Airmiles ALERT!! Current week's offers start on page 607

Discussion in 'Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board' started by Donald - my hero, Aug 28, 2015.

1. marcyleecorgan

marcyleecorgan DIS Veteran

Egads, just checked Reebee for the upcoming Safeway flyer and UGH. Maybe there's something for y'all but not me.

DH just got put on a low fiber diet by his doctor... which is 180 degrees from where we normally eat. No whole wheat anything? No fruit and no veggies beyond soup/stew fare.... AUGH we eat VERY healthy, this is not easy!!!!

In some re-enactment of a Twilight Zone episode, I now have to go out to the store and spend money on white bread... *resists urge to spit on floor*

bababear_50 likes this.
  2. osully

osully all things disney

And omg the offers starting this Thursday are crummy everywhere.

Will probably go buy more of the bagels on promo at Sobeys that ends today then... 40AM for $15 if I buy 6 packs. And my husband loves bagels!

bababear_50 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. tinkerone

tinkerone DIS Veteran

Question for those who have two AM accounts. Does anyone use the same email address for both? CAN you use the same email address for both? I just checked the email account I set up in association with the AM card I recently set up. There was an offer for 100 bonus AM if I filled up at Shell 3 times in May. If I had seen this the first of the month it would have been easy peasy however I didn't through my own laziness.
    The perfect answer would be to use the same email account for both but not sure if that would work.

bababear_50 likes this.
  5. ilovetotravel1977

ilovetotravel1977 DIS Veteran

I do! We use my email for both accounts since I am the controller of all-things air miles :)

bababear_50 and tinkerone like this.
  6. tinkerone

tinkerone DIS Veteran

Thank you, I just went in and updated my email. Now I'll just wait for the offers to roll in.

bababear_50 likes this.
  7. ilovetotravel1977

ilovetotravel1977 DIS Veteran

I did the same thing with the Sobeys My Offers.

bababear_50 and tinkerone like this.
  8. Silvermist999

Silvermist999 Mouseketeer

I'm in Ontario, GTA actually. I see the No Frills offer but I also like to price match and they only price match at a limited number of competitors. I end up doing more of my shopping at Walmart lately, groceries and household items in one trip. Walmart will price match with anyone, so convenient.

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 4:23 PM
    bababear_50 and pigletto like this.
  9. hdrolfe

hdrolfe DIS Veteran

Stopped at Sobeys for some groceries, got some tortillas, and for some reason I got 40 bonus AM for them instead of 20 (shows the bonus twice), so that's great! At least it's a few miles any way.

10. bababear_50

bababear_50 DIS Veteran

I'm celebrating all my Dis friends today!
    Feel free to join in!
    Hugs Mel
    [​IMG]

11. alohamom

alohamom DIS Veteran

Whoo hoo a Dis-friends celebration! Count me in, you guys are AWESOME!!!!

upload_2018-5-16_20-6-17.png

12. osully

osully all things disney

The best thing hapenned to me at Sobeys tonight. I decided to stop in and get 6 more packs of bagels, so $15 and 40AM, and ended up getting 20 AM for each 2 packs! 60AM for $15! Plus a few loaded offers... Spent $22 for 71 AM!

LOL I'm good for the week.

13. Donald - my hero

Donald - my hero <font color=blue>Aww yes. The dreaded "mouse hand"

YEeessssSSS a celebration!!!
    I'll join in and I'm gonna have sumtin terribly ooey-gooey good just because i deserve it! Why not blow my own horn here as well as on FB - today marks 10 years at my goal weight and if anyone follows the WW programme this comment will make some sense "120 weigh-ins and i didn't pay ONCE"
    Here's something for EVERYONE to enjoy
    upload_2018-5-16_21-8-58.jpeg

14. bababear_50

bababear_50 DIS Veteran

Congrats Hon!!
    We are so proud of you!!!
    Hugs Mel
    Now lets eat!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    cheers!

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 9:29 PM
  15. Days In the Sun

Days In the Sun Mouseketeer

Did this too and came to post! For any last minute runners, on my receipt it looks like the bagels (12 grain, everything) went through double counted, bread did not.

16. Donald - my hero

Donald - my hero <font color=blue>Aww yes. The dreaded "mouse hand"

Weekly flyer link updates are done on the first post and here's the Duck's musings:
    Sobeys

Urban Fresh

• Marc Angelo Kabobs or Souvlaki $6.99 buy 2 get 25 AM
    • 6 pack of croissants $3.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
    • Cashmere toilet paper, sponge towels or Scotties tissues $6.99 buy 2 get 30 AM
    Western Flyer
    • Fri-Sun spend $100 get 100 AM
    • Bothwell cheese starting at $4.79 buy 2 get 15 AM
    • Dempsters bread or hotdog/burger buns $2.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
    • your standard blood glucose monitor offer
    • Coppertone sunscreen $8.99 buy 2 get 20 AM
    • Thursday - Sunday spend $150 on booze get 150 AM
    • Seems that May 19th is "world whiskey day" and there are several with big bonus miles :P
    Atlantic Flyer
    • Thursday - Sunday spend $150 get 95 AM
    • Large crispy taters $4.99 buy 1 get 10 AM
    • some kind of scratch ticket
    • Spam $4 buy 2 get 10 AM
    • Compliments apple sauce $1.49 buy 2 get 5 AM
    • Myers cleaner/soap $4.99 buy 1 get 7 AM
    • $50 gift card from Kent, NSLC PEI liquor stores (i think?) get 25 AM
    • Some things that are embarrassing to put here .. ok pads, tampons, condoms & lubricants confusing math miles range from 5 - 25 AM :confused3
    Foodland
    Atlantic Flyer
    • exchange a propane tank get 25 AM
    WOW, i agree with the rest of you .. pathetic week!!

ottawamom and bababear_50 like this.
  17. osully

osully all things disney

I have a Spend $10 Get 10AM from Metro in the app. Not much but it’s better than spending $10 and getting nothing!

18. ottawamom

ottawamom DIS Veteran

Donald, thanks for the heads up about Urban Fresh. I glanced at the flyer yesterday and didn't notice the deals you pointed out. Will have to head downtown on Saturday and pick a few things up.

bababear_50 and Donald - my hero like this.
  19. dancin Disney style

dancin Disney style <font color=blue>I found one to share with some fa

We've talked lots about the travel vouchers. Has anyone actually used them yet? How did that go?

Also, when you ordered how long did it take for them to arrive? I mean the dream mile vouchers.

I'm still on the fence about a late summer vacation with DD. Right now I'm leaning towards Punta Cana and I found a good deal on a resort that a friend is at right now. He thinks it's absolutely incredible so of course it's got me excited to go. The thing is the price just jumped up $400 and prior to that it was already a tad on the 'pushing it too far' side. I'm thinking if I get $500 in dream mile vouchers it brings it back to a more palatable amount. I'm aware that you can't use them for Sunwing which is fine because I would never travel with them anyway.

bababear_50 and kerreyn like this.
  20. bababear_50

bababear_50 DIS Veteran

Airmiles travel dream mile vouchers:
    I haven't used them yet. I gave them to my son who is going to use them next year.

When I ordered them they came within 3 days by courier.
    Right now you have to go into a travel agency to use them,,I know that Airmiles said they are going to have something online in the future but no luck yet.

Edited to add: and after a lengthy chat online this morning they still can't answer when they will be ready for people to do online bookings.

Hugs Mel

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 9:27 AM
    dancin Disney style and kerreyn like this.
  21. kerreyn

kerreyn Mouseketeer

Same - I haven't used vouchers yet, but from the time of order to shipping notice and receiving them, I'd say it took a week, and I'm in AB.

bababear_50 likes this.