Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I've done a search, several in fact to find out who was talking about a product that had bonus miles a loong time ago. I mentioned it and said i thought it sounded gross and was told i needed to re-think the whole product... chocolate fondue in a can. Ring any bells?? Our French members perhaps???? Told us about an amazing ice cream store??
Guess what we found today, in our city!!!!!!
33159063_10213646389328920_3982256714362650624_n.jpg

Well, we couldn't postpone the car shopping any longer & hubby landed a couple of contracts so off we went yesterday and signed our lives away

We had to do the same thing this weekend...only we replaced our 16 yr old truck with another brand new one. I just couldn't justify fixing it to make it reliable again...and they hubby would still worry when taking it on road trips. We are lucky that his brother works for a dealership, so we did get a pretty good deal. We were hoping to not have to replace it before the DD wedding next May...but we had to do it. Part of our deal, was also using our credit card to make the down payment. So we will hopefully get a couple extra miles.
I'll still be collecting like I have been, for items we use. I don't do much stock piling. But I will be using the airmiles to use towards our package for the Dd destination wedding...and using my PC program for extra cash for any excursions, we want to do while in Mexico. We were hoping to have to quilt the extra job before summer as we have been saving, but with the purchase of the new truck...I don't' think it's a possibility right now. OH well....I'm lucky to have 2 jobs.

I've done a search, several in fact to find out who was talking about a product that had bonus miles a loong time ago. I mentioned it and said i thought it sounded gross and was told i needed to re-think the whole product... chocolate fondue in a can. Ring any bells?? Our French members perhaps???? Told us about an amazing ice cream store??
View attachment 324018
We had one open up in Aurora last year. Tried it twice same result. The chocolate was great, but then it was just soft serve ice cream. The chocolate shell is so hard that the kids couldn't bite it and When I did the cone broke to pieces. Tried twice as we always give something another shot just in case. My kids wont go back, they say we will sit at home and have Kawartha Dairy instead.
But there are lots that rave about it and love it. So to each their own.

Its May 22 today and so far this month I've collected only 11 Air Miles! (excluding my MasterCard). I got lots in March and April (esp on home depot gift cards) but there is literally nothing in Ottawa in May....the latest Sobeys flyer claimed 1400 in store but walking the isles I can't fatham this was possible....just no blue tags anywhere. I find my Sobeys offers to be getting more and more stupid....thresholds of $365 to get 35 AM this week

On the weekend my wife notified me she needed to get a bunch of makeup etc at Shoppers...we joined the PC program (points card only) and came away with 168,000 pts. So I am going to seriously focus on this program and when I redeem I will put the equivalent cash into our vacation fund. I see no use it building up PC points (esp with all the theft issues they have had) - so will redeem as quickly as I earn. I expect them to throw around a lot of points for the next few months to get people's faith back in the program after all the negative media attention.

We had one open up in Aurora last year. Tried it twice same result. The chocolate was great, but then it was just soft serve ice cream. The chocolate shell is so hard that the kids couldn't bite it and When I did the cone broke to pieces. Tried twice as we always give something another shot just in case. My kids wont go back, they say we will sit at home and have Kawartha Dairy instead.
But there are lots that rave about it and love it. So to each their own.
Yes, and that's why i loved it because it IS soft serve ice cream -- and really good soft serve. I don't care for hard stuff that needs to be scooped (I'll wait until it gets smooshy to eat it :P ) and I don't like cones AT ALL. SO, i had a small serving of the ice cream, in a cup with the chocolate on it like that -- only charged me for the cone price not a sundae cause i didn't want all the extra goop. Hubby had a small cone and asked for "lightly dipped" because he noticed how thick some were , he also tried a spoon of the pistachio gelato that he loved and figured he'll get that next time. Our girls both had the Kooky Kones that looked like tummy aches in a cone to me. Our D-I-L ended up eating the tip off and then digging the ice cream out with a spoon while she picked the extra stuff off and our D just munched away giggling as she ate. I was pleasantly surprised at the cost compared to when we get conned into taking them to marble slab (i don't care for that!) and next time it won't cost as much because even the small was too big for any of us to comfortably eat.

As my g.pa used to say "it would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing"

Chocolats Favoris are a big deal around here. I personally don’t care much for it and cannot get anything from there now that I am DF but I still buy their cans of chocolate fondue once in a while because the kids love it! In fact, I bought one just last weekend at IGA for our camping trip in June.

that Staples flyer reminds me ..... think of the Air Miles we'll be able to earn on "qualifying electronic purchases and recreational accessories" after July 1st.... ;) That breathalyzer will be the least of the products to earn AM on... HAHAHA

oh and have you seen the new Haazden-Daas (oh I give up on spelling it!) ice cream flavours that are boozy? :D I got my DH the rum and gingersnaps, to which he responded by eating the whole pint in two days!

Its May 22 today and so far this month I've collected only 11 Air Miles! (excluding my MasterCard). I got lots in March and April (esp on home depot gift cards) but there is literally nothing in Ottawa in May....the latest Sobeys flyer claimed 1400 in store but walking the isles I can't fatham this was possible....just no blue tags anywhere. I find my Sobeys offers to be getting more and more stupid....thresholds of $365 to get 35 AM this week

On the weekend my wife notified me she needed to get a bunch of makeup etc at Shoppers...we joined the PC program (points card only) and came away with 168,000 pts. So I am going to seriously focus on this program and when I redeem I will put the equivalent cash into our vacation fund. I see no use it building up PC points (esp with all the theft issues they have had) - so will redeem as quickly as I earn. I expect them to throw around a lot of points for the next few months to get people's faith back in the program after all the negative media attention.
I'm really new to this PC points thing so I'm still trying to understand it. Is 168,000 not valued at $168? What would I expect to spend for that many? Maybe this program is better than I thought.

Shell giftcard deal is back at most GTA locations - May 16th to Sept 2nd. See list of participating stores at www.shell.ca/saveGTA - there's a ton. Plus, there's 5 cents off on gas, which comes off directly (don't have to pay inside).

Has anyone found Toys R Us giftcards at Shell???
Does anyone know if London is participating? I can't figure it out. Thank you

View attachment 324018

Well in the interest of "try it you might like it' I would love to try this place.

0090df5ed0a92a3cd2270cfde7d1785f.jpg

Are you sure about that 168,000....that just doesn't seem possible unless you spent several hundred dollars and even then

Are you sure about that 168,000....that just doesn't seem possible unless you spent several hundred dollars and even then

I believe it! $250 in makeup easy to do, 90,000 points for that, buy 2 gift cards first to pay for it another 30,000, already at 120,000 ... add in food, bonus point promos ....

I believe it! $250 in makeup easy to do, 90,000 points for that, buy 2 gift cards first to pay for it another 30,000, already at 120,000 ... add in food, bonus point promos ....
Counts me out. I would not spend $250 in makeup in ten years and even then........
Still, I'll keep my eye open and see what may come. As I mentioned, I'm new to that program so I'll see where it takes me. I find Loblaws way to expensive for most items and I use Rexall for the AM's but PC is a free program so I'll check it out once in a while.

Counts me out. I would not spend $250 in makeup in ten years and even then........
Still, I'll keep my eye open and see what may come. As I mentioned, I'm new to that program so I'll see where it takes me. I find Loblaws way to expensive for most items and I use Rexall for the AM's but PC is a free program so I'll check it out once in a while.

Do you have a local No Frills? They also do the PC points program, plus they price match. I found it took a few weeks of regular shopping to start getting good offers, but now I regularly get offers on items I use (lots of fruit/veg, bread, bagels, etc). If you price match and use PC points on the same item, the savings can be significant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter