Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I'm waiting for Mel to sign in -- she does AMAZING work with stuff like this!

Lime Green Mickey Head (the unofficial colour of the DISboards) with something in the ears ... i dunno, not my forte!

OH, side note -- hubby has another "last-minute-trip" to a client in January in Kemptville and I'm trying to convince him to extend it so i can join in him Ottawa for a few days :rolleyes1

Ottawa in January... well I guess if it's not something you're used to it could be fun :) I'm usually trying to escape that time of year lol.

If you time it right you could hit the January thaw. It usually hits the first weekend of Winterlude. Personally I'd wait until summer (and I live here). Of course I've been known to fly to Winnipeg in winter (call me crazy) but it's a dry cold. Ottawa can be bone chilling damp cold.

My daughters (6 and 9 yo) favourite time of the year to visit Ottawa is winter! lol. They like eating a beavertail on the Rideau canal while skating... They also loved visiting Toronto early December because of the Christmas market and they like visiting my family in Quebec city in February to attend the Carnaval parade so I guess as long as there a special winter activity, they are all for it! lol.

For all you Beavertail lovers, just gonna put out here that there's one on the waterfront in Toronto right at the foot of York, next to a Sobey's Urban Fresh and the Duck might have been a few times :rolleyes1
View attachment 360372
There are a couple at Canada's Wonderland as well. Ate my beaver tail yesterday when I finally used my onyx wonderland tickets. I just had the basic sugar and cinnamon version. None of the funky ones for this girl. Yummy

There are a couple at Canada's Wonderland as well. Ate my beaver tail yesterday when I finally used my onyx wonderland tickets. I just had the basic sugar and cinnamon version. None of the funky ones for this girl. Yummy
I like that one with a lemon squeezed on it. Sweet and tart. Mmm

I have a Beavertails kiosk right outside my office building! ugh. Although I'm pretty sure it's close up for the winter now. There is also one at our local outdoor skating oval for the winter.

Speaking of winter activities, there's something new this year in the GTA. I'm actually pretty excited about going to this over the Xmas break, hope it's as good as it looks.

https://www.aurorawinterfestival.com/toronto/

Is this in addition to the holiday market they have downtown or does this new activity include the market with other new activities. Would love to hear about it when its open as its cheaper to get to than a Christmas markets cruise in Germany.

Ottawa in winter has lots of fun activities for people who don't mind the cold. Me, I hate the cold, and go into hibernation for the winter except when the children drag me outdoors. :) I'm not sure why i live in Ottawa....brrrrr...

Blue Friday question - how long do those miles usually take to get posted? I don't shop at Sobeys often and just started tracking my miles, so I'm just wondering - I want to see those 405 in my account! :)

Blue Friday question - how long do those miles usually take to get posted? I don't shop at Sobeys often and just started tracking my miles, so I'm just wondering - I want to see those 405 in my account! :)

Airmiles usually update their points Thursdays if I remember correctly. And if the Sobeys/Safeway you shopped at posted their points over the weekend, you should see them sometime Thursday afternoon. I'm waiting for mine to post as well. :rolleyes1

Is this in addition to the holiday market they have downtown or does this new activity include the market with other new activities. Would love to hear about it when its open as its cheaper to get to than a Christmas markets cruise in Germany.

I think you are referring to the Christmas Market at the Distillery District that's been around a number of years now. http://www.torontochristmasmarket.com/

The Aurora Winter festival I posted about is new this year and held by the waterfront (brrrr!!!) at Ontario Place.

Ottawa in winter has lots of fun activities for people who don't mind the cold. Me, I hate the cold, and go into hibernation for the winter except when the children drag me outdoors. :) I'm not sure why i live in Ottawa....brrrrr...

Mine usually post late Wednesday afternoon. Wednesday/Thursday is the norm.

I think you are referring to the Christmas Market at the Distillery District that's been around a number of years now. http://www.torontochristmasmarket.com/

The Aurora Winter festival I posted about is new this year and held by the waterfront (brrrr!!!) at Ontario Place.

So there are two different winter markets? I hate driving the 401 in winter (snow squalls) but we might have to make the trip (maybe we'll take the train).

So there are two different winter markets? I hate driving the 401 in winter (snow squalls) but we might have to make the trip (maybe we'll take the train).

The Toronto Christmas Market has been going on for almost a decade now and it's in the Distillery District. If you go during the week (closed on Mondays) or before 5 on Friday it's free and so much less busy. The other one is brand new and looks like it will be great fun for young families as well. If you're not wanting to drive the train is a great alternative and if you buy your tickets on Tuesday there is a discount. OR if you can see your way clear to take Greyhound it's an extremely reasonable way to travel and there is a direct bus from Ottawa to Toronto and I know from experience that the buses are so much more comfortable than what they used to be.

The main reason i responded though? OMG this would be a great place for some of us to meet up!!! There are several of us who live close enough to head into the city for a day, or stay over for a night if the commute is a bit too far (or for the Duck who LOVES to stay overnight somewhere!!)

Question about the Rexall flu shot email.... I signed up, got the flu shots are in email, but not the 25 air miles. I think I read on here most have received these miles already? I contacted air miles chat and they said up to 120 days - does this sound right?

Question about the Rexall flu shot email.... I signed up, got the flu shots are in email, but not the 25 air miles. I think I read on here most have received these miles already? I contacted air miles chat and they said up to 120 days - does this sound right?

It took awhile for mine to show up, but I did end up getting it.

We are in the same boat, no one in our household has received the 25 airmiles but have the flu shot emails. I remember it said to allow 4 weeks, not sure if it was 4 to 6 weeks but I do remember the 4 weeks part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter