Airmiles Armchair Chatter

You need to log on first to airmiles then you click on the the title of the reward, and it will reload the page with options to order the ticket. I just did it. Thanks for sharing!

:thanks:
I meant how to find it without the link. It's not on the Event Exclusive page.

Thanks ordered one for Toronto, but it does not indicate which theater?
Plus could only get with your link still can not find it anywhere else.
Thanks again.
I think my location showed on the checkout page. At least, I know where the Screening is but it's not stated in my confirmation email.

Hi everyone. I'm planning on buying a 7 day ticket with AM and then upgrading it to an AP. Is it better to buy with Canadian special discount or should I wait until discount is over? What is your understanding of how the upgrade would work?

Hi everyone. I'm planning on buying a 7 day ticket with AM and then upgrading it to an AP. Is it better to buy with Canadian special discount or should I wait until discount is over? What is your understanding of how the upgrade would work?

This is a tough one. Lots of unkowns. Your will be given the value that Disney assigns to your ticket when you do the upgrade. In the case of the Canadian discount special you are assigned the discounted value of the ticket in US$ (295.54). Given that we don't know if airmiles will even continue with the tickets once the Canadian discount promotion is over I don't know what to say about that. The new tickets, if they do continue, will cost you more AM and you will be assigned a higher $ value (436.65) when doing your upgrade. (numbers based on 7 day base ticket on Disney website, Cdn offer, US offer)

If you are looking to minimize the $US spent on the upgrade I would say wait until the promotion is over and see what happens.

Agree with ottawamom, hard to say which will be better. One other comment to add is that Disney raised ticket prices in February but airmiles has not increased the point levels (likely because the Canadian ticket prices didn't increase). So once the promo is over, we will likely see an increase in point levels to more than the previous non-discounted levels.

Shopped Rexall yesterday $28, earned 126 points, all points are posted.

I'm doing the odd Sobey's instore am promo this week and then sticking with Rexall as their sales work for me this week. Load and Go offers are 80am/$40 and 60am/$30 ... so maybe the weekly coupon will be 60am/$30????

My Bay 100 bonus posted. Never did get my full 120 Rexall points with load 'n go and coupon even though it was on my receipt. Only got 60.

Here's the details (slightly) more legible than my typing it out of Rexall's Head-to-Toe event. Regarding the LoadnGo offers for next week -- mine in spend $60.00 get 100 AM and it rarely coincides with the weekly coupon anymore, I think it is becoming more targeted based on the amount we tend to spend and to force us to shop *harder*. I only have one of these though, you're lucky @Days In the Sun ! @damo you might want to chase those extra 60 AM down --- unless they have finally figured out how to make the fine print of "not vaild with any LoadnGo offers" actually work!!!
upload_2017-4-21_10-28-38.png

Couldn't help myself and went back last night for another pickle run. Had $5 in coupons for pickles, which was nice. Got 952 air miles. My store was limit of 12 and I did 2 transactions.

I just checked to see how many AM's it would be for a DCL cruise and they are giving .9 cents per point. Ouch! A lady online said she had got hers at .20 cents, she also said that redemption values change all of the time so I will be watching for that :cool2:

Thanks for your thoughts @ottawamom and @Days In the Sun. My instinct was also to wait to get a better American Dollar value for the tickets. I'm not overly concerned if there is a point increase for the tickets. I have enough Disney Tickets for my trip already. The idea of getting a 7 day ticket came about because I realized that if I can get the ticket through Air Miles, then the price of the upgrade will be pretty much the equivalent of paying for parking and buying memory maker/ photo pass. So, why not get the AP? I can then access discounts, and perhaps visit again a year later.

Here's the details (slightly) more legible than my typing it out of Rexall's Head-to-Toe event. Regarding the LoadnGo offers for next week -- mine in spend $60.00 get 100 AM and it rarely coincides with the weekly coupon anymore, I think it is becoming more targeted based on the amount we tend to spend and to force us to shop *harder*. I only have one of these though, you're lucky @Days In the Sun ! @damo you might want to chase those extra 60 AM down --- unless they have finally figured out how to make the fine print of "not vaild with any LoadnGo offers" actually work!!!
View attachment 232484

That is my fear.

You guys are lucky. Just checked my Load and Go for Rexall and I don't even have a coupon for next week. Just the spend $30 get $10 GC for this weekend.

So I finally had my appointment yesterday to book my DCL cruise through airmiles - 8 looooong days after first calling (seeing the cruise price go up and the Can $$ tank was stressful, luckily the cabins weren't selling out fast on the deck we wanted). They were supposed to call me between 3 and 5, but instead called at 11 am. Good thing I had given my work number!!! It was AGONISING!!! Took over an hour, my god they really do not want us to use our miles. Anyways, for a 7-day Western Carribean cruise March 3-10 2018 on the Disney Fantasy, for 2 adults and 3 kids (4, 7 and 10 at the time of cruising), cat 4C verandah family stateroom, I paid the 20% deposit and the AM booking fee (of 30$ per person + tax) by credit card, and now I have until late November to accumulate roughly 69,000 airmiles to offset the rest of the cruise price minus taxes which needs to be covered by cash (taxes ends up being more than on the DCL website, as they also include fuel surcharges from the main cruise price, etc, so lame). That should save me a little over 7000$ Canadian (I forgot my scribbles at home for exact numbers), not that I'm going to get nearly that much. But last time I had paid for a 4 day cruise, 5 3-day park tickets (before they discounted the prices of course), and 5 Seaworld passes, and that was close to 50,000 airmiles. So now I have a goal!!!

Right now I only have 8716 airmiles, and I was quoted this would give a savings of 958$.

So I finally had my appointment yesterday to book my DCL cruise through airmiles - 8 looooong days after first calling (seeing the cruise price go up and the Can $$ tank was stressful, luckily the cabins weren't selling out fast on the deck we wanted). They were supposed to call me between 3 and 5, but instead called at 11 am. Good thing I had given my work number!!! It was AGONISING!!! Took over an hour, my god they really do not want us to use our miles. Anyways, for a 7-day Western Carribean cruise March 3-10 2018 on the Disney Fantasy, for 2 adults and 3 kids (4, 7 and 10 at the time of cruising), cat 4C verandah family stateroom, I paid the 20% deposit and the AM booking fee (of 30$ per person + tax) by credit card, and now I have until late November to accumulate roughly 69,000 airmiles to offset the rest of the cruise price minus taxes which needs to be covered by cash (taxes ends up being more than on the DCL website, as they also include fuel surcharges from the main cruise price, etc, so lame). That should save me a little over 7000$ Canadian (I forgot my scribbles at home for exact numbers), not that I'm going to get nearly that much. But last time I had paid for a 4 day cruise, 5 3-day park tickets (before they discounted the prices of course), and 5 Seaworld passes, and that was close to 50,000 airmiles. So now I have a goal!!!

Right now I only have 8716 airmiles, and I was quoted this would give a savings of 958$.

That seems like an insane amount of AM to collect. I like to think of myself as a fairly engaged collector and I couldn't get halfway there.

Holy Crap! I had an actual comment to this, but this is all I can muster typing (69,000 miles - wow!)

:eek: How can you possibly collect 69,000 in 7 months? That would be some nice collecting. So I'm going to assume you can pay some in airmiles and some in cash? It sounds like a goal I should aspire to.

@ottawamom I want to thank you for always posting about checking your receipt to see if the AMs from My Offers (Sobeys) had been applied because if had not checked this morning I would be out!

I loaded "My Offers" this morning and then headed out to take my son to school. Stopped into the Sobeys in town and bought 2 heads of iceburg lettuce as I had an offer of buy 2 get 50% off. I needed the two anyway and had a bit of sticker shock at 3.49 each but thought -what the heck, one is free right???-hahahaha. I decided to check my receipt just in case it didnt go through. Sure enough I was charged for both with no discount. I went back in to customer service who really could only give me the My Offers toll free because they have no way of knowing if I loaded My Offers. Anyway, I just called and they were great. Due to the situation, they couldnt give me back $$$ so she gave me 35 airmiles, the equivalent to $3.49.

So, thanks again Ottawamom and all the other Canadian Disers who post about this, probably would not have even looked if you had not been posting about checking your receipts and telling customer service when the offers are missed!

now I have until late November to accumulate roughly 69,000 airmiles to offset the rest of the cruise price

Right now I only have 8716 airmiles.

140-Shocked-Donald-Duck.png

WHAT?? You have to earn 60284 AM in less than 9 month?!?!?! If you can do that you will deserve some sort of prize!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter