Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Ok I've turned the list of Rexall Beauty items into a table and I'm trying to figure out how to include it ... :confused3

***ETA .. seems i figured it out -- can a few of you check it out and give me your opinions please

Nice job, it's a confusing list to work with. A couple of points:

1. BRUSHES - I think these refer to hair brushes but I'm not sure.
2. She specifically statement cosmetic bags and travel bags were not included so might want to add them to "not included"

A few other things she mentioned that I caught in her email (I didn't post the whole thing, it would have been even more confusing, her answers in bold):
Is sunscreen included? Sunscreen is not included (different than suncare I gather)
Any shampoo? Select Types and sizes (likely true of conditioner as well), might want to add "Shampoo" back on the list.

Also, when I asked
Any hand soap, body butter, body wash, razors, shaving cream?
she replied
razors, shaving cream? not included
so some hand soap might be included or she missed it, body butter and body wash already covered in chart

Last, re: Burt's Bees, these are the categories from Burt's Bees website (below). I would think anything that is listed on their website as makeup, skin care and hair&body care would qualify, even some sets if considered seasonal, anything under lip balm would not. May want to revise it in the "not included" column.

Thank you for keeping us organized.

Nice job, it's a confusing list to work with. A couple of points:

1. BRUSHES - I think these refer to hair brushes but I'm not sure.
2. She specifically statement cosmetic bags and travel bags were not included so might want to add them to "not included"

A few other things she mentioned that I caught in her email (I didn't post the whole thing, it would have been even more confusing, her answers in bold):
Is sunscreen included? Sunscreen is not included (different than suncare I gather)
Any shampoo? Select Types and sizes (likely true of conditioner as well), might want to add "Shampoo" back on the list.

Also, when I asked
Any hand soap, body butter, body wash, razors, shaving cream?
she replied
razors, shaving cream? not included
so some hand soap might be included or she missed it, body butter and body wash already covered in chart

Last, re: Burt's Bees, these are the categories from Burt's Bees website (below). I would think anything that is listed on their website as makeup, skin care and hair&body care would qualify, even some sets if considered seasonal, anything under lip balm would not. May want to revise it in the "not included" column.
View attachment 406869

Thank you for keeping us organized.
Ok, I'll take another run at it later. I did take some liberty with it and tried to get things grouped together but it was hard since i don't use ANY beauty products other than the real basic soap/shampoo & hand cream.

I put Brushes under makeup because that's what i figured it meant? Ones you use to put it on, not to fix your hair??
How the heck can we determine which kinds of shampoo and conditioner are included? I mean this is better than we had before but still really confusing.
I'll fix the Birt's Bee to say ONLY plain lip balm isn't included?

Thanks for taking the initiative to get the list in the first place! I'll look at this again tomorrow at some point.

Ok, I'll take another run at it later. I did take some liberty with it and tried to get things grouped together but it was hard since i don't use ANY beauty products other than the real basic soap/shampoo & hand cream.

I put Brushes under makeup because that's what i figured it meant? Ones you use to put it on, not to fix your hair??

I was referring to hair ones, thought that they'd be included, maybe not. I don't see anything referring to hair accessories and hair brushes are in that section so perhaps not.

How the heck can we determine which kinds of shampoo and conditioner are included? I mean this is better than we had before but still really confusing.

This is my frustration with this too, how are we to know, their promo says exclusions apply , there is no signage in the store identifying products and the employees don't know.

I'll fix the Birt's Bee to say ONLY plain lip balm isn't included?
Yes, that would do it, I believe that is what she is saying.

Thanks for taking the initiative to get the list in the first place! I'll look at this again tomorrow at some point. Teamwork :)

I think this list is enough to get me back to considering their beauty events. If they have one great promo where a number of us are doing it, I'm sure we'd be able to put together many of the details. It may take a pre-Christmas event.

I finished the "Spring into more Miles" booklet promo last week and the final 3 sponsor 50 airmiles bonus just posted. It is listed as Foodland (or Sobeys I imagine since it was their booklet) with no location listed. Just thought someone might like the heads up. I finished my husband's before mine but his Foodland airmiles haven't posted (shopped in cottage country) so may have to do another Sobeys/Foodland one before it ends June 16.

a little bit of a poll, for those willing to share: if you were primarily saving miles for a disney vacation, would you set your account to dream, cash, or a mix?

i ask because mine is set to dream and i have a decent number. my plan has been to keep saving towards a cruise (when we can finally book them with dream miles again). but I also started collecting PC points, and recently I redeemed a nice chunk for a disney gift card. it got me thinking about whether i should switch my air miles to cash and do something similar, ‘redeeming’ cash miles at safeway for disney cards. or since I already have a pile of dream, maybe it would be silly to split/switch?

any advice or suggestions very appreciated :)

a little bit of a poll, for those willing to share: if you were primarily saving miles for a disney vacation, would you set your account to dream, cash, or a mix?

i ask because mine is set to dream and i have a decent number. my plan has been to keep saving towards a cruise (when we can finally book them with dream miles again). but I also started collecting PC points, and recently I redeemed a nice chunk for a disney gift card. it got me thinking about whether i should switch my air miles to cash and do something similar, ‘redeeming’ cash miles at safeway for disney cards. or since I already have a pile of dream, maybe it would be silly to split/switch?

My thought, for what its worth, is a mix of both. If you switch your AMs to cash and use them at stores for products to purchase Disney GC's, I myself would take the money and put it into an account instead of buying the GC's. This would allow me to use the money toward Disney if I so choose OR if another thing comes up like maybe a trip out West then I could use the funds for that trip and I'm not locked into just Disney. You really have to know yourself though because it does mean being strict enough to put the money aside and not use it for a stop at Tim Hortons. I'm good at saving so I have no problem with that. Now if we could purchase the gift cards out right then that would change my planning. Hoping some day they will allow this again.
I find the problem with using AMs to purchase Disney tickets is that when we go there is often a deal such as free dinning which makes you purchase tickets with the package so the tickets I have purchased ahead of time sit. I have one from four years ago that I'm not sure when I will use.
It's all a personal preference when it comes down to it. Some find using cash miles for the gift cards the best thing for them. Some find putting the funds away instead better. Some find using the AM;s for tickets what they need, maybe they are DVC owners or maybe they booked a room only reservation. So many choices which is never a bad thing.
Good luck in what ever you decide. What ever it is it will be what's best for you. Just keep gathering the PC or AM's!

I set mine to 100% Dream. We are now working on our 4th trip to Disneyland using AM for flights and park hopper tickets for the 4 of us. Disneyland doesn’t have dining plans or the discounts that Disney World sometimes offers so it works well for us.

After our 2020 trip to see Galaxy’s Edge, we may want to try a cruise or something but I think I’ll still stick with Dream since we’ll be able to book cruises with Dream miles.

I would make a spreadsheet/document of how many miles you will need for the various logistics of a trip (i.e., Flights, Park passes, hotels, car rentals).

Right now, I am starting to redeem mine and DH's cash miles and putting them in savings for a cruise in 2020.

I'm still earning Dream miles on both cards though. Mine is for our park passes for WDW and UOR and flights. Since my card is attached to my BMO W/E mastercard, flights are cheaper for me to buy than DH. So I'll need flights to Florida for 2020 (cruise) and 2021 (theme parks).

DH's Dream miles are going towards the cruise once we can redeem on redtag.ca.

And PC are straight up for WDW gift cards for our resort and possibly meals.

Yeah... last time we had a package from AM but I don't think we are using it. So I am saving for passes. Then I will find the best way to stash away funds for the hotel.

I normally save Dream and use them for flights and pre cruise hotel.rooms. I currently have 10% cash to help with grocery costs.

I do use petro points to buy disney gift cards for my trip this summer, it isnt much (especially with the new car not needing much gas) but I cant get gift cards directly with the points.

I am a novice at all this stuff, but I have mine set to 90% dream. I already redeemed for flights for our 2020 trip and am now saving up for Universal studios passes (our trip is in February, I don't think I will have enough for DW passes). I use the cash to put towards the gift cards I buy at Petro -where I earn points on the gc's, and I can get a $0.10 off gas card with those points in the summer for our road trip to Alberta.
Part of my savings plan is to buy a $50 dgc every payday. I also have a savings account, and use that to buy extra cards when I have a couple of hundred dollars.

We have a PC card, but it is DH's, and we just use it save money on our groceries.

I would say leave your AM set to 100% dream until you have what you need for your trip. Use the PC points for gift cards.

My account has always been set to 100% dream. When I set up an account for DD it was 100% cash miles and the intention was for us to use those for Starbucks on our WDW trips. DD's account I only work on it with the big promos (MM, STB etc) but after only a couple of those the cash miles were at a ridiculous amount, somewhere around 5000. So I switched it to 100% dream(it's already at 3600) and now I will build it up for a park ticket. We've been using her cash miles this year to supply her with Starbucks at university (it's the only place on campus that doesn't take student cards for payment) and we've also used it to complete several offers for MM. At this point her account is down to about 2200 cash miles so that's a good amount to cover some WDW Starb's.....only problem is I don't think we are going this year :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter