Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Heading to bed and realized i hadn't looked at the Rexall flyers yet!

Ontario Flyer
Western Flyer

• Fri - Sun spend $50 get 60 AM or spend $70 get 100 AM
  • Vitamins: buy 1 get 1 50% spend $30 get 30 AM
  • several items with bonus miles the ratios are not good but when you combine with the threshold spend it helps
There should be a new batch of LnG offers pop up tomorrow, here's hoping there are a few that are sensible!!

New LnG for Rexall for the week. There is a "spend $40 get 60 AM" good Wed & Thur, which is better than the spend $50 get 60 this weekend. A few other random items. I do miss when they tried to target the offers. I need to go to Rexall for some allergy meds, I can't wait to next week though. I thought I had another 10 of them or I would have gone yesterday for the better AMs. Oh well!

We are leaving in a few weeks to spend a week at Universal. The plan was to stay a CBBR, which we love, however we decided that we wanted to spend a day at Disney Springs. If we stayed the whole time at CBBR then we would need to Uber to the resort from the airport, Uber to Disney Springs and Uber back to the resort. Then lightning struck and I had a great thought. Why not spend the first night at a Disney value resort. That means we get Magical express, which is free. We get luggage transfer, I hate having to get my own luggage if I don't have to. We only need to pay for an Uber once, to go from the Disney resort to CBBR. Win, win, win.
As for the rooms at CBBR, we could easily get by with a basic room however I love the space you get with the family Suites. Those things are awesome. If your there for 12 nights that would be my suggestion. You won't regret it.

That certainly is a win for you! I have been playing around with scenarios trying to see if something similiar would work for us. Anything I come up with has us spending more. Unfortunately at too much of a higher cost to take advantage of EMH at AK for just one day at Disney. However, I'm at home most of the time so I can stalk MDX for FPs.

@Disney Addicted it would be my recommendation if you could swing the cost, to stay even just 1 night at a Deluxe Universal area hotel (Portofino, Hard Rock, or Royal Pacific) because that would then get you Express Passes to most of the rides at Universal for the days at the hotel. Like if you check in Monday and check out Tuesday you have the Express Pass for both Monday and Tuesday at the parks. Just my two-cents.

I agree! And if you’re getting an annual pass, use the code APH on the universal site—you get room discounts that help with the cost.

Yes, I read about that, thank you! Staying at RPR the whole time would be too expensive for us right now. Plus I know we will want the extra space at CBBR. However, I haven't priced out a split stay yet. I would like to have EP for one day at each park. Then the other days we don't have to worry about long lines.

I am so pissed right now at PC points!!!!! I just got a very condescending e-mail from them saying my point claim was denied as they have no records of the offers in my account and the invoice and to read the Terms and conditions better next time (I am paraphrasing). Well, since I don't trust their program, I took screenshots of my uploaded offers as soon as the cashier told me the system was down AND I kept my receipt that shows my card was swiped. I sent them everything.

Try the live chat function on the app. They gave me my points right away after the missing point inquiry I submitted didnt even send me an update.

I shopped at Rexall yesterday using DH card. I just looked at L&G offers on each of our accounts. I have a S $40 G 60AM and so does DS, DH does not. I wonder if this is because "he" used the email offer yesterday. Something to keep an eye on going forward. Anyone else with multiple accounts experience this.

I shopped at Rexall yesterday using DH card. I just looked at L&G offers on each of our accounts. I have a S $40 G 60AM and so does DS, DH does not. I wonder if this is because "he" used the email offer yesterday. Something to keep an eye on going forward. Anyone else with multiple accounts experience this.
One account has the threshold the other doesn't and i didn't shop with either card yesterday. AND once again the stupid offers are identical to about 3 weeks ago, come on Rexall, this is pathetic. If i have NEVER bought something I'm not going to just because you keep sending me worthless offers, an entire LITRE of mouthwash and i get 5 AM

All our accounts have the $40/60am offer, 1 account shopped Saturday.

Last edited:
I got an email from Rexall about some “Meet your pharmacist” promo this weekend. Says they are giving out $5 off coupons and having samples etc in store of snack foods?

Looks like this is in Ottawa only.

upload_2018-5-18_14-16-48.jpeg

I’ve noticed billboards everywhere for Rexall. They must be trying to rebrand hard in Ottawa because of all the store closures?

Maybe instead of paying for billboards they could reduce their regular prices? Just a thought.

Shoppers has indigo gift cards 10% off this week.

OT..SDM gift cards are 10% back in points 10k/$100, 15k/$150

Thank you for posting this. My eyes are getting worse, I didn't see the indigo gift card offer in the flyer. Can you pls post a link? The Flipp flyer doesn't seem to show it.

Last edited:
I am so pissed right now at PC points!!!!! I just got a very condescending e-mail from them saying my point claim was denied as they have no records of the offers in my account and the invoice and to read the Terms and conditions better next time (I am paraphrasing). Well, since I don't trust their program, I took screenshots of my uploaded offers as soon as the cashier told me the system was down AND I kept my receipt that shows my card was swiped. I sent them everything.

Good luck getting the points.

A few weeks ago, I ordered online from joefresh. The offer that week was spend $50 get 10,000 PC points. Points weren't updated after my order was delivered. I sent them several "missing points" enquiries on the app. No response whatsoever. I decided to return most of what I ordered, would rather save money than try to chase the $10 in points.

Good luck getting the points.

A few weeks ago, I ordered online from joefresh. The offer that week was spend $50 get 10,000 PC points. Points weren't updated after my order was delivered. I sent them several "missing points" enquiries on the app. No response whatsoever. I decided to return most of what I ordered, would rather save money than try to chase the $10 in points.

I would have done the same and return the goods if it had been a Joe Fresh purchase. But my points are for grocery that has been already eaten! lol. For a few hundred points I would not have been so angry and pushy but I was supposed to get over 27 000 points for that one time at Maxi so I will push to get them and then, I am thinking of cashing in my points and deleting my PC account. Too much trouble for a grocery store and pharmacy I don't like anyway.

I get it. I haven’t had huge issues with PC yet, though I did submit a claim and never heard back at all. But half the reason I barely try with airmiles anymore is that along with the dwindling offers I felt like I was having to fight every other week to prove they messed up. It was getting ridiculous.
I hope you are able to get the points in the end.

Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter