Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Okay - I need someone to break something down real simple for me - can someone explain why all the purchases of GC at Shell? Is there a special deal on them?
Thank you for helping out the rookie!
Kristine :cutie:

Stop the presses - is this at the Thrifty's in BC??

At the Thrifty Foods Liquor stores in BC!!! I was on Salt Spring Island this weekend and hit the liquor store in Ganges and there were Airmiles signs everywhere! When we got home yesterday I popped into the Thrifty Foods Liquor store at Tuscany Village (in Victoria) and grabbed 100AM for spending $100...like that is hard to do, lol!

It seems as though there are locations in:
Coquitlam
Courtenay
Dawson Creek
Fort St. John
Kelowna
Mill Bay
Saanich (Victoria area)
Salt Spring Island

Thrifty Foods Liquor

Okay - I need someone to break something down real simple for me - can someone explain why all the purchases of GC at Shell? Is there a special deal on them?
Thank you for helping out the rookie!
Kristine :cutie:
Until June 4th you will get 7X the Airmiles on any in-store purchases at Shell and that includes Gift cards. There have been some reports of certain cards being excluded but it doesn't hurt to ask!

Terms & conditions:

* Offer valid from March 27 to June 4, 2017 at participating Shell locations in ON, MB, SK, AB, BC and NT. Get 7x the AIR MILES Reward Miles on your Convenience Retail purchases. No fuel purchase required. Bonus Offer applies to the base Mile offer of 1 Mile for each $10 of in-store purchase (maximum $100) per transaction only. A valid AIR MILES Card must be presented at time of purchase. Maximum of 5 transactions per day. No coupon required. In-store purchase excludes Shell Gift Cards, tobacco products and Service Bay repairs. Shell reserves the right without advance notice to change or discontinue this promotion at any time. Please allow up to 6 weeks post promotion for the Bonus Miles to be awarded to your Collector Account.

At the Thrifty Foods Liquor stores in BC!!! I was on Salt Spring Island this weekend and hit the liquor store in Ganges and there were Airmiles signs everywhere! When we got home yesterday I popped into the Thrifty Foods Liquor store at Tuscany Village (in Victoria) and grabbed 100AM for spending $100...like that is hard to do, lol!

It seems as though there are locations in:
Coquitlam
Courtenay
Dawson Creek
Fort St. John
Kelowna
Mill Bay
Saanich (Victoria area)
Salt Spring Island

Thrifty Foods Liquor

Awesome - thanks for this!! Maybe it will make its way to Nanaimo or Duncan soon :D

For those in Ottawa, my local Sobeys had a General Mills promotion on for Cheerios (and a few others) to buy 10 and get 150AM. My kids eat them every morning, so I stocked up and am now seeing if I may be able to squeeze in another ticket before AM runs out of stock. Between that and a few other good offers (St Hubert soup, buy 3 at $2.49, get 25 AM) I got one of my best hauls: spent $98, got 276 AM. Now to see how soon they post and how long GCs stay in stock at AM!

On a related note, now debating a special mommy daughter trip this fall to see Christmas decorations at WDW. Seeing if we can do a quick 5 day getaway, stay value and use these tickets, would be practically free! :)

For those in Ottawa, my local Sobeys had a General Mills promotion on for Cheerios (and a few others) to buy 10 and get 150AM.

Sobeys Atlantic had a similar deal as well - spend $40, get 150 miles.

Stocked up the pantry on Nature's Valley bars, and the new Cinnamon Toast Crunch Treat bars - OMG, DH cursed me for introducing these to him! They are almost like a skor bar. And only 90 calories! I asked him if I could go back today to get $40 worth and 150 miles - he said his waistline is telling him NO! lol

I'm definitely going to have to take my time shopping this week and walk the aisles. Looks like I missed out on some good deals. I just ran in last week and picked up what was on my list.

Sobeys Atlantic had a similar deal as well - spend $40, get 150 miles.

Stocked up the pantry on Nature's Valley bars, and the new Cinnamon Toast Crunch Treat bars - OMG, DH cursed me for introducing these to him! They are almost like a skor bar. And only 90 calories! I asked him if I could go back today to get $40 worth and 150 miles - he said his waistline is telling him NO! lol

Yes, I am debating going back again today, I think if I do another set of 150, and a couple of other little things, I will have enough for the ticket. I think I skipped over the granola bar aisle, so I will take a look when I go back (who knows, maybe there is something here this week too?).

And I forgot to mention what I think was the most impressive part of this: I had my 2 year old with me!! Yes, I was that parent who opened the bag of cookies to keep the child quiet while shopping. But the Pepperidge farms ones had extra AM too :)

I have a question for any of you that have purchases the Mega Mile items at LCBO in person.

I was going to buy the wine that has been up for most of the month because it was in stock in my Milton store. Now it is gone from the Mega Miles coupon page and another has replaced it. The new one is described as a Pinot Noir but when I click on it to see if there is stock it comes up on the LCBO site as "Ghost Pines" merlot! I see there is stock of both wines in the store I was going to-how do I know if I am buying the right wine? Any thoughts from my AM homies?

Thanks once again to @Donald - my hero for suggesting the Air Miles shops and Indigo free shipping combo. I have been planning to buy a little inexpensive book for my niece and have not gotten around to it. It is only in stock online so the free shipping and 3X airmiles came in handy. Thanks J

I have a question for any of you that have purchases the Mega Mile items at LCBO in person.

I was going to buy the wine that has been up for most of the month because it was in stock in my Milton store. Now it is gone from the Mega Miles coupon page and another has replaced it. The new one is described as a Pinot Noir but when I click on it to see if there is stock it comes up on the LCBO site as "Ghost Pines" merlot! I see there is stock of both wines in the store I was going to-how do I know if I am buying the right wine? Any thoughts from my AM homies?
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/aquinas-pinot-noir-napa-valley/277657#.WSWakFRE2hA
I think the Mega Miles link misdirects you. The coupon says it is for product 277657, which is the one in the link I added with the proper name.
LCBO.ca show 11 available at:
1025 BRONTE STREET SOUTH
905-636-7691

Related but not really to AM collecting AND the MM promotion :
Indigo currently has free shipping -- no minimum purchase until May 25th ...AND 3X the miles

this is sort of an aside, but if you live near a chapters you can always have an order shipped to the store. no fees, no minimum $ required, and you still earn AM if you order through airmilesshops

this is sort of an aside, but if you live near a chapters you can always have an order shipped to the store. no fees, no minimum $ required, and you still earn AM if you order through airmilesshops

Thanks for the info....I rarely have enough for free shipping...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter