Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Hi Pumpkin
:moped:
I decided to not go on the ride because someone told me it has a HUGE drop :scared1:but,,, I just watched the YouTube video and I didn't see one.:dogdance: We are going to Florida next Jan and I would prefer to go back to Universal rather than Disney. I think the ride looks awesome. I just need to see if I can swing some passes with airmiles.
The Royal Pacific resort is just an awesome ,relaxing place to stay,,,but my pocket book says you need to save save------ save ...lol
Hugs to you
Mel
Just double checking you didn't see any big drops on this ride did you?

View attachment 409249
I'll be there for a week in October so I'll let you know what happens. You can count on me, lol.
I think I need to look at the video you watched, I don't like 'rollercoasters' as such but this sound like a low profile coaster so I'm willing to give it a try.

Further update to the online ordering at Staples ... i had yet ANOTHER posting today! Now my account has 3 postings and there were NO multipliers when i shopped so it looks like we will be getting a LOT more shopping this way. Guess who will be doing all her Staples shopping this way now? They also have next day shipping or in store pickup so this is a game changer for us!
1 mile per $20 from the online portal
1 mile per $40 from Staples (their regular earning rate)
AND 1 mile per $40 from Staples delivery (new thing i guess?!?)

Hey AM gurus-I thought the Airmiles site had discounts on City Pass products but I cannot seem to find them. Am I incorrect?

Hi Hon
I asked on Airmiles Live CHAT

Thanks for contacting AIR MILES. A representative will be with you shortly.10:18 AM
NITU Connected10:19 AM

NITUGood day and Welcome to Live chat, how may I assist you please?10:19 AM
MELANIE Hello Can you tell me where to find Toronto CityPass on the web site?
Or is this no longer a Airmiles reward/perk
10:20 AM

NITUhi, I will help double check for you but they might be under Entertainment section?
or they could be removed, let me go check first
Thanks for waiting, be right back, I just have to log on line to verify now
10:21 AM

NITUHi, I went through Events and Attractions and Parks and I dont see them either. they seem to be gone for a long while, never been back10:23 AM

Sorry Hon,,looks like they have dropped them.
Hugs
Mel

Hi Pumpkin
:moped:
I decided to not go on the ride because someone told me it has a HUGE drop :scared1:but,,, I just watched the YouTube video and I didn't see one.:dogdance: We are going to Florida next Jan and I would prefer to go back to Universal rather than Disney. I think the ride looks awesome. I just need to see if I can swing some passes with airmiles.
The Royal Pacific resort is just an awesome ,relaxing place to stay,,,but my pocket book says you need to save save------ save ...lol
Hugs to you
Mel

View attachment 409249
There is a drop. It's after you go backwards into the cave? You can't see it very well on any of the youtube videos but it is there. If you listen closely when the video goes black you'll hear a few screams as the drop happens. After the drop the ride then goes forward on another track.

I watched a simulation video of the ride before it opened where the drop is obvious. Here's a description I found on a website describing the ride.

"The new Harry Potter ride, the longest in Florida at nearly a mile long, will travel in multiple directions (ahem, backwards). It will also be the first coaster in the US to have a free-fall drop! And, in a twist, the experience will be different whether you’re riding on Hagrid’s motorbike or in the side car."

There is a drop. It's after you go backwards into the cave? You can't see it very well on any of the youtube videos but it is there. If you listen closely when the video goes black you'll hear a few screams as the drop happens. After the drop the ride then goes forward on another track.

I watched a simulation video of the ride before it opened where the drop is obvious. Here's a description I found on a website describing the ride.

"The new Harry Potter ride, the longest in Florida at nearly a mile long, will travel in multiple directions (ahem, backwards). It will also be the first coaster in the US to have a free-fall drop! And, in a twist, the experience will be different whether you’re riding on Hagrid’s motorbike or in the side car."

Ok then
I may be the official coffee/water/ popcorn holder and admire it from afar. Tower of Terror turned me green and had me throwing up----never want to have that happen in a Theme Park again.
Although for some reason my sons thought it was the Highlight of the trip!!
lol
Hugs
Mel

You may find that it's OK though as it's only one drop and then you're done. Tower of Terror was up and down and up and down.

I was concerned about Forbidden Journey after reading reviews (motion sickness etc) but DS convinced me to do it and it was one of the best rides I've ever done.

Hi Hon
I asked on Airmiles Live CHAT

Thanks for contacting AIR MILES. A representative will be with you shortly.10:18 AM
NITU Connected10:19 AM

NITUGood day and Welcome to Live chat, how may I assist you please?10:19 AM
MELANIE Hello Can you tell me where to find Toronto CityPass on the web site?
Or is this no longer a Airmiles reward/perk
10:20 AM

NITUhi, I will help double check for you but they might be under Entertainment section?
or they could be removed, let me go check first
Thanks for waiting, be right back, I just have to log on line to verify now
10:21 AM

NITUHi, I went through Events and Attractions and Parks and I dont see them either. they seem to be gone for a long while, never been back10:23 AM

Sorry Hon,,looks like they have dropped them.
Hugs
Mel

Oh Mel, that was so kind of you. I was running out the door as I asked, hoping I might be able to save a bit on them but I gave up. It is nice to know that I didnt waste any more time searching. Thanks for asking on my behalf!

Rexall Game Changer for me..................................
Page with locations that sell M&M's products (mine isn't listed but still sells them)
https://www.rexall.ca/mmfoodmarketHeaded out to my least favorite Rexall(actually closer) because they had the bounce unscented I was looking for. Regular Rexall was out of stock. (I bought a years supply).
So in I go and to my surprise my fav cashier is now working at the least fav store. AND guess what it's a BIG Rexall and they sell M&M products,,lots of them.They have now become my favorite Rexall.
easy 2 $50.00 shops for me. 200 Airmiles

Hugs
Mel

Rexall Game Changer for me..................................
Page with locations that sell M&M's products (mine isn't listed but still sells them)
https://www.rexall.ca/mmfoodmarketHeaded out to my least favorite Rexall(actually closer) because they had the bounce unscented I was looking for. Regular Rexall was out of stock. (I bought a years supply).
So in I go and to my surprise my fav cashier is now working at the least fav store. AND guess what it's a BIG Rexall and they sell M&M products,,lots of them.They have now become my favorite Rexall.
easy 2 $50.00 shops for me. 200 Airmiles

Hugs
Mel
This is great news! I will go check it out. Thanks!!

Oh I saw M&M stuff at the Rexall near work. But since I normally go at lunch and it's all frozen I never bothered. But that would be nice, airmiles plus good food. Interesting.

So the 7 day flex tickets that expire by the end of the year have been gone for a little while. What do we think the chances of them coming back are ?

So the 7 day flex tickets that expire by the end of the year have been gone for a little while. What do we think the chances of them coming back are ?

Oh really! I haven't been following lately. Wonder how long ago the Canadian tickets ran out.

I was told in April that the 2020 ones would be out late in the year so there seems to be a plan to continue offering them, however I wasn't specifically asking about 7 day tickets only 2020 ones.

Oh really! I haven't been following lately. Wonder how long ago the Canadian tickets ran out.

I was told in April that the 2020 ones would be out late in the year so there seems to be a plan to continue offering them, however I wasn't specifically asking about 7 day tickets only 2020 ones.
The Canadian tickets are still there , though probably not much longer as they expire soon. And the 5 and 7 day flex ones expire at the end of 2019 if I recall correctly. Speculation is that the next batch will be more expensive point wise because the current flex tickets are under comparable cash value. The 7 day are gone and I suspect not coming back until they are the new ones for next year . But hard to say for sure.

Nope...I did not!!! It does fall backwards like one ride at Disney - I could be wrong but like " Expedition Everest " is what I have read and heard from different videos and blogs.

It looks like it will be sooooo much fun!!!!! Now I just have to get the hubby on board to go. I know our boys would just love to go. So I'll collect as many PC points and AM as I can.,,so that it will help to off set the cost. I would be willing to keep working the second job to fund another trip!!!

Last edited:
In my June newsletter there was a little note about a contest which would be happening soon (June 17-21, 2019) to celebrate Onyx's 5 year anniversary. Contest fine print indicates open to Onyx collectors only, so perhaps we will get a more targeted email closer to the start date. Prizes include airfare, merch, AM and gift cards. Here is the current website to detail the contest which is coming soon: https://worldofrewards.airmiles.ca/en/comingsoon

I got an email this morning about this contest today. I bookmarked the page so that I remember to enter everyday, I hope I do!

https://worldofrewards.airmiles.ca/en/home

Sharing in case any of my fellow Onyx members didnt see the email

The Canadian tickets are still there , though probably not much longer as they expire soon. And the 5 and 7 day flex ones expire at the end of 2019 if I recall correctly. Speculation is that the next batch will be more expensive point wise because the current flex tickets are under comparable cash value. The 7 day are gone and I suspect not coming back until they are the new ones for next year . But hard to say for sure.

I checked this morning after seeing your post and the Canadian ones are gone, sounds like you've answer my question though, it must have been recently/today (or I'm just missing them). I'm really surprised that the 7 day flex ones are gone since they really were only good for those going October to December this year ... or those upgrading I suppose. I thought they'd take awhile to get rid of. I think with all the Disney ticket changes we are in unknown territory in regards to what and when we will see next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!