Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I'm so bummed, I was all ready to hit up Blue Friday at Safeway tonight, and DH came down with the flu :(. So I'm stuck at home with the kids. I had made my list and everything, was looking like over 500 Airmiles! Oh well, I'm probably done with chasing Airmiles for a while now - I won't have enough miles for my second DL park hopper ticket since the promo ends on Tuesday. Plus, I'm still trying to get the park ticket they owe me (sent me an expired one, had me send it back, tracking shows they've received it but no new ticket sent out or miles credited). Such a pain!

At Safeway, if the deal is, say "buy 2 get 50 Airmiles", if you buy 4, will you get 100 airmiles? Thinking of buying a lot of frozen pizza if so....

No - I've gotten burned by this before. You're better off having the cashier ringing up separate transactions for the pizzas. A pain in the butt, but better safe than sorry, imo.

View attachment 222081

OMG, seriously, someone shoot me now! I finally broke down and called AM to try and chase down the stupid STB miles that they owe me... that is 29 minutes of my life i will never get back. First got lost in the loop of automated answer stupidity and once someone finally picked up they put me on hold because "i don't know anything about that promotion" Good grief, eventually got a young woman who was no help AT ALL so obvious she was following a set protocol and i didn't fit in any of her boxes... wanted me to pull up my transactions -- told her i was already looking at it as she proceeded to point out all the miles that had been posted --- URGH,
ME: yes, they posted but I didn't get the extra cash miles
HER: you needed to set your ratio to cash
ME: No, i'm sorry they were to be given strictly as Cash miles ...
On & on in a continual circle with multiple times on hold as i explained how the promotion worked ...
HER: Please call back at the end of March I've added a note to your account so it will be tracked down by then I'm sure
ME: There should already be 2 notes of this via the chat I've done, can you see those?
HER: No, i don't see any indication that you've contacted us ....

Long story short? She didn't have a clue what i was asking for, knew nothing about the promotion, wasn't able to answer why the number of miles posted to my ONYX are incorrect (easy to see those since we were away most of January and I've been sick since we got home, so only 9 transactions) wouldn't pass me on to someone who did understand the problem and I'm now supposed to wait till the end of March before i call back.

We'll be hitting up Metro to buy a bunch of yogurt on Sunday but my heart just isn't in the hunt right now. Maybe i need to have another goal to reach for :scratchin

Sometimes I wonder how people got their jobs...I am sorry you are having such difficulty getting the STB miles that you earned....your conversation sounds like mine recently with Bell. They increased my internet cost without notification and then tried to make excuses that I must have missed it on my bill, not read the email or thrown out the mailing (none of the above) and when I was transferred to the loyalty department, got the rudest agent - in the loyalty department? The best she could offer me was $2 off a month...they raised it $5 and she was offering me a $2 discount. Filed an online complaint and received a call from a supervisor...who advised that Bell did not notify customers and she offered me a $24 month discount for a year because of my loyalty. It is just so frustrating some days trying to get errors corrected that company's make that they won't admit to.

Sometimes I wonder how people got their jobs...I am sorry you are having such difficulty getting the STB miles that you earned....your conversation sounds like mine recently with Bell. They increased my internet cost without notification and then tried to make excuses that I must have missed it on my bill, not read the email or thrown out the mailing (none of the above) and when I was transferred to the loyalty department, got the rudest agent - in the loyalty department? The best she could offer me was $2 off a month...they raised it $5 and she was offering me a $2 discount. Filed an online complaint and received a call from a supervisor...who advised that Bell did not notify customers and she offered me a $24 month discount for a year because of my loyalty. It is just so frustrating some days trying to get errors corrected that company's make that they won't admit to.
I left Bell for that very reason. In customer service they are the top of the worst! I finally pulled the plug and left them, never looking back. They still call me to find out how they can get our business back and send mailed offers to us every other month. We will never go back to Bell. Lots of other good options out there.
A side note. I called Shaw Direct, who we have our TV with now and asked how we could lower our monthly bill. They put me through to the loyalty department who gave us a $25 discount for 12 months, no questions asked, and every person I came into contact with was sooooo nice. What a difference between the two companies.

I left Bell for that very reason. In customer service they are the top of the worst! I finally pulled the plug and left them, never looking back. They still call me to find out how they can get our business back and send mailed offers to us every other month. We will never go back to Bell. Lots of other good options out there.
A side note. I called Shaw Direct, who we have our TV with now and asked how we could lower our monthly bill. They put me through to the loyalty department who gave us a $25 discount for 12 months, no questions asked, and every person I came into contact with was sooooo nice. What a difference between the two companies.
I stay with Telus for the exact opposite reason. Their customer service has been so outstanding on so many occasions that I don't leave, even though they are expensive. I hate the run around you guys are explaining and saving a few bucks isnt worth it to me to go through that anymore.
Airmiles customer service didn't used to be so awful. I wonder what happened? The last few times i've called have been a complete circus.

Your comments were very timely. Went to visit the in-laws today and MIL was going on about their Bell bill increase. I remembered your comments when I read them earlier today so I was able to share your story with them. FIL is going to call on Monday and see what he can do. Thanks for sharing!

Your comments were very timely. Went to visit the in-laws today and MIL was going on about their Bell bill increase. I remembered your comments when I read them earlier today so I was able to share your story with them. FIL is going to call on Monday and see what he can do. Thanks for sharing!

I guess Bell was figuring people wouldn't notice the increase. Please tell your FIL to request to speak to the loyalty department and if he does not receive satisfaction there is an online escalate complaint form online. I completed this form and detailed everything. I received a call from a supervisor within 48 hours.

This is the only time I have had an issue with Bell that when I talked to the loyalty department was not resolved to my satisfaction. It was just frustrating talking to the agent I had on the phone.

I'm so bummed, I was all ready to hit up Blue Friday at Safeway tonight, and DH came down with the flu :(. So I'm stuck at home with the kids. I had made my list and everything, was looking like over 500 Airmiles! Oh well, I'm probably done with chasing Airmiles for a while now - I won't have enough miles for my second DL park hopper ticket since the promo ends on Tuesday. Plus, I'm still trying to get the park ticket they owe me (sent me an expired one, had me send it back, tracking shows they've received it but no new ticket sent out or miles credited). Such a pain!
That was me the last Blue Friday - spent at Emerg with my son and I kept thinking of all the AM I was missing out on.(nice mother! lol)
I managed to get 465 this time spending $114. Could have gotten a lot more but I refuse to over pay on something just for the AM. Like 24 pop for 9.99? No thanks!

Just checked my Total for the year. 1900 STB still not being counted towards Gold/Onyx status. I will call and enquire again tomorrow.

(As a side note spell check didn't like my use of enquire it thought it should be inquire. So I looked up the difference. Enquire was my correct choice here.) for all the teachers out there :)

Talked to my daughter on the weekend (she and her hubby are coming on the 2018 trip with us), her hubby went shopping on Blue Friday and got an additional 538 Airmiles, so looks like as soon as those Airmiles post, I'll have enough for Universal pass #2! So, the goal now is one more Universal pass and one "regular" 5 day WDW pass! If we can get enough Universal passes for everyone by December, it would be amazing, but just three will be good too!

Ok. I need your help. I need to purchase something from Rexall today. Last week I downloaded the Air Miles Load and Go app. So in the Load and Go App, I have a coupon that says spend $50 and get 100 air Miles. Does that just happen automatically like with my Sobeys loaded offers, or do I have to show them something on the app/ phone? Also, I got the Rexall email that says spend $50 and get 80 airmiles. Can I use that coupon at the same time or can it only be one of the two offers? I know you have talked about this previously, but I didn't really follow it because I didn't have the Load and Go app and I rarely shop at Rexall. Hope you can answer in the next hour or so...Thanks.

Ok. I need your help. I need to purchase something from Rexall today. Last week I downloaded the Air Miles Load and Go app. So in the Load and Go App, I have a coupon that says spend $50 and get 100 air Miles. Does that just happen automatically like with my Sobeys loaded offers, or do I have to show them something on the app/ phone? Also, I got the Rexall email that says spend $50 and get 80 airmiles. Can I use that coupon at the same time or can it only be one of the two offers? I know you have talked about this previously, but I didn't really follow it because I didn't have the Load and Go app and I rarely shop at Rexall. Hope you can answer in the next hour or so...Thanks.

Yes the Load and Go works like Sobey's it should automatically appear on your receipt once you have loaded the offer and purchased the goods in question. Last week I was able to use the email coupon and the load and go bonus magically appeared as well on my receipt. Both posted to my account. So using your example I would have spent $50 got 180AM total (plus any other bonuses on products picked up). It seems to work for now so take advantage of it while you can.

Feb 27 - Mar 2 spend $50, get 80AM coupon

Even though it says that it cannot be combined with a L&G offer, I've still printed it and will try it tomorrow. It worked for me last time so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Just got back from Rexall. I spent $78, got 187 Airmiles. I always print off the emailed coupon and give it to the clerk. Not once have I been told I can't use it - not like they'd know what's on my L&G app anyhow. =)

Just got back from Rexall. I spent $78, got 187 Airmiles. I always print off the emailed coupon and give it to the clerk. Not once have I been told I can't use it - not like they'd know what's on my L&G app anyhow. =)

I'm just worried that the paper coupon will negate the load and go offer which is a better offer and I'll be left with 80 airmiles and not 100.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter