Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I am going to do my soup run tomorrow. Hope they are not gone by then.
Sobeys Kanata has so much soup heaped up in the aisles and shelves - they had clearly replenished before I came in - I don't think they will run out. Its also on the Chunky cans.....lots of sodium but good price and points. Makes a good foodbank donation

Road trip shopping for the picnic lunches is this next coming sales flyer. I dearly hope there are some AM deals there to be had. :(

June hasn't been a good AM month for us - basically PetroCan has our gas business at this point. They have some kind of deal where you get like 5 cents off a litre for using your RBC card to pay. Then they give you like triple PetroCan points which we use for car washes and food. I could care less about 1- 5 AM but I sure care about saving actual DOLLARS on a fill-up because my truck is 80L and DH's car is like 50L. This is both good and bad...

Did my soup run this morning, 114.85 for 460 miles. Anyone know how long Sobeys takes to post I should now have enough to buy may last Disney ticket for September but fast pass deadline is quickly approaching.

You should get them next Thursday, but it may take an extra week.

Does anyone else have a Disney Movie Rewards account? If so, does it have at least 5 points in it? AND do you have a child in your household who adores Winnie the Pooh as much as our daughter & my hubby do? If so, OMG check out this seriously, far too cute card you can download, print and assemble!
upload_2018-6-15_13-27-55.png

Even has a cute envelope!
upload_2018-6-15_13-34-28.png

Last edited:
DH and I each received a new type of offer from Lawton's Drugs today. DH's was earn 190 miles in 4 purchases (min. $20). Earn 10 miles after the 1st, 25 after the 2nd, 60 after the 3rd and 95 after the 4th. Mine is the same except my spend is $30 not $20. And we have from June 15-July 15 to do it! I'll be doing both for sure!

I believe I have read of people ordering over the phone 1-day WDW tickets with miles. Would they also let me use miles for a 2-day ticket?
If you're an ONYX member my understanding is that they will source just about anything for you, so more than likely if a 2 day ticket is available they'll be able to get them for you!

I only got gas and paid at the pump and mine showed on my receipt. Not sure why it wouldn't have worked.

Not sure. My DH fueled up and told me to expect 1-3 AM in the next few days. Nothing has shown yet. :( I am a tiny bit irritated but it's not enough to go rushing to customer support and throwing time after more time and money was already invested.

Unfortunately only the 1 base Air Mile posted to my account as shown on the receipt.

It's not so much for *just* 2 Air Miles right now but the accumulated amount. This offer is good until September 2. My husband and I spend $150 every 2 weeks on gas between the 2 cars. Normally we will fill up 15L twice so we at least get 2 air miles instead of just one. But this promo is suppose to give 3 for 25L.

4 fill-ups x 7 bi-weekly pay periods = 28 fill-ups. Let's say 30 cuz, you know - summer and a 5-week month coming up (probably 33 fill-ups) TIMES 3 Air Miles = 90 Air Miles

I really dislike having to keep every single receipt and argue with Air Miles later. If they are not going to honour the 3 miles for 25L and only give me 1 mile, then I'd rather go back to 15L twice and get 2 miles.

I'll have to go on chat tomorrow and ask about this.

Does anyone else have a Disney Movie Rewards account? If so, does it have at least 5 points in it? AND do you have a child in your household who adores Winnie the Pooh as much as our daughter & my hubby do? If so, OMG check out this seriously, far too cute card you can download, print and assemble!
View attachment 329906

Even has a cute envelope!
View attachment 329910

I LOVE Disney Movie Rewards. Anyone here not redeeming their Disney movie tickets or their DVD / BluRay codes... you need to start!

I have probably redeemed for at least $100 USD of Disney Gift Cards on there. :) Slowly but surely!

I had to post and let all of you know how wonderful, helpful, funny and resourceful you all are! I am fairly new to the board and started reading this one at the beginning of this year, and in January I had 300AM and now I am at 4400AM all thanks to your wonderful tips! And I just read about the Disney Movie Rewards above and my jaw dropped because I have TONS of DVDs all sitting with secret codes inside that I never entered. So now I have 4500 points and hopefully it will keep on growing so I can get some gift cards for our trip in 2020! I just wanted to thank all of you so much! Every little bit helps when saving for a trip on a single income!

I LOVE Disney Movie Rewards. Anyone here not redeeming their Disney movie tickets or their DVD / BluRay codes... you need to start!

I have probably redeemed for at least $100 USD of Disney Gift Cards on there. :) Slowly but surely!

Unfortunately it's not available for QC resident. I did it for a while with an account linked to my parents address in FL but stopped. I also now buy digital copies of our movies instead of DVD/Blu-ray.

This Disney Movie Rewards...can you only link certain movie theatres to it?

You should check out the website and see what is included. There are often little games that let you enter codes, email promo codes and you get points for seeing Disney movies - I just got points for seeing Infinity War - in ANY theatre or buying movies. The rewards are things like toys/stufffies/movie related posters/ gift cards and I noticed they just added the VIP tours at WDW :eek:
https://disneymovierewards.go.com

You should check out the website and see what is included. There are often little games that let you enter codes, email promo codes and you get points for seeing Disney movies - I just got points for seeing Infinity War - in ANY theatre or buying movies. The rewards are things like toys/stufffies/movie related posters/ gift cards and I noticed they just added the VIP tours at WDW :eek:
https://disneymovierewards.go.com
I didn’t know about this. DD and I will be watching Incredible 2 next week or so. It’s never too late to start!

What does everyone use the Disney Movie Rewards for? I see there are e-gift cards but they are for $5 or $10 and there is a limit of 4 per person.

How did you get $100 USD? When I searched the website, it said “Limit 4 redemptions per member” for both the $5 and $10 e-gift cards.

I love it too. We don't buy as many DVD's now as we did when the kids were younger but we do go to a lot of movies at the theatre and most Marvel and Star Wars ones are included. I cash in for Disney gift cards. I have about $60 USD so far for our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter