Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Facebook tells me that Sobeys has signed a deal with an online store to "offer consumers the biggest selection, freshest products and most reliable delivery available anywhere on the planet." If I can get Airmiles with home delivery, I would be super happy. I've used the walmart order and pick up the next day when kiddo was sick, but getting home delivery would be even better!

Facebook tells me that Sobeys has signed a deal with an online store to "offer consumers the biggest selection, freshest products and most reliable delivery available anywhere on the planet." If I can get Airmiles with home delivery, I would be super happy. I've used the walmart order and pick up the next day when kiddo was sick, but getting home delivery would be even better!

IGA (QC) that is owned by Sobey's offers it. You order online then you can choose to do a pick-up or have it delivered. There's a small fee attached to it but I usually save a lot more than the fee by not buying impulse buys. I get the same numbers of airmiles than if I was going in the store. I'm surprised Sobey's doesn't offer that elsewhere since it's been offered here for at least 10 years already.

Quick question. Remember the St Hubert chicken broth cartons that we all bought? I just opened one and there was no plastic seal inside. Is that the way they are? I then opened a second one and it’s the same. They both look like there was a seal but it was poked open.

Quick question. Remember the St Hubert chicken broth cartons that we all bought? I just opened one and there was no plastic seal inside. Is that the way they are? I then opened a second one and it’s the same. They both look like there was a seal but it was poked open.

Now many cartons poke the seal when twisting the cap. You know it hasn't been tampered with if the plastic cap is difficult to twist or if you her a click.

I heard about this on the business report this afternoon. They were saying it will still be a few years before we will be able to use it, ao we will have to be patient.

Now many cartons poke the seal when twisting the cap. You know it hasn't been tampered with if the plastic cap is difficult to twist or if you her a click.
The top came off very easily....I paid more attention for the click on the second carton and the lid came off pretty much the same.
What looks like an inner seal was way down in the carton...didn’t look like the lid broke it open. IDK

The top came off very easily....I paid more attention for the click on the second carton and the lid came off pretty much the same.
What looks like an inner seal was way down in the carton...didn’t look like the lid broke it open. IDK
That's how my Campbell's broths have been the last little while, too. I was concerned at first, but 1) it smelled fine 2) it tasted fine 3) we didn't get sick and 4) the next box of broth was exactly the same.

Amazon did not have a multiplier, don't know about ebay.ca. Agree with Damo, easy to go wrong with Amazon. No items in cart before logging in and there are a number of categories that don't qualify, no books, groceries etc.

"Please note: AIR MILES® reward miles will not be earned on Amazon Gift Cards, Books, eBooks, Groceries, Automotive supplies, Tools & Home Improvement, books, or Kindle devices or Kindle eBooks."

Thanks, from the knowledge gained by this thread I told her not to load her cart ahead of time, I believe she had them in her wish list. I am not sure what she bought from Amazon, she lives in Alberta and I live in Ontario. It was probably Xmas presents for her children. I told her to search for her confirmation emails from Amazon and ebay. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Did she make sure when she shopped at Amazon that the items she purchased were NOT in her cart before she logged into airmilesshops.com? I got screwed over with that stipulation once.

Did she shop through ebay.ca or ebay.com?

Not sure which Ebay she shopped at, I will have to ask her. Is only Ebay Canada an Air miles shop? The items from Amazon were not in her cart, but I believe in her wish list. She lives in Alberta, and I live in Ontario. I often get her Air miles in Ontario because it is slim pickings in Alberta. We need another pickle deal, or soup deal so I can build her Air miles. Thanks for your help.

I am showing that one of my qualifying shops was Amazon. It posted on November 30th and did not have a multiplier that I can see. My Roots and Chapters shops that posted on the 24th did have the multipliers (15x and 5x).

Luckily I did four shops because I did another Amazon shop just before the promo ended. I not only shopped for it days before it ended, I was also charged for it in full , it had shipped , and I had received it before the end of the promo. Yet good ol’ airmiles posted the miles 2 days AFTER the promo was over. I am sure it’s in the fine print somewhere so their butts are covered but one has to wonder what the point is in a promo that is good until the 15th if ordering,paying for,and receiving the item by the 11th doesn’t qualify. The online shops are always tricky.

Thanks, I agree I always seem to have problems with Air Miles Shops. I made two separate purchases at Air Miles Shops - Group On last September and one posted and one never posted. I had to put in a missing air miles request.

So how appropriate it is that the 10,000th post was made by @bababear_50 ?? Mel posted the first reply to this thread way back then and has done a lot to keep it active & up-to-date.

DIS%20JS%204046053%20Winnie%20the%20Pooh%20Storybook%202%20L.jpg

All 3 of mine were like that too, I didn't trust them so dumped them all...

Just add another “I only reached onyx because of this thread” post lol! I had no idea what I missing until reading this thread. We are attempting to pull off an April trip to DL for my daughter’s grad photos along with our usual ‘every second year fall trip’ and there’s no way I could’ve even dreamed it would be possible before finding this thread and doggedly searching out the airmiles. Thanks so much everyone!

Thanks, from the knowledge gained by this thread I told her not to load her cart ahead of time, I believe she had them in her wish list. I am not sure what she bought from Amazon, she lives in Alberta and I live in Ontario. It was probably Xmas presents for her children. I told her to search for her confirmation emails from Amazon and ebay. Thanks for your help.

I would have thought adding items from the wishlist into the cart would be fine but don't have any personal experience doing it that way. Yes, she needs to be armed with dates, pretax amounts, what promos she is missing ... and a lot of patience.

FWIW, I use the "save for later" option in Amazon, basically load everything in the cart, save them for later and log out and start again through Airmilesshops. Then once back in Amazon going through Airmilesshops I go into the cart, manually type in everything on the "Saved for Later" list into the search field one by one and re-add each one to the cart checking that each item is in a valid category based on the category Amazon has put it in. Then I delete everything I'm buying off the "save for later" list. It's a bit excessive but it's better than fighting for the miles later. I was "burned" a number of years ago not getting points for books, now all new books I order from Chapters whenever possible.

I use the wish list on Amazon all the time and my miles post just fine -- heck i even got miles for a BOOK i ordered for my son -- wasn't expecting it at all and apparently they had a multiplier offer of some kind in the new year because i got 10 miles for a $25 book?!?! I ain't complaining!

I have had more problems with the airmilesshop portal since they updated the site than i ever used to .. I usually have trouble with Staples during promos (base miles tend to be fine but not the bonus) but now I'm waiting on 7 transactions out of 12 on one card and 2 out of 3 on the other.

Now that the coupon is good only Wed and Thurs you cannot use it on seniors day. Seniors day is every Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter