Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Ordered a second Rexall giftcard from Ebay. I received it in 9 minutes this time, last one just over 4 hours.

Shoppers Drug Mart has Indigo giftcards 15% off this week starting Saturday, not sure if it's been posted.

I'm seeing a slower week for airmiles this week for us unless Rexall comes up with a good combination. I went to go there today, then realized my threshold coupon disappeared, I guess it was good until yesterday? I have a couple of Metro and Sobeys personal offers but that's it for us other than Shell. I don't think we need anything from The Bay ATM.

Husband received new Sobeys offers today but I didn't. Strange, I believe someone reported this happening to them a couple of weeks ago. My Rexall threshold was downgraded this week as well, 25am wus $25, I've been getting 50am was $25 every week since April/May. Will see what happens tomorrow.

Ordered a second Rexall giftcard from Ebay. I received it in 9 minutes this time, last one just over 4 hours.

Shoppers Drug Mart has Indigo giftcards 15% off this week starting Saturday, not sure if it's been posted.

I'm seeing a slower week for airmiles this week for us unless Rexall comes up with a good combination. I went to go there today, then realized my threshold coupon disappeared, I guess it was good until yesterday? I have a couple of Metro and Sobeys personal offers but that's it for us other than Shell. I don't think we need anything from The Bay ATM.

Husband received new Sobeys offers today but I didn't. Strange, I believe someone reported this happening to them a couple of weeks ago. My Rexall threshold was downgraded this week as well, 25am wus $25, I've been getting 50am was $25 every week since April/May. Will see what happens tomorrow.
And ME?? I finally gave up and deleted my PayPal account and abandoned the idea of getting the danged gift cards! I seriously do NOT need the extra headache invovled with trying to purchase them. Mind telling me how you were able to do it? You have a credit card & bank account linked to your PayPal? Were you able to just buy the dang thing outright thru E-Bay??

And ME?? I finally gave up and deleted my PayPal account and abandoned the idea of getting the danged gift cards! I seriously do NOT need the extra headache invovled with trying to purchase them. Mind telling me how you were able to do it? You have a credit card & bank account linked to your PayPal? Were you able to just buy the dang thing outright thru E-Bay??

I saw your post last week but I set up my PayPal account so long ago that I couldn't provide any current information. I have one Canadian credit card on Paypal, no bank account. I use it for companies that I don't know if I can trust them with my credit card, been doing it for years, since 2000 I think lol. I don't remember the set-up being complicated, added a credit card and they sent a 1 cent charge and a reversal to the credit card and it was approved.

When I ordered the Rexall giftcards from ebay I had logged into my Paypal account first (on another tab), then hit the 'buy' button (on the ebay screen), a screen popped up asking to confirm paying from paypal with the last four digits of my credit card. I confirmed and received the ebay order email followed by a paypal email showing the purchase immediately following. E-Gift card was to follow which it did.

Sorry you are having difficulties, hopefully someone with more recent experience might be able to add something. I likely won't order from the second website as I don't know or use them. Maybe if others post some success stories ... and they take paypal to hide my credit card.

Last edited:
I saw your post last week but I set up my PayPal account so long ago that I couldn't provide any current information. I have one Canadian credit card on Paypal, no bank account. I use it for companies that I don't know if I can trust them with my credit card, been doing it for years, since 2000 I think lol. I don't remember the set-up being complicated, added a credit card and they sent a 1 cent charge and a reversal to the credit card and it was approved.

When I ordered the Rexall giftcards from ebay I had logged into my Paypal account first (on another tab), then hit the 'buy' button (on the ebay screen), a screen popped up asking to confirm paying from paypal with the last four digits of my credit card. I confirmed and received the ebay order email followed by a paypal email showing the purchase immediately following. E-Gift card was to follow which it did.

Sorry you are having difficulties, hopefully someone with more recent experience might be able to add something. I likely won't order from the second website as I don't know or use them. Maybe if others post some success stories ... and they take paypal to hide my credit card.
Yup, the PayPal account i just closed has been around for EVER but my credit card had been compromised so i had a new number and when i tried to update the info this headache inducing and ulcer causing disaster started. It took from Friday night till late Tuesday to get the charge put thru to verify the card and then we discovered they now wanted me to have a bank account linked as well. Nope, not happening!! I went thru the same process you explained but after i confirmed the credit card number a message popped up that PayPal wasn't available.

Happy you were able to get it to work, it's a GREAT deal!

Does the 10x not show up in the normal way int he airmiles shop for the Bay?

Doesn't appear to be but since they've been promoting it for several days and it's now a section on the portal site I'm confident it's gonna work. Don't forget to also get the multiplier from the contest before you start shopping!!

Yup, the PayPal account i just closed has been around for EVER but my credit card had been compromised so i had a new number and when i tried to update the info this headache inducing and ulcer causing disaster started. It took from Friday night till late Tuesday to get the charge put thru to verify the card and then we discovered they now wanted me to have a bank account linked as well. Nope, not happening!! I went thru the same process you explained but after i confirmed the credit card number a message popped up that PayPal wasn't available.

Happy you were able to get it to work, it's a GREAT deal!

Sounds like there is a human component of approval on credit cards if it took that long? I don't understand having to add a bank account, it is suppose to be optional. I wouldn't add a bank account number either.

Fortunately, businesses want our money so there is always another deal.

Adding to my list of offers I'm missing, I received no Rexall offers today. I think I've been targeted, hope it is short-lived. I'll be using my husband's.

Does the 10x not show up in the normal way int he airmiles shop for the Bay?
They've updated the site at some point in the last hour and it looks like this now!

upload_2018-10-12_15-41-35.png

I'm ready to shop and forgot my password, followed the link in the email and got this stupid message when i tried to use the re-set link :headache:
upload_2018-10-12_15-45-13.png

Just a heads up if you load My Offers for Sobeys, they may or may not stay loaded. I just shopped at Sobeys loaded an offer, it didn't show up on my receipt. Came home and checked. It wasn't loaded, I thought I loaded it. Loaded it again, signed out then signed back in. It wasn't loaded. Called Sobeys help line. They have apparently been having this issue with some people, not everyone. They are working on it. Argh! 8 more AM that won't show up in 10 days time.

Had to call as well. In my case, each time I load the offers and log out/log back in, only one stays loaded no matter how many I load. So to load three offers, I had to log in, load, then log out three times.

How many fellow Dis’ers here have bought and succcesfully redeemed the eBay Rexall e-gift cards? I wonder whether I should stock up at the discounted price since Rexall is my key Airmiles partner. TIA!

There is a Facebook sign up to earn 25 AM from Habitat For Humanity.
I hope this link works.... https://www.facebook.com/pg/HabitatCanada/ads/?country=2&ref=page_internal scroll down and click on the get offer tab. Then answer a couple of quick questions, put in your name and email address and bingo 25 miles. It does say to allow 60 days for the miles to post.
So what do you suppose this means?

Your info has been sent to Habitat for Humanity Canada. As a special thank you, you’ll get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with each survey returned to Habitat Canada!* *Bonus Offer valid until December 31, 2018. No limitations on use. Please allow up to 60 days for Miles to be postedurned to your Collector Account. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Habitat for Humanity Canada.

I'm having a problem bolding this. It says no limitaitons on use. Does that mean we can do it every day? Five times a day? Interesting wording.

Rexall spend $40.00 get 40 airmiles is about it for me for airmiles this week.:(

*I'd like to do a can good stock up in the next couple of weeks. But so far Metro/Sobeys/Foodland have had no half decent
airmiles sales.*

Hugs
Mel

So what do you suppose this means?

Your info has been sent to Habitat for Humanity Canada. As a special thank you, you’ll get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with each survey returned to Habitat Canada!* *Bonus Offer valid until December 31, 2018. No limitations on use. Please allow up to 60 days for Miles to be postedurned to your Collector Account. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Habitat for Humanity Canada.

I'm having a problem bolding this. It says no limitaitons on use. Does that mean we can do it every day? Five times a day? Interesting wording.
I think that means it’s a public offer

As a donor to Habitat for Humanity I’m not sure how I feel about this. Not good. I don’t like charitable foundations to waste my donation. Perhaps it is a Loyalty One initiative. Hopefully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter