Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Well, took my car in to get oil changed, winter tires on, etc. Just got a call that my rear brakes are shot. $830 later for everything...ugh.

I guess that money in my savings/vacation fund just found a home sooner than later. Just another reason I'm glad I have been saving cash miles and dumping that money away.

Thanks everyone! We'll stick with the one card for now, at least until a big promo comes out where we think we might be able to both make it ;)

Happy with myself this morning, work is doing a food bank drive today, so I checked my offers, popped into metro, got 5 chunky soup for the food bank and 20 bonus miles for me. Everyone wins! :)

Just read this in the terms and conditions of use which supports the 1 card per individual (not just 1 per household).

"In case of divorce or relationship breakdown, death, emigration from Canada, duplication error, or with our authorization, you may with our prior consent and upon proper proof and payment of such fees as we may in our discretion impose from time to time, merge your Collector Number with the Collector Number of a family member or member of your household."

I don't recall ever having read the terms and conditions of membership so thoroughly before. Good thing to do from time to time as they have been known to change.

Well, took my car in to get oil changed, winter tires on, etc. Just got a call that my rear brakes are shot. $830 later for everything...ugh.

I guess that money in my savings/vacation fund just found a home sooner than later. Just another reason I'm glad I have been saving cash miles and dumping that money away.
What a rotten way to start the day. But it’s great that you’re able to cover it with your airmiles savings. :)

Just read this in the terms and conditions of use which supports the 1 card per individual (not just 1 per household).

"In case of divorce or relationship breakdown, death, emigration from Canada, duplication error, or with our authorization, you may with our prior consent and upon proper proof and payment of such fees as we may in our discretion impose from time to time, merge your Collector Number with the Collector Number of a family member or member of your household."

I don't recall ever having read the terms and conditions of membership so thoroughly before. Good thing to do from time to time as they have been known to change.

Think of roommates living together in the same household. I don't think it is not reasonable to have two or more accounts using the same address.
However, our family only has one card for various reward programs. DD has the optimum PC card and Longos card. I have the Airmiles card. DH has no interest in earning miles. He prefers cash back credit card reward. I honestly don't think I can handle any of the big bonus offer more than once.

I have been an air miles collector since May 1992 and this is the first year I have achieved Onyx status. Just received it this past Sunday and I am so excited!! I would like to thank everyone on this thread, especially "Donald-my hero", for all the work and the sharing of information. I would never buy something that I do not need just to get the points but learning about the special promotions, like Shop the Block, on this thread helped me get the extra points needed!! Not sure what extra it will give me but I look forward to finding out!!

Few last comments from the resident Duck on the extra card conversation ...
  • YES, we have 2 cards
  • We only use the 2nd one during big promos that won't require any more $$ than we would normally spend
  • I read hubby the line "You can only collect miles under one collector number" his answer "D'UH -- i doubt they'd let you have 2 cards scanned at once" with his tongue firmly in his cheek
  • When i had to chase down some online miles for the 2nd card i ended up chatting with the same rep I've dealt with several times and she recognized my name (i always identify myself during chats on hubby's account -- on his file that i can deal with his info) and how organized i am. She mentioned that i might want to keep the fact that we have 2 accounts quiet when chatting with some of the newer reps who go strictly by the rule book. We then talked about the idiotic cost to combine accounts --.15 per MILE plus $10 service charge!!!! (Her name is Samantha BTW and if you're lucky enough to chat with her you're golden-- she's been with the company for almost 15 years!)
  • I don't see why it's a problem to have 2 cards in the same household for all of the reasons we've mentioned above but just a tad scared they might close my account!! Always been a rule follower and study terms & conditions of everything i do, keep records of things i might need to follow up on and worry FAR TOO MUCH over things that don't matter :P

Anybody else get as excited for Wednesday to roll around as me?!?! Flyer update day is a highlight of my (what is obviously a very boring) week :P

Links for those not already shared

Urban Fresh
Sobey's Western Flyer

You have the spend $100 get 100 AM valid all week
Sobey's Atlantic Flyer

Foodland Atlantic Flyer

Rexall isn't live yet but i keep hearing a commercial telling about a threshold spend for the weekend-- $40 for 40 AM which isn't terrific in my mind but, maybe there will be a coupon for next week!!

Thought I would post this ONYX inquiry here:

Reward Item: 1-Day Peak Ticket for Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios or Disney's Animal Kingdom Park - 2 Adults (Ages 10+) & 2 Children (Ages 3-9) to be used on Jan. 1, 2019
Air Miles Quote: 7,150 MILES

Reward Item: 1-Day Peak Ticket for Magic Kingdom Park 2 Adults (Ages 10+) & 2 Children (Ages 3-9) to be used on Jan. 1, 2019
Air Miles Quote: 7,575 MILES

Reward Item: 4-Day Ticket with Admission to 1 Park Per Day 2 Adults (Ages 10+) to be first used Dec. 28, 2019 – NON CANADIAN RESIDENT DISCOUNT TICKETS AS THEY WILL BE USED BY NON-CANADIANS
Air Miles Quote: 11,400 MILES

Ok so a few of us have been "Around The Block" a few times..
what are you hoping is included for the 2018 "Shop The Block" ?
Anyone have any lists they are making?
I'll share mine
online:
Body Shop--need some Christmas stocking stuffers
Chapters/Indigo--need some Paw Patrol figures that don't cost a fortune
Rona or Lowes-need some christmas outdoor stuff.
Bentley-R.F.I.D. womens wallet
In store
Rexall
LCBO
Sobeys/Foodland/Metro

Hugs Mel

Question about my September BMO Airmiles Mastercard offer. It was to spend at least $20 at 3 participating sponsors to receive 500 bonus air miles.

I shopped at Sobey's, Shell and Rona - which all should count. But have not received the bonus. I reviewed the terms and conditions and it doesn't give a time period to receive the miles in. At what point do I follow up? Thanks!

Sobey's posted. I received the 750 airmiles for gift cards from Saturday.

No special app offers or Rexall flu email airmiles here. We did the flu one last year, maybe that's why??

Rexall is spend $40 get 40 AM Friday to Sunday and Sunday only is a beauty event, spend $60 on beauty items and get 100 AM. I imagine that would stack with the spend $40, so if you need any beauty products it could be a good deal.

For shop the block I really hope it's offers used not stores shopped at this year. They seem to mix it up a bit :)

Question about my September BMO Airmiles Mastercard offer. It was to spend at least $20 at 3 participating sponsors to receive 500 bonus air miles.

I shopped at Sobey's, Shell and Rona - which all should count. But have not received the bonus. I reviewed the terms and conditions and it doesn't give a time period to receive the miles in. At what point do I follow up? Thanks!

I haven't received mine either...

Thought I would post this ONYX inquiry here:

Reward Item: 1-Day Peak Ticket for Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios or Disney's Animal Kingdom Park - 2 Adults (Ages 10+) & 2 Children (Ages 3-9) to be used on Jan. 1, 2019
Air Miles Quote: 7,150 MILES

Reward Item: 1-Day Peak Ticket for Magic Kingdom Park 2 Adults (Ages 10+) & 2 Children (Ages 3-9) to be used on Jan. 1, 2019
Air Miles Quote: 7,575 MILES

Reward Item: 4-Day Ticket with Admission to 1 Park Per Day 2 Adults (Ages 10+) to be first used Dec. 28, 2019 – NON CANADIAN RESIDENT DISCOUNT TICKETS AS THEY WILL BE USED BY NON-CANADIANS
Air Miles Quote: 11,400 MILES

YIKES! Those are crazy "prices". A 4-day is 5,700 miles? Isn't a 5-day 5,100?

I haven't received mine either...

Correct, there was no time frame on this offer. We had them post fairly soon after completing the 3 transactions, but I'm not sure if that's because it was also pretty close to the end of our billing cycle. Most people have reported already having them post so i would do an online chat and ask what gives. Be prepared for the answer of "120 days for bonus miles" OR "this was targeted so maybe it's not available to you" Good luck hunting, if you need supporting documentation search this thread only using the term Mastercard -- make it look like this, and then read thru my posts till you find what you can use to fight for those miles!

upload_2018-10-10_18-44-43.png
Sobey's posted. I received the 750 airmiles for gift cards from Saturday.

No special app offers or Rexall flu email airmiles here. We did the flu one last year, maybe that's why??

Yup, my miles for the gift card are there now as well! The flu shot email bonus, i did it last year as well so that's not why .. could always try signing up again

YIKES! Those are crazy "prices". A 4-day is 5,700 miles? Isn't a 5-day 5,100?

The current 5 day has a must use date of Dec. 31, 2018. It will be interesting to see what the new ticket prices are on Oct. 16 when Disney changes their ticket format. This quote is good for 2 weeks, so it may prove to be a good deal after all.

I asked for the same 1 day ticket prices in March of this year that expired Dec. 31, 2018 and was quoted 6700 and 7100. The current cash price price on the Disney website would be $475, $495 and $810 US for the same offers quoted.

Last edited:
My 750 Sobeys airmiles for the GC posted but I am still waiting on the Foodland 750 airmiles to post.
I am still waiting on the Mastercard 500 posting,,not looking forward to that chat.
Flu shot --I did last year and this year (sign up online ) and got the airmiles for both years.
The thing is because I have had Shingles twice I can't get the flu shot at Rexall--they refused me when i filled out their questionnaire,,I have to get the shot from my doctors office--hate going there as everytime I do I pick up a cold.

Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter