Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Last post, I promise. I just looked at my AM account. I shopped at Rexall yesterday and I had another line posted to my account

09 Oct 18
Rexall_2016_Logo_S.png
THANKS FROM REXALL +25. Anyone else get one of these? DS got one too but not DH so I don't think its the flu shot.

Yeah :dogdance:
I got one too
The only thing I can think of is the sign up for the Flu shot
09 Oct 18
Rexall_2016_Logo_S.png
THANKS FROM REXALL +25

Hugs
Mel

Yup, the bonus from Rexall is for the flu shot notice - i have it on both accounts and i KNOW i've done nothing with the 2nd card since the online shopping promo.

Thanks for all the answers everyone! I feel like such a newbie! One ore question - some of you seem to have separate cards for you and your spouse - so it is not an issue to have two different cards at the same mailing address? Right now we just have my account and DH has a card on the same account. Debating if I should get him to get his own card for promos :)

I haven’t used points for flights before. I find that the taxes and fees for flights in north america are still really high, so to me it feels like a waste of miles. It looks different for international flights. recently, I’ve checked japan and australia. in both cases, the flights have been a lot of miles (8-12 thousand) but low fees (under 250$). i think these are the only options i would consider worth my miles, but of course that’s just my opinion.

in the past, i’ve used points for disney tickets. i’ve gotten some merchandise if there’s something i really want (maybe 2 years ago i got a bag i love for 700 miles. i use it almost daily), but usually i just let the miles build. i’m at the point where i have enough for a short disney cruise in the most basic room possible, and i think i’m just going to keep saving for a longer cruise/better room. our kiddo is still very young and I’d like to wait for the cruise until he’s a bit older too. i find it easier to save my miles when i have some kind of goal, even a longer-term one like a cruise in a few years.

Thanks for all the answers everyone! I feel like such a newbie! One ore question - some of you seem to have separate cards for you and your spouse - so it is not an issue to have two different cards at the same mailing address? Right now we just have my account and DH has a card on the same account. Debating if I should get him to get his own card for promos :)

Yes, most of us have at least two separate accounts in our households! Heck, I even have my email attached to DHs card as I know I will be the one collecting aggressively, not him.

Definitely get a second card if you think you will be able to knock out those seasonal bonus promos! It all adds very quickly.

Oh, and some of us collect air miles cash. Every time we cash out $100 in miles for say groceries, we put that would-have-spent $100 into our savings/trip funds. It is like free money!

I think that 25 is for the flu shot sign up, at least that's what I assume as I have nothing else outstanding from Rexall.

I should add to my answer earlier, I have used miles for flights, hotels and a cute little suit case recently. I have also redeemed for night at the movies, and a couple Christmas gifts one year.

I am hoping to go south during March break next year. And likely will use AM to help with the flight costs. However, it really does depend how many I get before I feel I must book the flights. Travelling with kiddo I really only do direct flights unless there are none. I have been debating flying from Montreal but the drive there in March is iffy for me. I am not a happy driver, I much prefer being driven around :) so if I can get flights from Ottawa I am much happier. I am considering going from Wednesday to Wednesday just to get better prices on flights, even though it means using extra vacation days and kiddo missing 3 extra days of school. I may use the points for Universal tickets instead, but that will also depend on when they come out with new ones and how much they are. My next trip I think we are only going to do a night or two at Disney and then switch, so no point in getting Disney tickets through airmiles, we will only need 1 or two days. I have looked at offsite hotels near Universal or Seaworld as well, using airmiles for that. And I am also one who wishes they would have a way to book myself online and pay with airmiles. They say it's coming... we shall see!

Oh, and no spouse here so just a card for me, but I do envy those that can do both!

Oh! I had printed the coupon for that Sobeys $100 spend get 100 AM, I wonder if I will be able to use it even if they don't fix the site? I hope so...

Technically I believe it is frowned upon. The way I look at it is DH had his account and I had my own account when we met. We keep them both active. (That's the story I'm using ...) I also help my son (who lives elsewhere) collect under his name. I've told him I would like him to contribute to the big family vacation.

Technically I believe it is frowned upon. The way I look at it is DH had his account and I had my own account when we met. We keep them both active. (That's the story I'm using ...) I also help my son (who lives elsewhere) collect under his name. I've told him I would like him to contribute to the big family vacation.
Yup, this is correct --and they technically have the right to delete your accounts and claw back all the miles you've earned ... here's the Terms & Conditions from the website (lots of tiny print, this is the stuff related to this conversation)
This first bit makes me chuckle when i think of that one specific facebook group ... some of those people sure think they know what's going on but do they?!?!

These Terms and Conditions may be different from what you know about the Program. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding your participation in the Program, your entitlement to collect and use Miles and your entitlement to any other benefits of the Program, and supercede all previous versions.

And here's the bit about more than one card and what they can do if they think you're working the system ..

You may request additional AIR MILES Cards for other members of your household ("Additional Collectors") for which we may impose a fee in our discretion. You may collect Miles under one Collector Number only. All Miles collected by Additional Collectors for whom you have requested Additional Cards will be recorded under your Collector Number.

If no Miles are recorded in your Accounts for 24 months, you become bankrupt, commit fraud, misrepresent any information, violate any Terms and Conditions, abuse your Program privileges or act in any other way to the detriment of us, our Partners or Suppliers or the Program, we may, without affecting our other rights, disclose such information requested by proper authorities, terminate your enrollment and/or cancel your Miles and Rewards.

We have 2 cards but it's because the first one was technically established as a business account -- the 2nd one makes me nervous if i need to chase down miles, looking over my shoulder for the AM Police to find me :P

I keep forgetting to mention this. This popped up on my phone this afternoon and when i checked with both card numbers (yes i know i just gave a mini-lecture about 2 cards :rolleyes1 ) it's there for both of them. No notification of this offer anywhere else, no email, no banner on Facebook or the Airmiles site so i would suggest opening the APP to see if you have it as well, looks targeted but like i said, on both accounts. EASY to complete, no minimum purchase just earn 1 mile at 2 different sponsors before Sunday and get 50 AM. Sorry the image is SOOOO BIGGGG but i wanted to include the terms as well.
side note now i know why my battery drained to 35% before lunch, i left this stupid app loaded on my phone it's a hog!
43643502_707245669642809_9117479871574966272_n.jpg

keep forgetting to mention this. This popped up on my phone this afternoon and when i checked with both card numbers (yes i know i just gave a mini-lecture about 2 cards :rolleyes1 ) it's there for both of them. No notification of this offer anywhere else, no email, no banner on Facebook or the Airmiles site so i would suggest opening the APP to see if you have it as well, looks targeted but like i said, on both accounts. EASY to complete, no minimum purchase just earn 1 mile at 2 different sponsors before Sunday and get 50 AM. Sorry the image is SOOOO BIGGGG but i wanted to include the terms as well.
Thanks for mentioning this as I have a notification on my phone app but when I click on it I just get a pretty lilac screen but no text so now I know what it is I can complete my 2 shops. I had only made a tiny shop at Sobeys today and not even enough to earn 1 point but I just checked my loaded offers and one of those was redeemed today at Sobeys so I only need 1 more shop.

Yay i got the Rexall AM, and husband got it on his AM card too!

Honest question though - if you can't have more than one AM account per household why would they have let my husband sign up? Wouldn't it block him based on the same street address as my account? I'm pretty sure the rule was just 1 collector number per person. Not per househould.

What if people are roomates and each take care of their own finances?

I'm hoping they still do the Sobeys spend $100 get 100AM. Love to double up using those GC that gave AM and do the spend x get x!

Hmm maybe that's why they took it down. :)

I keep forgetting to mention this. This popped up on my phone this afternoon and when i checked with both card numbers (yes i know i just gave a mini-lecture about 2 cards :rolleyes1 ) it's there for both of them. No notification of this offer anywhere else, no email, no banner on Facebook or the Airmiles site so i would suggest opening the APP to see if you have it as well, looks targeted but like i said, on both accounts. EASY to complete, no minimum purchase just earn 1 mile at 2 different sponsors before Sunday and get 50 AM. Sorry the image is SOOOO BIGGGG but i wanted to include the terms as well.
side note now i know why my battery drained to 35% before lunch, i left this stupid app loaded on my phone it's a hog!
43643502_707245669642809_9117479871574966272_n.jpg
Apparently it is time for me to add the Airmiles app to my iPad. I have no room on my phone. (need to upgrade, but am waiting for a wee bit longer! )

Yup, this is correct --and they technically have the right to delete your accounts and claw back all the miles you've earned ... here's the Terms & Conditions from the website (lots of tiny print, this is the stuff related to this conversation)
This first bit makes me chuckle when i think of that one specific facebook group ... some of those people sure think they know what's going on but do they?!?!

These Terms and Conditions may be different from what you know about the Program. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding your participation in the Program, your entitlement to collect and use Miles and your entitlement to any other benefits of the Program, and supercede all previous versions.

And here's the bit about more than one card and what they can do if they think you're working the system ..

You may request additional AIR MILES Cards for other members of your household ("Additional Collectors") for which we may impose a fee in our discretion. You may collect Miles under one Collector Number only. All Miles collected by Additional Collectors for whom you have requested Additional Cards will be recorded under your Collector Number.

If no Miles are recorded in your Accounts for 24 months, you become bankrupt, commit fraud, misrepresent any information, violate any Terms and Conditions, abuse your Program privileges or act in any other way to the detriment of us, our Partners or Suppliers or the Program, we may, without affecting our other rights, disclose such information requested by proper authorities, terminate your enrollment and/or cancel your Miles and Rewards.

We have 2 cards but it's because the first one was technically established as a business account -- the 2nd one makes me nervous if i need to chase down miles, looking over my shoulder for the AM Police to find me :P

I interpret that "you may collect miles under one number only" as not for households but for individuals. I also interpret it as saying you can have other household members on your account if you wish.

I interpret that "you may collect miles under one number only" as not for households but for individuals. I also interpret it as saying you can have other household members on your account if you wish.
This is how I always interpreted it as well. I wouldn’t have an account for Dh or dd if I thought it wasnt within the rules. Dd is 21 and makes her own purchases with the card, and Dh buys his own things as well. For the larger promos, we maximize our earnings for sure, but we are spending the required amounts three times. If I knew otherwise I wouldn’t bother ... kind of a rule follower that way. I will continue until I’m told otherwise but I think it’s allowed.
However I won’t be calling to ask.. not that much of a rule follower :rolleyes1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter