Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Quick question for my AM buddies...we are about to make a fairly large purchase at Lowes (approx $1600) and I wondering if there is a way to maximize the Air Miles we can get. I know I can go through AirMiles shops online but we are buying in store so that doesnt work. Are there any coupons, loop holes, ways to order that any of you can suggest? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
Any chance you can find whatever it is at Rona?
upload_2017-3-21_13-37-8.png
You can go to this page and *try* to print the coupon needed
https://www.rona.ca/en/rona-tuesdays
but it won't work for me-- here's what you'll see on that page
upload_2017-3-21_13-44-56.png

I haven't looked at the Rexall flyer yet but this may be the offer @Donald - my hero posted about last week. It didn't end up happening this past week so this offer on this weekend may be it.

Edit to add:

Found my paper flyer as its not online yet! It looks like this one requires you to purchase $50 worth of goods, you get a $10 Rexall gift card and if you use 285 cash AM towards this purchase you get another 100AM (posted within 8 weeks).

If you have cash AM to use I think its a win-win. The $10 gift card will have a use by date on it but its worth the equivalent of 100AM plus you get the additional 100AM if you use up some of your cash AM.

Last edited:

I haven't looked at the Rexall flyer yet but this may be the offer @Donald - my hero posted about last week. It didn't end up happening this past week so this offer on this weekend may be it.

Edit to add:

Found my paper flyer as its not online yet! It looks like this one requires you to purchase $50 worth of goods, you get a $10 Rexall gift card and if you use 285 cash AM towards this purchase you get another 100AM (posted within 8 weeks).

If you have cash AM to use I think its a win-win. The $10 gift card will have a use by date on it but its worth the equivalent of 100AM plus you get the additional 100AM if you use up some of your cash AM.
OMG that's very confusing to the Duck! So how much do i need to spend on which day?? And 285 Cash miles is worth what????

Ok i found the flyer and i *think* I'm understanding .. I need to "buy" 50.00 worth of product ... and use 285 Cash miles (which equals 30.00?) Oh the head is spinning, had a trip planned for tomorrow and now i can't decide if i should wait o_O

No big offers for Sobeys this week for me. I will be lucky to get 75 miles.

I should have a really good PC Plus haul this week, and I have to get on my Lawtons $95/95 offer, which ends on the 30th.

Edit to add:

Thanks for posting. Glad I didn't shop last weekend. I am definitely getting this deal this weekend. Can I use the survey $5 coupon on this purchase?

I just logged onto airmiles and saw something about them disabling Cash miles due to fraudulent usage. Can someone else confirm this and I wasn't just seeing things. If this is the case there is no way we can do the Rexall deal this weekend. In which case I'll just double dip today.

WOW-interesting Ottawamom. Thanks for posting. I dont usually use Cash Miles but I wonder whats up with this...

Well that is going to make this weekend's decision easy!

I can confirm that I have the airmiles message too. Not surprised, there are more people with high cash balances since STB.

Thanks for posting. Glad I didn't shop last weekend. I am definitely getting this deal this weekend. Can I use the survey $5 coupon on this purchase?

My guess is that it will depend on your store.

The survey coupon says not to be combined with any other Rexall offer, I have one store that I'm sure will not take it unless the survey coupon scans, when it doesn't scan they say it's because of combining offers (standard answer from manager/owner). Most of the time I'm finding it's not scanning.

If you give it a try, I would love to know your experience.

So after way too much thought about this lol, if the am cashback is working again tomorrow I'm going to give the Rexall promo a try. I would prefer to shop today, however there really isn't $40 worth of sale items that I need so I'd be overspending.

So my plan is to spend $50 tomorrow, use $10 in manufacturer coupons and the $5 survey, $30 in ams and pay $5 plus taxes. Maybe they will give me the $10 gc, more likely not, but at least I'll know for next time.

I really dislike gc minimum spend promos, so much is at the store's discretion. It seems that if I want a guarantee on receiving the gc, I'd need to spend $60, still use $10 manufacturer coupons, not use survey coupon (combining offers), use $30 in am and pay $20. So for $20 oop receive 100am, $10gc and $60 in product. Option above is spend $5 oop, receive 100am and $50 in product.

I suppose I could also spend $45, pay $0 oop (plus taxes), receive 100am and $45 in product. Hmmm, but then I won't know whether they would have given the giftcard.

I think I'll check the load and go offers tomorrow first lol.

I have the message from airmiles too. Darn because was thinking about doing the rexall offer - I wonder if they will extend it since no one will be able to take advantage of it?

We like the drumstick offer at Sobey's so will pick those up - just have to re-arrange the freezer to get the boxes in. :)

We've also been doing the Shell costa coffee plus cookie for 10 bonus airmiles.

Has anyone heard anything further about the STB miles counting towards onyx this year?

Love this thread. Anyone else shop at the Sobey's in Aurora?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter