i both still need to make park reservations- i have an annual pass and he has a bunch of comped tickets that are valid thru the end of 2025. Only needed to remember to make them so I could snag virtual queue for Guardians!

They also have M&M meats gift cards as well. They actually have lots of other gift cards.
I saw $50 gift cards that work at all the scene grocery stores at Dollarama today. I might pick up one tomorrow because I have used the last of my Sobeys gift cards at Freshco today. I will see if I get 1 air miles or 10 air miles when it posts.

hubby and i both still need to make park reservations- i have an annual pass and he has a bunch of comped tickets that are valid thru the end of 2025. Only needed to remember to make them so I could snag virtual queue for Guardians!
I have to say I'm slightly irked by having to do this. It only came to my attention last night...had no idea this was a thing. We were on the phone with DD's friend who was making a resort reservation for us with the CM discount (YA!) and she mentioned park reservations. She went ahead and booked one day for us under her main gate pass but now we have to make actual plans and link some tickets.

The high lights of the phone call....we are staying at POFQ :love: my favourite but boy is it expensive now, even with 40% off. The BIG news...DD's friend is doing the castle show two days while we are there, so we get to see her!!!!!

In planning my next trip (Fall) I am going in this time with a refreshed attitude.

I am taking my EpiPen ,,,,safe to me antibiotics and lots cold/allergy meds.
I will not be skipping the face mask on the Airplane this time.
I will be taking safe to me snacks.

My primary goal is a bit of warm weather and staying healthy.

One 1/2 or full day in Disney Springs ,,,I have got to get a few new Christmas decorations and a few stocking stuffers.
I do like to go to Starbucks and the movies when I am there/Dine In theatre.

One Day shop on Universal Drive.

One day in Universal Orlando park to see the castle lit up ,,and maybe breakfast at 3 Broomsticks.
https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/dining/three-broomsticks/menu.html
One of the few restaurants that doesn't serve Shellfish.
I might be able to save enough Airmiles for a ticket and then upgrade it to a Express Pass.

A few days reading by he pool with a refreshing drink.
Disney is a skip as I will be going there later in the year.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I have to say I'm slightly irked by having to do this. It only came to my attention last night...had no idea this was a thing. We were on the phone with DD's friend who was making a resort reservation for us with the CM discount (YA!) and she mentioned park reservations. She went ahead and booked one day for us under her main gate pass but now we have to make actual plans and link some tickets.

The high lights of the phone call....we are staying at POFQ :love: my favourite but boy is it expensive now, even with 40% off. The BIG news...DD's friend is doing the castle show two days while we are there, so we get to see her!!!!!
POFQ is our favourite (heck the ONLY) resort to stay at, so quaint, quiet and romantic. They're in the midst of a complete hard goods refurbs on the rooms, started last week on building one so depending on when your trip is you might be able to get into a freshly re-done room! I think we'll be requesting a new room when we go in October

Questions for people who have booked flights on Porter using dream miles:
  1. Did you need to pay the taxes and fees twice? It's confusing, says they are included but then also shows an amount to be paid on top of the miles??
  2. Were you able to add checked bags and select seats AFTER booking directly with Porter? Example, if I book direct I know there's an option to add a "package" for seat selection and bags that is cheaper than booking the next fare up.
We don't have the ability to book 2 different fares for the flight down and then home and we want to do the classic fare for heading south and the Reserve fare for coming home,so that means booking 2 one-way tickets and it costs more miles than we currently have. I can't tell if the prices are the same for miles vs the current seat sale!

Mind is going round in circles, so many things to consider. How much weight do we give to better flight times, slightly cheaper rates, around 200-ish and no marathon at the beginning of the month? Plus the fact that we'd have 3 fewer weeks to wait :P

POFQ is our favourite (heck the ONLY) resort to stay at, so quaint, quiet and romantic. They're in the midst of a complete hard goods refurbs on the rooms, started last week on building one so depending on when your trip is you might be able to get into a freshly re-done room! I think we'll be requesting a new room when we go in October
This will be our 5th stay there. I don't know why I love it so much but I do. Realistically, the food court and pool are not great. The location is excellent and the overall vibe is lovely though. DD and I stayed there 10 days in 2018 @ $97/night, we had the prefect room location in building 5. We were ground floor right in front of the laundry room....a nearly literal stones throw to the food court. I took my book, my tea, bought beignets and sat outside every morning while DD slept in. LOL...she found out about my morning beignets on about day 4 and said I was holding out on her.

We are leaving on Saturday and have zero chance of getting a refurb'd room. Staying as a CM we can't ask for anything special.

I've stayed at all levels of resort there and I find there to be not enough difference between the value and mods to warrant the extra cost of the mods. The deluxe are really nice though. If we were not paying the exchange rate I would be at deluxe every time. This booking was a splurge it came in at an additional $500 USD over a preferred at Movies. I tell myself that I work hard and deserve it. I did go with the cheap trip to Cuba in March and this is likely my last trip this year. So you know. I will have regrets when I get the bill though. Now to convince myself that I probably need to rent an ECV due to my foot. That's going to be a hard one.

Questions for people who have booked flights on Porter using dream miles:
  1. Did you need to pay the taxes and fees twice? It's confusing, says they are included but then also shows an amount to be paid on top of the miles??
  2. Were you able to add checked bags and select seats AFTER booking directly with Porter? Example, if I book direct I know there's an option to add a "package" for seat selection and bags that is cheaper than booking the next fare up.
We don't have the ability to book 2 different fares for the flight down and then home and we want to do the classic fare for heading south and the Reserve fare for coming home,so that means booking 2 one-way tickets and it costs more miles than we currently have. I can't tell if the prices are the same for miles vs the current seat sale!

Mind is going round in circles, so many things to consider. How much weight do we give to better flight times, slightly cheaper rates, around 200-ish and no marathon at the beginning of the month? Plus the fact that we'd have 3 fewer weeks to wait :P
You won't be paying the taxes twice. The Airmiles cover the flight portion and you end up paying the taxes. I confirmed this when we flew with them using AM in May. It's a bit of math but it does work out usualy withing $20 or so.

That being said I wasn't sure when I was looking the other day, on AM, that they were picking up on the seat sale. You might want to do the double check on that and the math for each of your flight segments.

I added seats after I made my AM flight booking (did this on the Porter site after entering my confirmation). I didn't add bags as we fly carryon so I can't comment about that when using AM to book.

PM me your flight details and I'll have a go at the math if you like.

Last edited:
This will be our 5th stay there. I don't know why I love it so much but I do. Realistically, the food court and pool are not great. The location is excellent and the overall vibe is lovely though. DD and I stayed there 10 days in 2018 @ $97/night, we had the prefect room location in building 5. We were ground floor right in front of the laundry room....a nearly literal stones throw to the food court. I took my book, my tea, bought beignets and sat outside every morning while DD slept in. LOL...she found out about my morning beignets on about day 4 and said I was holding out on her.

We are leaving on Saturday and have zero chance of getting a refurb'd room. Staying as a CM we can't ask for anything special.

I've stayed at all levels of resort there and I find there to be not enough difference between the value and mods to warrant the extra cost of the mods. The deluxe are really nice though. If we were not paying the exchange rate I would be at deluxe every time. This booking was a splurge it came in at an additional $500 USD over a preferred at Movies. I tell myself that I work hard and deserve it. I did go with the cheap trip to Cuba in March and this is likely my last trip this year. So you know. I will have regrets when I get the bill though. Now to convince myself that I probably need to rent an ECV due to my foot. That's going to be a hard one.
bummer about the foot . If you do go for a scooter (and i highly recommend you do even if you're only thinking about it, you need it!) The best experience we've had is with Gold mobility. Avoid scooterbug like the plague!!!

ETA- ignore that highlighted text on the mobility device I HATE how certain words are now automatically triggering inserting links!!! That's an OK company but gold is just better 😉

In this household when we plan a trip we PLAN A TRIP! Sitting beside each other on the couch with 2 laptops running, spreadsheets on one and multiple tabs for searches on the other.

By the time *we* were satisfied with how the spreadsheets were functioning there were no, none, zilch, NADA rooms at POFQ during the beginning of the month. SO, things will stay as booked for now - I don't have enough brain function left to deal with the flights at this point. Guess we will wait for another sale

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest