Airmiles Armchair Chatter

A week maybe 2. But you'll want to have your tickets 30-60 (offsite/on-site) days before travel so you can make fastpass reservations. You'll only a few months until you'll need them.

EDIT: To Add--answered my own question
Terms and conditions
  • Overview
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Maps & Directions
  • Shipping Details

This package includes 2 single admission tickets that can either be used at the same time or on separate visits.

Certificate is valid for 12 months from date of issue. Valid for admission any day. Kids 2 and under are free.

Once booked, no refunds, no upgrades, not valid in combination with any other discount or special offer.

I think I will wait till closer to Christmas time.

Hi Gang
I am thinking of getting two tickets to the Metro Zoo via the airmiles rewards site.
I was wondering if I purchase them do they expire?
Thanks for any help
Hugs Mel

EDIT: To Add--answered my own question
Terms and conditions
  • Overview
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Maps & Directions
  • Shipping Details

This package includes 2 single admission tickets that can either be used at the same time or on separate visits.

Certificate is valid for 12 months from date of issue. Valid for admission any day. Kids 2 and under are free.

Once booked, no refunds, no upgrades, not valid in combination with any other discount or special offer.

I think I will wait till closer to Christmas time.

Hi Gang
I am thinking of getting two tickets to the Metro Zoo via the airmiles rewards site.
I was wondering if I purchase them do they expire?
Thanks for any help
Hugs Mel

I had redeemed for some (silly - that was before I knew of Disney tickets!) in spring but our trip was the same weekend in May that the Zoo strike started! Hoping to get back in time to use them. If not I will offer them up to someone on here!

I had redeemed for some (silly - that was before I knew of Disney tickets!) in spring but our trip was the same weekend in May that the Zoo strike started! Hoping to get back in time to use them. If not I will offer them up to someone on here!

Hi Hon
I was thinking of getting them as a stocking stuffer for my granddaughter for Christmas,,wish they didn't expire.
I will try and get them as close to Dec as possible.
Hope you get to use them.
Hugs Mel

Don't forget the American Express latest Soar into More registration starts today. Spend $100 at stand alone grocery stores between Oct. 1 and Oct. 31, get 400 Air Miles. Easy peasy!

Don't forget the American Express latest Soar into More registration starts today. Spend $100 at stand alone grocery stores between Oct. 1 and Oct. 31, get 400 Air Miles. Easy peasy!

Oh oh. When I go to AMEX's Soar into More webpage, it says "enrollment for this offer has ended".

Fixed! I went back to your first post about this and clicked on your link. That worked for me. Thanks!

Kind of interesting that this offer puts the number of miles over the 'up to 2000' that was stated on the original offer. I wonder if it's going to continue as a regular thing???

It actually won't seem that easy, for me anyways. I do most of my grocery shopping at Real Cdn Superstore/No Frills and Costco - they don't accept Amex.
And I shop at Walmart more often now because I like their price matching - but they aren't "stand alone". Hope there are good deals in October at the "stand alone grocery stores" near me!

I took it to mean the same. Not Wal-mart. Only places considered an actual grocery store. Ie, Metro, Loblaws, Sobey's, Foodland, No Frills.

It would be nice if AMEX actually listed the accepted stores.
Any of the stores under the Loblaw Co. umbrella do not accept Amex. No Frills only accepts MasterCard.

On that note.....My DD is a RCSS manager and since the news was released about PC Financial she has been flooded with customers not understanding the whole thing in particular with regard to the PC MasterCard. So for those of you that may have that card, absolutely nothing is changing with the PC MasterCard. Your PC Plus is unaffected and you don't need to do anything. Continue to use as you have been.

PSA over.

It actually won't seem that easy, for me anyways. I do most of my grocery shopping at Real Cdn Superstore/No Frills and Costco - they don't accept Amex.
And I shop at Walmart more often now because I like their price matching - but they aren't "stand alone". Hope there are good deals in October at the "stand alone grocery stores" near me!
Truthfully it will be a little difficult for me as well. We will be leaving on the 19th of October and I will be gone for a month so that cuts me back to just over two weeks to get this in. Plus, as with you, I normally do most of my shopping at Walmart using their price match. Then there is the fact that it is only the two of us at home so we do not spend tons on food. Having said all that though I'm pretty confident I can do this especially with 400 air miles at stake. I can always pick up my sunscreen, vitamin supplements, personal needs, at a grocery store for a few weeks. I really feel it's doable. We just need to be creative. :magnify: ETA- don't forget about the good old standbys, gift cards! You can purchase those at grocery stores and American Express will never know the difference.

Last edited:
I regularly spend more than 100$ on my AmEx each month at a grocery store (usually Safeway), so I'm not worried about making this reward myself. But for those who are worried: Safeway and Sobeys both take AmEx. And it sounds like more regions are starting to see Blue Fridays (woot!). Blue Friday would be a great time to meet this AmEx goal because you'd be, like, triple dipping or something (great bonus from AmEx, bonus for spending 100$ on an order, plus the actual Blue Friday specials). Blue Friday in Alberta wasn't great last time around for us, so I'm hoping we'll see products that I'm more interested in for my family, but I'm also known to buy donations for the food bank for great mile rewards.

It's just an idea, and it probably won't work for everyone, but it might work for you!

Might need to do our shop at 7am before work next time it's Blue Friday, or see if my husband can pick up the good items. (Though I do admit it's fun to get the deal in person.) :)

If I wait until after I'm finished work at 4:30 then head to the store...the shelves are bare. I will hit them over lunch...and either take what I bought back to work and use the fridge/freezer at work or if I have time...swing by home to drop everything off quickly. The nice thing about our little city, and I'm lucky enough to work fairly close to home, I can zip quick to Safeway...run around quickly with my list and know what I'm wanting, then either zip home or head straight back to work after shopping. I usually only take a half hour, but when it's Blue Friday...I take my full hour and stay a little longer to make up for it.

Kind of interesting that this offer puts the number of miles over the 'up to 2000' that was stated on the original offer. I wonder if it's going to continue as a regular thing???

If their intention is to increase usage of the AMEX cards (and the "if" there is rhetorical - obviously that's the intent), it's working. On me, at least. I hadn't used my AMEX at all in the past year and a half or so. Not since Costco switched to Mastercard. Now I'm carrying it in my wallet again, and using it fairly regularly. Of course, I'm really only using it enough to meet the minimum requirements of the promotions, but that's still a lot more than I was using it a couple of months ago.

Grocery promotion should be fairly easy for me, even though I do get a lot of groceries from Costco, and we're away for several days near the beginning of October.

Truthfully it will be a little difficult for me as well. We will be leaving on the 19th of October and I will be gone for a month so that cuts me back to just over two weeks to get this in. Plus, as with you, I normally do most of my shopping at Walmart using their price match. Then there is the fact that it is only the two of us at home so we do not spend tons on food. Having said all that though I'm pretty confident I can do this especially with 400 air miles at stake. I can always pick up my sunscreen, vitamin supplements, personal needs, at a grocery store for a few weeks. I really feel it's doable. We just need to be creative. :magnify: ETA- don't forget about the good old standbys, gift cards! You can purchase those at grocery stores and American Express will never know the difference.
Think of the non perishables that you could stock up on....paper towel, TP, dishwashing/laundry supplies. Even meat for the freezer. Shouldn't be that hard.

If you are a Rexall shopper this is a better deal. Just pick up the items you would have at Rexall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter