Airmiles Armchair Chatter

From what I've read I don't think using your AM on a vacation package are the best use of your miles. They seem to charge a premium for those redemptions. I think you will get better value purchasing tickets through AM and also flights through AM if you have enough. Book your hotel separately with a dining plan (ticketless package) if you want to go that route and you're all set.

For the Safeway and Sobeys load your offers...If u buy more than 1 item do you get that bonus more than once? For example 10 bonus am when I buy 3poweraid. If I buy 6 do I get 20? I know it usually works that way with the flyer bonuses but wasn't sure about the load and go offers.

When I got groceries this week at Sobeys, I noticed that my Spend $100/get 30 miles paper coupon FINALLY went through at the check out. However, I didn't meet the spend limit for my load'n go My Offers coupon this week, so I'm thinking they must not be stackable.

In the past, I've had in-store/flyer AM specials stack with my Sobey's Load & Go. I haven't done anything that would fall into that category recently so things might have changed but it used to work.

For the Safeway and Sobeys load your offers...If u buy more than 1 item do you get that bonus more than once? For example 10 bonus am when I buy 3poweraid. If I buy 6 do I get 20? I know it usually works that way with the flyer bonuses but wasn't sure about the load and go offers.

In my experience with both Sobey's and Rexall loaded offers, it's a one and done. If an offer is buy 2 to get xx airmiles, and you buy 4, you still only get the original offer for 2.

I'm not sure why but I have not had any Load & Go offers in the app for 2 weeks or so! :sad:

Same here. I only get the main Monday-Thursday Load and Go offer, not the personal ones. Husband's account still gets his. I was using mine, now don't get them, he wasn't using his, he still gets them :worried:

Some others have reported being charged $55 for adding hoppers to the discounted tickets but the Canadian discount is still being offered so that may be affecting things. I don't think we'll know the answer to that question until after May 20th for those who aren't planning until visiting until later in the year. I'm going to see if I can upgrade my Airmiles tickets (purchased last summer, not Canadian discount) when I'm there in May. My ideal would be to get the pre Feb 12 value for them and then apply that to a phoned in order for Canadian Discount tickets. I know I won't be able to do this at the ticket windows but I'm hoping maybe GR can work some magic and make it happen. I don't want money back I just want to add hoppers + water parks.

I hope its still the $55 USD as we intend to add hoppers to our discounted tickets. We arrive May 21st, so I'll report back with what we get charged.

The load and go app only shows Rexall for me is this right? I just got the app.
I get an email from Safeway/Sobeys each week that says load offers but where does it load or do I have to print those coupons for Safeway?

My in-store offers stack, it's the little air miles booklet coupons that I can't stack with the online My Offers from Sobeys, for some reason. The CS Rep is really great though and always put them through for me. And it's always the spend $xxx/get xx miles ones that I have the issues with.

Just hit both Sobeys and Metro. Not a lot, but was able to get a couple good offers. At Sobeys, the 75 Miles for 3 frozen novelty was our big hit, at Metro the Activia yogurt was on for $2.99 for an 8-pk and 7 AM if you bought 2. We go through a lot of Yogurt, so I bought 6! Also got some crackers and a few others, so all in all, spent about $230 between the 2 and got 360. Also needed a lot with no AM, so I am considering this success!

We used the little coupon at Sobeys for spend XX, and it didn't show up so I went to Customer Service and they did in manually, stacking it to my loaded spend YY offer. Not sure if it should have been allowed, but they had no problem doing it manually.

I get an email from Safeway/Sobeys each week that says load offers but where does it load or do I have to print those coupons for Safeway?

Yes, right now, Airmiles Load and Go app is only for Rexall. Sobey's sends you and email each week or you can log in through their website. Those offers are Loaded to your AM card so that once you swipe your card at the Sobey's they magically appear on your receipt (or they are supposed to). If they don't appear call the help # on the Sobey's website and they will correct the issue. In store AM issues ask at the CS counter.

I hope its still the $55 USD as we intend to add hoppers to our discounted tickets. We arrive May 21st, so I'll report back with what we get charged.

My understanding is that the $55 is the regular hopper add on cost less the 25% Canadian discount ($75-20). Worst case you may have to pay the $75.

I'm not sure why but I have not had any Load & Go offers in the app for 2 weeks or so! :sad:

I was getting offers regularly but not for the last few weeks. I only ever had Rexall offers but even those are gone now. :(

Same here. I only get the main Monday-Thursday Load and Go offer, not the personal ones. Husband's account still gets his. I was using mine, now don't get them, he wasn't using his, he still gets them :worried:

Here's the Duck trying to be efficient and answer all at once!
We noticed last summer that we were no longer getting our Sobeys/Foodland offers anymore and i fixed it this way: opened up my profile and unclicked the box to get email promotions and then signed out of my account. Signed back in and clicked the radio button again, confirmed and then once again signed out & back in to the account. Within days the offers started up again. Fluke? Perhaps, but it might be worth a try.
upload_2017-3-25_17-59-55.png
When you load "My Offers" for Sobeys/Foodland/Safeway they will be "loaded" onto your card, no coupons to print, and will automatically be applied to your purchase, one shot deal though as others have mentioned. If it doesn't happen right away (we know because the self-scan shows it immediately under the product) we call the cashier over.

Just had a wonderful (albeit, very wet) Saturday! We went to see Beauty & The Beast, in 3D in a VIP theatre for FREE! One ticket covered by Scene points, the other I used some Cash Miles to get an e-voucher .. bought the tickets on-line last night. Orange Float, Poutine & large buttered popcorn for me, and caramel popcorn for hubby covered by an e-voucher i got from doing on-line surveys. Brand spanking new theatre with power recliners, fold-out trays, in seat service -- oh and no-one under 19 because it's licensed popcorn::

On the way home we stopped at Sobeys, bought 6 ice creamy treats, a bunch of other AM products (kicking myself for not bringing the targeted stupid Little Blue Book) paid for 1/2 of it with the last remaining GC from the summer. Spent $70.57 and snagged 173 AM

So the Shell 7X points is up on the AM site for convenience store purchases - which include gift cards. So if you're planning on shopping at Safeway or Sobeys or shoppers or lcbo or best buy, home depot, la senza, cineplex, etc. etc. etc. get the gc's there first for extra points. (I just listed a few of the ones I've bought in the past from our Shell - they have a whole slew of them.) I copied and pasted from the AM site below. Looks like it's for Ontario and West...sorry east coast. Maybe you got something else?

Offer valid from March 27 to June 4, 2017 at participating Shell locations in ON, MB, SK, AB, BC and NT. Get 7x the AIR MILES Reward Miles on your Convenience Retail purchases. No fuel purchase required. Bonus Offer applies to the base Mile offer of 1 Mile for each $10 of in-store purchase (maximum $100) per transaction only. A valid AIR MILES Card must be presented at time of purchase. Maximum of 5 transactions per day. No coupon required. In-store purchase excludes Shell Gift Cards, tobacco products and Service Bay repairs. Shell reserves the right without advance notice to change or discontinue this promotion at any time. Please allow up to 6 weeks post promotion for the Bonus Miles to be awarded to your Collector Account.

We used our 1 AM Cineplex voucher for Beauty and the Beast on Friday, what a great movie, my 16 year old is a huge Belle fan and thought Emma Watson was perfect. I had forgotten how much I loved the original movie.

Thinking of redeeming points for the Universal Tickets, (I am sure the answer is hear but I can't find it and did try to search)is there an expiry dates on the tickets? Would be using them next March Break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter