Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I just got an email that one of the items that I had ordered from well.ca is not in stock. Therefore, my order is less than $50. Great that I got a coupon to help on another order (I won't have one in the near future) Crappy that there goes a shop for the Christmas in July promotion. That $16 out of stock item cost me 250 AM. :sad:

I just got an email that one of the items that I had ordered from well.ca is not in stock. Therefore, my order is less than $50. Great that I got a coupon to help on another order (I won't have one in the near future) Crappy that there goes a shop for the Christmas in July promotion. That $16 out of stock item cost me 250 AM. :sad:

Hi Hon
Can you cancel the order?
So sorry this happened to you.
Hugs
Mel

I ordered Amazon yesterday for the Christmas in July promo. Order was split into two deliveries but the same day (fulfilled by Amazon but likely coming from Vancouver and Toronto warehouses) so I'll likely be joining the group chasing airmiles. Paid by gift card so still one transaction but last time it didn't go through properly.

I guess we should get there closer to 3 PM then. Thank you. I double-checked my FP+ notes and had written down 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, 5:30 - 6. I thought that's how it worked but I have no experience making FP+ reservations. Last time I went, it was still paper tickets. I'm hoping I can figure it out on my 30 days date!
Those times you have are sort of right and sort of wrong. The FP+ system will allow you to book a 3:30-4:30, then a 4:30-5:30 but then when you try to get the 5:30-6:30 it will show an error on the first one. It can also happen in reverse is you start with a 3:45 and try to end with a 5:45. For some reason the system doesn't recognize that it's a party ticket until you get to the last one....maybe it's not the ticket but just that it's party night and the park is closing early. Getting the exact times is much more the issue especially since you said you aren't booking until 30 days out. You are more likely to fall into the category of limited/no FP+ and only have undesirable options. Now all that said....that is what happened last year, this year could be different and no one will know until that 60 day mark when people start making ressies for the first party.

Working the FP+ system takes a bit of trial and error but once you get the hang of it it's easy. One thing I now hate is the on the fly FP+ through the app. I spend more than enough time on my phone and I don't want to miss out on soaking in the atmosphere in the parks because I'm working the app.

I totally agree. I make FP before we go and we try to work theses into our plans. I will try for another after the first three are done but the last thing I want to be doing is looking at my phone. I could do that at home, and I don't, so why do it at Disney. Once we have our main three rides done we tend to free wheel the rest of the day.

I totally agree. I make FP before we go and we try to work theses into our plans. I will try for another after the first three are done but the last thing I want to be doing is looking at my phone. I could do that at home, and I don't, so why do it at Disney. Once we have our main three rides done we tend to free wheel the rest of the day.
The problem now has become that as a result of FP+ the crowds are very evenly dispersed. This makes all the lines long. So without continuing to get additional FP+ you can't do much. There isn't even a true low season anymore. I think going forward we are going to see FP+ for purchase.

The problem now has become that as a result of FP+ the crowds are very evenly dispersed. This makes all the lines long. So without continuing to get additional FP+ you can't do much. There isn't even a true low season anymore. I think going forward we are going to see FP+ for purchase.

totally agree. it’s already happening for club level stays.

Agree as well. The current FP+ is in my opinion a digital form of the original ticket booklets. I remember my brothers and I heading with my Dad's money to buy more tickets at the ticket booth in Fantasyland after we emptied our ticket booklet. That was 1970s. You can buy fastpasses at Universal, I can't imagine Disney isn't going to add more ways to make money. I think when the average attendee doesn't think Disney is worth the money, they will stop increasing prices. Just my opinion.

SHhh bite your tongue... I love the Maxpass in DL, but I do not think it would work at WDW. And I hope not. They just bumped it to $15per person there. The other thing is if a ride goes down you get an anywhere anytime FP and then the lines in the other big attractions are longer than the standby. Could you imagine a 2 hour FOP FP. ouch.

Agree as well. The current FP+ is in my opinion a digital form of the original ticket booklets. I remember my brothers and I heading with my Dad's money to buy more tickets at the ticket booth in Fantasyland after we emptied our ticket booklet. That was 1970s. You can buy fastpasses at Universal, I can't imagine Disney isn't going to add more ways to make money. I think when the average attendee doesn't think Disney is worth the money, they will stop increasing prices. Just my opinion.

View attachment 418275
I also remember those tickets. The first time we went was in 1975 or 76. I was little but I remember a lot from that trip.....like stepping off of a curb on daily basis and falling down. I had scabs on top of scabs.

There never seems to be a shortage of visitors...the numbers climb constantly, so I doubt there will ever be a time when they stop raising prices.

I also remember those tickets. The first time we went was in 1975 or 76. I was little but I remember a lot from that trip.....like stepping off of a curb on daily basis and falling down. I had scabs on top of scabs.

There never seems to be a shortage of visitors...the numbers climb constantly, so I doubt there will ever be a time when they stop raising prices.
Totally agree. I don’t like the constant rising prices and feeling like our income doesn’t keep up , but it’s not ever going to stop so I might as well get used to it .

Rexall Flyer Deal
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10068/1322786Spend 50.00 get 100 Airmiles
Friday July -19 to Sunday July 21
Hugs
Mel
Awe crap, this is the first time in YEARS that I've missed flyer day updates 😱 My body has thrown me a massive curve ball, I'm having trouble dealing with it and it has taken away my ability to think clearly! Sorry gang, I'll get on it later today.

Regarding the tickets -- first time i went was in 1971. There have been a ton of changes over the years: no park admission, just those tickets and that is where the phrase "E-ticket nights" came from -- the precursor to Early Morning and then Late night hours which morphed into simply the extra hours resort guest get being referred to as EMH -- the only rides open were the ones that required a level E ticket, the most desirable, the one that those booklets had maybe 2? Also the monorail and resort ferries were only open to resort guests and you had to show a special card to ride them! When they moved to "length of stay" passes that included EVERY ride & attraction it was a game changer for the way we toured MK (only park open at that point!) WHOA, I'm really old to remember all of that! Side note this happened today, it's getting real now,

O/T Off Topic sort of,,could be Rexall/Shoppers related.
What is your favorite thing to get in a Christmas stocking?
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Well I am trying to make up a list of things to fill my Christmas boxes with,,
so far
scented bath salts (mint)
mini Mickey cotton swab tins
toothbrushes on sale for 99 cents
mini travel shampoo and conditioners
travel Advil/Tylenol
lint rollers
Mesh body sponges 2 for $3.00
nail clippers--manicure sets
Nivea and Burt's Bees lip balm 20% off
I have found they seem to like gift cards a lot.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
For people who travel.

Individual Tide packets. So you can spot clean the BBQ sauce off your white shorts.
Hand sanitizer
Packets of face wipes for removing makeup/sweat
Packets of wipes for the plane to de-germ things
Small packets of Kleenex tissues.
An inexpensive flashlight (for emergency in hotel room, or at home)

I'll think of more given a chance.

Does Lowes ever have free delivery on appliances. I need a new freezer but don't want to pay the $80 to have it delivered. I can afford to wait for a special offer to come up.

Edit to add: Just looked at their flyer. As it turns out there is free delivery on major appliance this weekend.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter