Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I’ll use my PC points to cash in for Disney gift cards We are thinking of going next May
Are we able to do this again? I thought for awhile they wouldn't allow using points towards GC? Maybe I was mistaken, this would be awesome, as I agree with you, PC points work really well for my family too.

Are we able to do this again? I thought for awhile they wouldn't allow using points towards GC? Maybe I was mistaken, this would be awesome, as I agree with you, PC points work really well for my family too.
Not technically. What I do is every time I hit $100 worth of PC points I grab a $100 gift card on my next grocery shop. I get over $100 worth of groceries and pay for it all by using $100 worth of PC points and cash for the rest. The key is that you have to have more in groceries than gift cards. So technically I am using the PC points to cover the groceries and buying the gift card with cash but it works for my purposes.

I recently redeemed $150 PC Points for MasterCard gift cards - split up into 3 separate shopping trips. I've been down to $20 in points for the past several weeks. My offers have been horrible lately.

I recently redeemed $150 PC Points for MasterCard gift cards - split up into 3 separate shopping trips. I've been down to $20 in points for the past several weeks. My offers have been horrible lately.
I’m not sure what province you are in. I am averaging a good $20 - $30 a week just doing my regular shopping. BUT.. I’m shopping around to work the program a bit. I will go to Zehr’s for one or two things if they are big points and I stock up. I get a personal offer or a text offer or a flyer offer for 20x the points almost every week for Shoppers. So I go to Shoppers and spend $50 ( I get my bread, milk, eggs there ) and get $15 in points back.
This weekend at NoFrills is going to be Spend $125 get $15 in points back. There’s also an in store offer for $8 points if you spend $30 on Frozen PC burgers or Coke products. I’ll get a few boxes of burgers for the summer with my regular groceries and end up with $22 in points before I even use the personal offers.
On the one regular PC thread I follow on another forum, some people were saying they aren’t getting offers at all and nobody knows why. I’ve been lucky that they are still coming .. I hope it doesn’t dry up.

I’m not sure what province you are in. I am averaging a good $20 - $30 a week just doing my regular shopping. BUT.. I’m shopping around to work the program a bit. I will go to Zehr’s for one or two things if they are big points and I stock up. I get a personal offer or a text offer or a flyer offer for 20x the points almost every week for Shoppers. So I go to Shoppers and spend $50 ( I get my bread, milk, eggs there ) and get $15 in points back.
This weekend at NoFrills is going to be Spend $125 get $15 in points back. There’s also an in store offer for $8 points if you spend $30 on Frozen PC burgers or Coke products. I’ll get a few boxes of burgers for the summer with my regular groceries and end up with $22 in points before I even use the personal offers.
On the one regular PC thread I follow on another forum, some people were saying they aren’t getting offers at all and nobody knows why. I’ve been lucky that they are still coming .. I hope it doesn’t dry up.

I have a spend $50, get 15000pt at Shoppers good for tomorrow. I think it can stack with the in flyer offers and the 20x on milk that I have (I'm not positive about the milk, the wording is odd). I will get between 15000 and 20000 for a $50 spend on things I will buy there anyway because they are on sale (milk, coffee, etc). My offers are as good as they were before the merger, but I know that isn't true for everyone.

I just wish they wouldn't bother with the spend $100/get 10000pts that is only good for the 2 days after I just did my weekly shop! It's so frustrating to see those and know I'll never use them...

Hi purple hippo. Did you go New Years Eve? Did you get your SW tickets with AM, and if so, what happened?
Yes we went New Years Eve and had a great time! We spent the entire day there and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! I did get our tickets with AM back in September or October and then on Blue Friday bought QQ passes, dining plan and dine with Shamu. The park was busy compared to other days I have heard other people experience, but nothing out of hand. I would definitely get the QQ passes if going then....the kids really benefited it from it for the coasters and we would have skipped the penguin ride/experience if we didn't have it and that would have been a shame as we really enjoyed it! You wouldn't need the dining plan and dine with Shamu but I figured since we would be there about 14 hours and I have two guys that like to eat and it was a good deal so I went for it. It was a great day and wouldn't change a thing! I'm not sure if we will ever be back but we lived it up while we were there! We didn't try to upgrade our tickets or anything as we changed our plans and went to Universal for a few days instead of DC. I did also get Busch Gardens tickets through AM before our trip as well. AM came out with a two park ticket (SW and BG) after I got my SW tickets so I had to get my tickets separate. Just a heads up in case you are looking at doing both parks.

Metro Ontario
Link your card
get 50 bonus airmiles
May 17-23 only
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/metro-on-flyer-may-17-to-23/all

Foodland Ontario
buy 3 bags of compliments chips get 20 bonus airmiles
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/foodland-on-flyer-may-17-to-23/all

Sobeys Ontario
says 1400 available but i think you'd have to go into the store and hunt these down.
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/sobeys-on-flyer-may-17-to-23/all

We have a couple of Birthdays coming up and we usually order in Swiss Chalet or Montanas so I think I'll pick up some GC at Shell gas station.
getcatalogimage.mtw

680 The Queensway, Etobicoke, ON M8Y 1K9

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Metro Ontario
Link your card
get 50 bonus airmiles
May 17-23 only
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/metro-on-flyer-may-17-to-23/all

Foodland Ontario
buy 3 bags of compliments chips get 20 bonus airmiles
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/foodland-on-flyer-may-17-to-23/all

Sobeys Ontario
says 1400 available but i think you'd have to go into the store and hunt these down.
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/sobeys-on-flyer-may-17-to-23/all

We have a couple of Birthdays coming up and we usually order in Swiss Chalet or Montanas so I think I'll pick up some GC at Shell gas station.
getcatalogimage.mtw

680 The Queensway, Etobicoke, ON M8Y 1K9

Hugs Mel

I wonder what would happen if I ever found the time to go in to Sobeys and actually count how many AM they are actually offering in store. Would there be any repercussions for them lying? Because I've been in my local store before and I can't imagine how they would get to 1400 with the in-store offers. I've wandered around enough to see very few actual offers available...

I wonder what would happen if I ever found the time to go in to Sobeys and actually count how many AM they are actually offering in store. Would there be any repercussions for them lying? Because I've been in my local store before and I can't imagine how they would get to 1400 with the in-store offers. I've wandered around enough to see very few actual offers available...

Yep me toooo,,I've actually taken a notebook and carefully scanned and recorded all the isles,,I've never found 1400 in store Airmile deals. If this is their new way of getting people to come in to shop,, it is an epic fail for me. I am just not bothered to shop there anymore.
Hugs Mel

I was actually contemplating doing the very same thing. The pickings are absolutely pathetic these days. Almost makes me contemplate giving up the hunt. I'm not quite there yet but I'm close.

DH got an offer through email yesterday. Earn 150AM before May 29th and he'll earn an extra 75AM. I'll do that for him but I'm beginning to think it is going to be a tough job getting there.

I have a spend $50, get 15000pt at Shoppers good for tomorrow. I think it can stack with the in flyer offers and the 20x on milk that I have (I'm not positive about the milk, the wording is odd). I will get between 15000 and 20000 for a $50 spend on things I will buy there anyway because they are on sale (milk, coffee, etc). My offers are as good as they were before the merger, but I know that isn't true for everyone.

Double check on the milk. When I tried to add to a spend threshold offer, since it is a provincially-regulated item, it's omitted from some offers. Now, if you have a specific 20x the milk offer, that is different. I used to get those from Shoppers every week, but since the program changed I haven't had it once!

I think will also be jumping back into the airmiles game. I have a goal to earn ONE 7 day Disney ticket this year. More would be great, but the PC program works out so much better for our household that I think I will set my sights low for the airmiles. Even one ticket will save me $500 so it’s nothing to sneeze at. I’ll use my PC points to cash in for Disney gift cards We are thinking of going next May. I’ll have a decent start on that ticket when the Mega Miles post.

We can do that with PC Points? Use the points to purchase Disney gift cards?

Whoops - sorry. I didn't read for enough ahead in the posts. I read how you work it after I posted the question. Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes we went New Years Eve and had a great time! We spent the entire day there and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! I did get our tickets with AM back in September or October and then on Blue Friday bought QQ passes, dining plan and dine with Shamu. The park was busy compared to other days I have heard other people experience, but nothing out of hand. I would definitely get the QQ passes if going then....the kids really benefited it from it for the coasters and we would have skipped the penguin ride/experience if we didn't have it and that would have been a shame as we really enjoyed it! You wouldn't need the dining plan and dine with Shamu but I figured since we would be there about 14 hours and I have two guys that like to eat and it was a good deal so I went for it. It was a great day and wouldn't change a thing! I'm not sure if we will ever be back but we lived it up while we were there! We didn't try to upgrade our tickets or anything as we changed our plans and went to Universal for a few days instead of DC. I did also get Busch Gardens tickets through AM before our trip as well. AM came out with a two park ticket (SW and BG) after I got my SW tickets so I had to get my tickets separate. Just a heads up in case you are looking at doing both parks.

I'm glad your family enjoyed yourselves!

I just read about DC/SW specials on Blue Friday last night. From what I read it looks like that happens once a year in November, is that correct?

We're looking at going August 2019. Four - 6 days in Universal Studios, 1 day Animal Kingdom, 1 day shopping, I'd love a day at Discovery Cove and figure since it comes with SeaWorld & Aquatica admission, we will go to SW for sure and maybe also Aquatica. I have not done research on SeaWorld or Aquatica yet. With a day at Volcano Bay and hopefully Discovery Cove, I'm not sure my family will want to visit Aquatica as well. We're also not big on coasters so we may only spend half a day at SeaWorld. I don't know yet.

My current plan is:

Covered already
- airfare (covered with our WJ travel credit)
- four 3 day 3 park-to-park tickets Universal Studio tickets (Air Miles)
- upgrade passes to US Season Passes for more days in US and APH rate for room (about $100 in survey cash)
- four 1 day Animal Kingdom tickets (I have Disney Gift Cards set aside from surveys that will cover this)
- four Discovery Cove Dolphin experience (Survey cash) *
- SeaWorld - admission free if we purchase the DC tickets
- Aquatica - admission free if we purchase the DC tickets

Save up cash to cover
- hotel
- meals
- Uber

The hotel cost depends on how many nights we stay in Florida and if we stay at just 1 hotel or split hotels. Right now CBBR is quoting (12 nights):
Courtyard Family Suite = $1,958
Volcano Room = $1,782
Poolside room = $1,695.

Does Air Miles offer tickets for Discovery Cove in the summer months? I'd love to get them through AM if so, but I'm not sure I could save enough AMs for them. Even 1 or 2 would be a great help. I could funnel that survey cash towards the hotel or meals instead.

The hotel cost depends on how many nights we stay in Florida and if we stay at just 1 hotel or split hotels. Right now CBBR is quoting (12 nights):
Courtyard Family Suite = $1,958
Volcano Room = $1,782
Poolside room = $1,695..
We are leaving in a few weeks to spend a week at Universal. The plan was to stay a CBBR, which we love, however we decided that we wanted to spend a day at Disney Springs. If we stayed the whole time at CBBR then we would need to Uber to the resort from the airport, Uber to Disney Springs and Uber back to the resort. Then lightning struck and I had a great thought. Why not spend the first night at a Disney value resort. That means we get Magical express, which is free. We get luggage transfer, I hate having to get my own luggage if I don't have to. We only need to pay for an Uber once, to go from the Disney resort to CBBR. Win, win, win.
As for the rooms at CBBR, we could easily get by with a basic room however I love the space you get with the family Suites. Those things are awesome. If your there for 12 nights that would be my suggestion. You won't regret it.

@Disney Addicted it would be my recommendation if you could swing the cost, to stay even just 1 night at a Deluxe Universal area hotel (Portofino, Hard Rock, or Royal Pacific) because that would then get you Express Passes to most of the rides at Universal for the days at the hotel. Like if you check in Monday and check out Tuesday you have the Express Pass for both Monday and Tuesday at the parks. Just my two-cents.

@Disney Addicted it would be my recommendation if you could swing the cost, to stay even just 1 night at a Deluxe Universal area hotel (Portofino, Hard Rock, or Royal Pacific) because that would then get you Express Passes to most of the rides at Universal for the days at the hotel. Like if you check in Monday and check out Tuesday you have the Express Pass for both Monday and Tuesday at the parks. Just my two-cents.

I agree! And if you’re getting an annual pass, use the code APH on the universal site—you get room discounts that help with the cost.

I have Sobeys BMO AirMiles MasterCard and the benefit used to just be 2x base AM at Sobeys - so if I spent $20 in store I got 1 base AM + 1 bonus AM. Only 1AM per dollar spent everywhere else.

Got an email this morning saying it will now be 2x base miles at all AM sponsors! So 2 miles for every Shell fill up. 2 miles for every $20 spent at Metro.

Non AM sponsor spending will still be 1AM per $20 spent.

I’m pretty happy to hear this as we go to Shell and Metro quite often now too!

Here is a link: https://www.bmosobeys.com/en/?geoip&region=on

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter