Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Thank you so much Ottawamom!! That answers all my questions.
I think my strategy would be to keep the vouchers and use them on sale items and things that are regularly priced at Sobeys, and do the rest of my shopping elsewhere. It would take longer to maximize their use and divert the funds to my vacation account that way, but I have time. :)

Shop The Block airmiles question!
I am waiting for my 2000 airmiles from the Shop The Block promotion. I believe it can take up 120 days to be given the miles. For people who have done this kind of promotion before, how long does it usually take? The 120 days? I need to order Disney tickets for our march vacation and I was hoping to receive these miles to purchase another ticket with my miles. Should I hold out a few more days to see if I will get the miles or just order the Disney tickets and pay for them?

There have been posts about the STB Bonus miles being posted late January. Given that you are going March Break and will want to make Fastpass reservations that may be cutting it too close. If you live in Toronto and they have the tickets in stock when you order, then you likely would get your ticket withing 2 or 3 days, elsewhere in the country you are likely looking at a week or two from the time of ordering.

This assumes all gets posted correctly with your STB promotion and that you don't have to follow up a fight for a higher reward level. You may want to consider purchasing your ticket with the Canadian discount through Disney and bank those airmiles for another adventure.

Hmmmm...
No threshold Load and Go at Rexall and No Rexall coupon email??? Hmmm....
Might have to reconsider my shop for this week............
Hugs Mel

I'm kinda hoping they are just playing games with us to keep us on our toes in January. Last week that infamous (Ottawa area) coupon popped up randomly on a Tuesday. If they are going to have the offers only good for Wednesday and Thursday then we still have tomorrow to see something shows up.

If not I'll make my purchases where the prices are the cheapest. (Are you listening Rexall, keep those Airmiles coming or we're shopping elsewhere)

Just back from my 4h grocery run (2h in car)! Went to Foodland and Rachelle-Béry and collected 405 AM. DH calculated that it was worth it for me to drive to Foodland in ON when I can accumulate at least 200AM.

These are the special I found in-store at Foodland that I didn't see posted here or in the flyer:
Quaker Oat: 15AM when you buy 2 1kg bags at 3.99$ each (Quaker oatmeal in individual packets also had AM but I don't remember the details)
Special K cereals: 50AM when you buy 3 boxes at 3.99$ (pretty good promotion since at IGA_QC the equivalent promotion this week is Get 20 AM when you buy 2). I think the Quaker Granola cereals had the same promo.
Clorox products: 5AM when you buy 2

Now my freezer is full of Villagio bread. Luckily, its our favourite brand so it won't be a problem eating it. ;)

Do the travel certificates have an expiry date? Just wondering if you can collect travel certificates over a longer period of time, or do you have to save up AM's and buy them all at once.

So they can be used towards Disney hotels still? Directly through AM's? What about Disney vacation packages?

This is what I'm wondering as well. With TripCentral in NS and NB only, we have to have ALL of the certificates at the time of booking and pay in FULL.

Also, will you still be able to use the certificates once Air Miles rolls out the new online booking system?

So I reviewed the chat message again, and in between the agent quoting me terms and conditions, they also said "you can redeem for the trip central certificates and you can use up to 10 certifcates" (specifying trip central as I am in NS), and also this, in response to me asking how do I get my Disney Package vacation (like I used to get when I called AM package department):

Georges: the travel agents book with the suppliers (ie the tour operator)

Georges: and those are the same suppliers for the travel agents

Georges: so in other words instead of booking with X travel agent you are having the flexibility to access more travel agents from a list online and book your Disney Package vacation with the travel agent you pick

So I hope that's as clear as mud. And, in copying and pasting, I just noticed the giant red flag of: up to 10 certificates....

um, that's only $1000 LOL

Edit to add: I wonder if that is 10 certificates per person, or per double occupancy booking?

We were outta town for a bit and i couldn't answer this using my phone .... sorry!
OK, for the travel vouchers (and i won't be getting into the can of worms over the value now compared to before or in the future since this isn't something we can solve or pretend to comprehend!)

1. Vouchers do NOT expire - someone has some of them already and shared the fine print with us (@bababear_50)
  2. There is no limit to the number of dream vouchers you can use this info is on BOTH the AM site and the travel agency site
  3. These can only be used on package or cruise bookings, so no go on the Disney rooms
  4. There will be an option to book travel packages/cruise on-line at some point in 2018 (i ain't holding my breath on a timeline)
  5. Deciding to cash in as soon as you get enough for a voucher is a personal thing, for us it's fun watching the balance grow -- but dang thing hasn't budged since the new year, but others want to have them in hand.
What you've seen and experienced with customer service (both on-line, over the phone & even in person) is confusion over a relatively new system that is just different enough from the previous one to be mistaken as NOT different. THAT had a limit to the quantity of vouchers used (still exists for cash vouchers) Add a dash of some AM reps who are still pretty green and things get messy. I'm by no means an expert on this subject, just sharing the info I've collected in my files :D

Hmmmm...
No threshold Load and Go at Rexall and No Rexall coupon email??? Hmmm....
Might have to reconsider my shop for this week............
Hugs Mel

I'm kinda hoping they are just playing games with us to keep us on our toes in January. Last week that infamous (Ottawa area) coupon popped up randomly on a Tuesday. If they are going to have the offers only good for Wednesday and Thursday then we still have tomorrow to see something shows up.

If not I'll make my purchases where the prices are the cheapest. (Are you listening Rexall, keep those Airmiles coming or we're shopping elsewhere)
Last week's Rexall coupon didn't show up until after 9 pm on Monday and LOOK it just got here NOW ( I just refreshed my email and poof it's here now). It's not good IMHO and without a targeted threshold offer I'm not even going to bother using it -- and i have several things i need. Like other have said prices are high on certain items and it's hard for me to get there!

Spend $50.00 get 80 AM Valid Jan 17th & 18th

Here is a prime Rexall example of why they need Air Miles...both load and go and emails.

Aerius 30s are $37.99 at Rexall. They are $27.99 at Walmart. Unless I get at least 100 AM for that individual purchase, I am losing.

Either Rexall needs to continue with the large AM bonuses or they need to considerably lower their prices

Here is a prime Rexall example of why they need Air Miles...both load and go and emails.

Aerius 30s are $37.99 at Rexall. They are $27.99 at Walmart. Unless I get at least 100 AM for that individual purchase, I am losing.

Either Rexall needs to continue with the large AM bonuses or they need to considerably lower their prices
I completely agree. My son takes Reactine. I can get 120 pills at Costco for less than they charge for 30 of them at Rexall. In fact, there is nothing at all that I can find cheaper at Rexall. Add in the fact that it’s one town over, and it makes no sense to go there anymore. I’ll save more not setting foot in the store than I ever will with airmiles at this rate.

I have a couple of targeted offers for Rexall, but I don't think I'd make the $50 if I went and bought only those targeted items. If this keeps up, I'll just go to Safeway, their prices are better and I'll still get air miles.

There have been posts about the STB Bonus miles being posted late January. Given that you are going March Break and will want to make Fastpass reservations that may be cutting it too close. If you live in Toronto and they have the tickets in stock when you order, then you likely would get your ticket withing 2 or 3 days, elsewhere in the country you are likely looking at a week or two from the time of ordering.

This assumes all gets posted correctly with your STB promotion and that you don't have to follow up a fight for a higher reward level. You may want to consider purchasing your ticket with the Canadian discount through Disney and bank those airmiles for another adventure.
Thanks for your thoughts. I think I will do what you suggested. :)

I would have paid ANY price this afternoon at Rexall for some Gaviscon, had a gastritis attack on the way home from Toronto and ran out of my emergency stock before i could get all the way home. Popped into the Rexall that's across from the bus station and discovered Gaviscon was on sale, had bonus miles AND i had a decent targeted offer to combine but the shelf was empty! My favourite cashier came up to me as i pondered the situation and offered to check the order. When she came back empty-handed she confirmed that the email coupon will no longer work at that location, gave me a hug and told me she'd miss me (she knows i only shop there for the miles!!)

The Duck is sad, feels like crap, and really concerned about how we will earn miles towards a holiday now! We've made a total of 121 miles this year so far and that won't cut it! (this is a selfie i took just now :P )

sick-clipart-disney-20.jpg

Hope you're feeling better soon. Nothing worse than being in pain and unable to get something to make it better.

I do have another question though. Why is it that your Rexall is no longer accepting the email coupon. Is it a regular Rexall? I am concerned that the Rexall locations accepting the email may soon be dropping off one by one. I thought they all had to accept them.

I completely agree. My son takes Reactine. I can get 120 pills at Costco for less than they charge for 30 of them at Rexall. In fact, there is nothing at all that I can find cheaper at Rexall. Add in the fact that it’s one town over, and it makes no sense to go there anymore. I’ll save more not setting foot in the store than I ever will with airmiles at this rate.

I take prescription Cetirizine 20 mg. /a.k.a. Reactine.
I bought a pill cutter and just cut them in half which saved me a ton of money.
I have slowly been able to taper off of this medication and only use it in emergencies. I found it was contributing to my weight gain.
In order for me to shop at Rexall I need both a Load-N-Go Rexall threshold offer and an Rexall email coupon to make it worth my while.
No warm woolies from the Pharmacy staff at my Rexall................... I get the feeling I'm interrupting their day.
Lets hope Rexall gets it together soon.
Hugs Mel

Hope you're feeling better soon. Nothing worse than being in pain and unable to get something to make it better.

I do have another question though. Why is it that your Rexall is no longer accepting the email coupon. Is it a regular Rexall? I am concerned that the Rexall locations accepting the email may soon be dropping off one by one. I thought they all had to accept them.
Thanks, tummy has almost settled down but it will be days before i feel like i haven't been run over by a truck!
I guess i didn't make myself clear, let's try this again, shall we?

This Rexall was the first one that followed the wording on the survey coupon and takes it off pre-tax (meaning you need to be well over the threshold to use it!)
NOW they will be following the wording on the coupon that says "Cannot be combined with any other Airmiles store wide coupon or load + go offer" which will eliminate the ability to double-dip. There is zero recourse when it is clearly printed (in very large letters) on the coupon which is why i didn't press last week and why there is no way on-line chat will help either.

There are 3 Rexalls in our city and 2 follow the wording on the coupons to the letter and one of them still lets you use the $5.00 coupon and applies it post-tax, I have no idea how they will handle the bonus miles coupon.

I've had a good run with Rexall, some week's snagging close to 600 AM for just over $100 (multiple sales using the coupon repeatedly) but they are gradually shutting me down -- gone are the paper coupons that i would print multiple copies of and re-use for the 2 week period of time and now this ... <sigh>

The Duck is sad, feels like crap, and really concerned about how we will earn miles towards a holiday now! We've made a total of 121 miles this year so far and that won't cut it! (this is a selfie i took just now :P )

I hope you feel better soon!

My AM account looks just like yours. I’m at a whopping 134 so far this year. It’s brutally slow this year. I’m trying to console myself by telling myself that my miles are low, but so are Rexall’s profits. If we’re all keeping our money in our pockets, or spending it elsewhere, maybe Rexall will get the message.

I’m feeling the same way about Safeway, actually. Other than Blue Friday promotions, I take my grocery shopping elsewhere. It’s too sad to spend 100$ on groceries and earn 5 base miles!

Poor Jacqueline! I hope you're feeling better! I also have digestive issues and before the Holidays I had quite a few days bound to my bed until I could function again. I now cut all dairy and feeling better but Zantac and digestive enzymes are still my best friends sometimes.

Anyone else noticed the 'use some of your AM cash at Shell and get 20AM bonus AM' from the AM app? I first saw it when I switched my app to ON instead of QC but now that I am back to QC it's still on so this offer should be for eastern Canada and ON also.. I tried to pay with my cash AM at Shell in Vankleek Hill yesterday but they couldn't do it at this location. I'll try next time I go to Shell.

Anyone else noticed the 'use some of your AM cash at Shell and get 20AM bonus AM' from the AM app? I first saw it when I switched my app to ON instead of QC but now that I am back to QC it's still on so this offer should be for eastern Canada and ON also.. I tried to pay with my cash AM at Shell in Vankleek Hill yesterday but they couldn't do it at this location. I'll try next time I go to Shell.

This might be account specific, I have this (started Jan 8 until Mar 7) and my husband doesn't ... or we are just missing it!

Hope you feel better soon Jacqueline :flower2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter