Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Interesting. I was just looking at the airmiles site (because I have 3000 AM right now so am wondering how many more I need) and it was 3350 for a 3-day ticket, 3550 for 5-day. I am only Gold though, perhaps you have Onyx or something? Or they raised the cost again. 7-day is 3775 (these are for adults). The kids were 3125, 3325 & 3550. Either way I need to keep earning lol.

Quick question... how many airmiles were necessary to get a 5-day or 7-day pass for WDW just before the current 25% promotion? The last time I ordered tickets from Airmiles was before the last increase (5-day adult ticket was 2500 airmiles in 2014 and 2015). Thanks!

This was from page 5 :) This was early January last year.

This was from page 5 :) This was early January last year.

Thank you! That was a big jump on airmiles: from 2500 in January 2015 for a Adult 5 days to 3550 in January 2016! I have enough to by 3x 5 days or 7 days... Now to decide which one to order!

Monday morning update. The 1900 cash AM still have not shown as counting towards by "Status" for the year. I called last week they said it would be done but we've got a long weekend this weekend in Ontario so they may not have gotten around to reprogramming the update yet. (I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this week).
Does anyone else want to give them a call and see what they have to say? I'll call again next week I just don't want to call again too soon such that they put a flag on my name.

I reported as well, and the attendant first told me that they would not count. Then I copied and pasted right from the website saying that they would count. She mentioned that it does look like it should. I was told she was sending it up the chain to get looked at. LOL. I said I would keep an eye on my points, they have not updated yet.

I reported as well, and the attendant first told me that they would not count. Then I copied and pasted right from the website saying that they would count. She mentioned that it does look like it should. I was told she was sending it up the chain to get looked at. LOL. I said I would keep an eye on my points, they have not updated yet.

Can you post the link here or even a screen shot of the text?

shhhh! Don't tell anyone. I was able to use the email coupon, loaded coupon and the spend $30 get 50AM from the bottom of the receipt all in one transaction. Spent $42 got 172AM. I wasn't certain it would allow the 3rd coupon but it did.

Shhhhh I'm not telling......you rock girl!
Hugs Mel

OMG!! Bring on the yogurt!! That's my favourite brand --- IF and that's a very large if, our Metro has it in stock again this week. I'm terrible at getting any milk products in and discovered one variety of the Okios i almost even enjoy :P They had it on the same deal before we went away and our fridge was stuffed!

Thanks for the heads up Mel :D
@ottawamom I'm in awe of your success with the coupons, way to work the system!!!

Does anyone know which types of miles go towards onyx status? I have collected close to 2,000 airmiles this year and only 126 are going towards my onyz status. I don't remember it being so difficult to collect miles. Reading the thread it looks like I need to contact Airmiles to get all my stb miles counted towards onyz.

@ottawamom I'm in awe of your success with the coupons, way to work the system!!!

Not certain it will continue to work but I'll keep trying until they stop me.

Does anyone know which types of miles go towards onyx status? I have collected close to 2,000 airmiles this year and only 126 are going towards my onyz status. I don't remember it being so difficult to collect miles. Reading the thread it looks like I need to contact Airmiles to get all my stb miles counted towards onyz.

The STB miles should be counting towards your total for the year. Mort and I both called last week to question them about this. I was told they would count and would soon be added to the total. I'm giving them until next week to correct the error in programming before I call again. By all mean call and question them. The more of us who do perhaps they'll get their act in gear. Morts post # 3547 further up the page has the link which shows they should be included.

I just got off the phone again with AM. I was questioning why only 28AM were showing up towards my status this year..LOL I know I have more than that not including the STB. The staff said he can see my statement and it shows that I have close to 3000 that should be counted. And to just give it time and trust us..After I stopped laughing I mentioned that I tried last week, and showing that on their own website that updates are every Sunday. That over one month ago on one day I had over 300AM that should be counting. No help, just that yes they will be counted. Now I am just letting it set until after March break to see if updates are in by then.
Side note, hope they extend the ticket discount till May like Disney has.

The STB miles should be counting towards your total for the year. Mort and I both called last week to question them about this. I was told they would count and would soon be added to the total. I'm giving them until next week to correct the error in programming before I call again. By all mean call and question them. The more of us who do perhaps they'll get their act in gear. Morts post # 3547 further up the page has the link which shows they should be included.

Glad to hear this but what a pain. There system seems to be really messed up at the moment.

I just got off the phone again with AM. I was questioning why only 28AM were showing up towards my status this year..LOL I know I have more than that not including the STB. The staff said he can see my statement and it shows that I have close to 3000 that should be counted. And to just give it time and trust us..After I stopped laughing I mentioned that I tried last week, and showing that on their own website that updates are every Sunday. That over one month ago on one day I had over 300AM that should be counting. No help, just that yes they will be counted. Now I am just letting it set until after March break to see if updates are in by then.
Side note, hope they extend the ticket discount till May like Disney has.

I am having this same issue as well. Only 126 miles are going towards my onyx status and I have earn't about 2,000 miles already this year. They don't make it clear which miles count towards Onyx.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter