Airmiles Armchair Chatter

For all of you expert collectors, I'm about 15-20 miles short for my next 3 day hopper pass and I'm trying to get it while the redemption still reflects the Canadian discount and before they raise them (which could be any day). What 's the cheapest and quickest way to get 20 miles - I'm planning on using the MM Foodland coupon but I think they take at least a week to post?

Hi Hon
Do you have anything in your Rexall Load And Go?
New deals should post tomorrow as the current ones end today.
https://loadandgo.airmiles.ca/#/guest/login

Here is this weeks flyer link
Starts tomorrow
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/rexall-pharmaplus-on-flyer-march-23-to-29/all

Here are a few Shell offers
https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/IssuanceMilesOffers
they also post *no guarantee* in a couple of days

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
That time when you can't sleep, even though the alarm is set for 4:30 and you realize the Rexall flyer will now be live, so you look at it and realize you don't have enough cash miles!!!

Rexall ON
Rexall West

View attachment 310399
SO if you want to take advantage of this offer AND the Metro MM coupon you will need to have this 295 + another 95 = 390 cash miles. The Duck only has 343. But, a quick change on my preference to 100% cash that will take place in 90 minutes and a stop at Rexall tomorrow to spend $40, use the MM coupon AND my LnG offer and I'll earn 100 miles!! I actually have several things i need at Rexall so can easily spend $40 AND the $50 on the weekend.

ETA .. yeah decided my sleep-deprived brain was making me spend $40 to get 100 AM that i would turn around and need to spend another 50 to get those into the dream account...so switched it back to 100% dream and ignore a Rexall stop tomorrow It still happened before the 3 am cutoff so my account just looks loopy now:P
I am in the same situation. I have 297 AM and would use these to shop at Metro three times to get 150 AM and hopefully spend $0. I was thinking about trying to get cash miles at Rexall then realized I would be spending more for the same 150 AM.

So... the discounted tickets are still up for grabs. Still says must be used in 2018 but a) that would be for the full value & b) your mileage may vary since a lot of people have entered those and found that they are good til 2030...

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/ProductTicketingDetails?productId=prod2676537

Weird.

Problem with those tickets is that you can't alter them. So if you want park hoppers, you are stuck waiting until the non-Canadian discounted tickets come up. That's our situation. Since not everyone in our group has air miles, they'll be getting hoppers, so those tickets are useless to us. It would be nice if they had both available.

for PC Optimum in the west...I seen the new No Frills flyer last night at work, if you spend 175.00 you get 17,500 points this weekend. Not sure If I actually NEED 175.00 worth of groceries this week, with us heading to Calgary to spend the weekend with the daughter. But thought I would pass this along to anyone who might find it useful

So anyone remember back in December when BMO Mastercard Air Miles sent out an email saying if you do this many transactions in December you will receive this many miles? From what I recall everyone had different amounts. I completed the transactions but haven't received the air miles, has anyone else received these ones yet? Who would you contact about this, air miles or mastercard?

Has anyone done the Rexall use 285 get 100 deal yet? I just got back and it doesn't show on my receipt. Its the first time I have ever had a Rexall offer not show. The 40 for MM shows as well as 2 for the spend. The cashier said it could take up to 8 weeks however I have my doubts. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue.

Has anyone done the Rexall use 285 get 100 deal yet? I just got back and it doesn't show on my receipt. Its the first time I have ever had a Rexall offer not show. The 40 for MM shows as well as 2 for the spend. The cashier said it could take up to 8 weeks however I have my doubts. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue.
I’ve done that one in the past. It doesn’t show on the receipt, it will come later. Maybe 2 weeks.

It will show up eventually and once it was so long i forgot i had been waiting for it. It never shows on the receipt I've done it often.

So anyone remember back in December when BMO Mastercard Air Miles sent out an email saying if you do this many transactions in December you will receive this many miles? From what I recall everyone had different amounts. I completed the transactions but haven't received the air miles, has anyone else received these ones yet? Who would you contact about this, air miles or mastercard?

I got this offer and my miles posted Jan 29.

I got this offer and my miles posted Jan 29.

Grrr... thanks! Guess I missed getting it. Anyone know if this is an air miles issue or a mastercard issue?

I've been looking into this since you asked to see if i could find info about this promo ... discovered that we didn't get those miles either! I KNOW we completed the offer because we only had to use our card 20 times and we were already doing that for the StB offer, it just never crossed my mind that we hadn't actually received the bonus miles!!
How did they post to your account? From Mastercard or AM? I tried to follow the link in the original email but it's no longer active so i don't know who we should follow-up with :confused3

Grrr... thanks! Guess I missed getting it. Anyone know if this is an air miles issue or a mastercard issue?
I've been looking into this since you asked to see if i could find info about this promo ... discovered that we didn't get those miles either! I KNOW we completed the offer because we only had to use our card 20 times and we were already doing that for the StB offer, it just never crossed my mind that we hadn't actually received the bonus miles!!
How did they post to your account? From Mastercard or AM? I tried to follow the link in the original email but it's no longer active so i don't know who we should follow-up with :confused3
I had an issue once with not getting the right amount of miles from my Amex on a specific purchase. Air Miles told me I had to deal with Amex.

Mine showed up Jan 30th and shows they are from BMO with 'BMO BONUS REWARD MILES' for the explanation. It was for 230 AM but I know everyone's was different.
Hope this helps.

Problem with those tickets is that you can't alter them. So if you want park hoppers, you are stuck waiting until the non-Canadian discounted tickets come up. That's our situation. Since not everyone in our group has air miles, they'll be getting hoppers, so those tickets are useless to us. It would be nice if they had both available.

OH! Ok - I thought you could pay when you activate them for park hopper extra? Anyways we didn’t really park hop on our last trip, besides one day, so it’s not a big deal for us. :)

You should be able to upgrade your tickets to park hoppers when you get there and pay the difference.

OH! Ok - I thought you could pay when you activate them for park hopper extra? Anyways we didn’t really park hop on our last trip, besides one day, so it’s not a big deal for us. :)

You should be able to upgrade your tickets to park hoppers when you get there and pay the difference.
There have been 3 different answers to this question of upgrading the CDN discounted tickets in any fashion
  1. During the time period that the tickets were available to purchase directly from Disney *some people* we able to pay just the cost to upgrade from what they had to what they wanted
  2. Once the tickets were no longer available straight up "No can't upgrade at all"
  3. Sure you can upgrade but first bring the cost of what you have in your hand up to the current gate price of the same ticket media and then pay for the upgrade effectively losing any discount received on the initial purchase
At this point in time it will be either 2 or 3, neither of which are cost effective. We have found it's possible to go without hopping, especially on shorter trips when we don't want to waste time traveling between parks.

There have been 3 different answers to this question of upgrading the CDN discounted tickets in any fashion
  1. During the time period that the tickets were available to purchase directly from Disney *some people* we able to pay just the cost to upgrade from what they had to what they wanted
  2. Once the tickets were no longer available straight up "No can't upgrade at all"
  3. Sure you can upgrade but first bring the cost of what you have in your hand up to the current gate price of the same ticket media and then pay for the upgrade effectively losing any discount received on the initial purchase
At this point in time it will be either 2 or 3, neither of which are cost effective. We have found it's possible to go without hopping, especially on shorter trips when we don't want to waste time traveling between parks.

Exactly. We tried to add hopper to our Canadian special tickets last fall after the promotion was over. They wanted to charge us the difference between what we paid for the ticket and what the ticket would be with the hopper at the non discounted price. It worked out to be over $200 per ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter