Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I need to get into serious AM collecting mode...we decided to book a Christmas trip to Disneyland...After my pickles AM post, I will need 478 miles to earn a 5 day Disneyland PH ticket...I am hoping that I can earn them before the Canadian discount special is over....I can't wait to see Disneyland all decorated for the holidays and to see the Nightmare Before Christmas Holiday overlay at the Haunted Mansion!!!!!

I need to get into serious AM collecting mode...we decided to book a Christmas trip to Disneyland...After my pickles AM post, I will need 478 miles to earn a 5 day Disneyland PH ticket...I am hoping that I can earn them before the Canadian discount special is over....I can't wait to see Disneyland all decorated for the holidays and to see the Nightmare Before Christmas Holiday overlay at the Haunted Mansion!!!!!
Unfortunately, the Canadian DisneyLAND deal is over....only DisneyWORLD until May.

If the Metro flyer is any indication of things this week the hunt is back on. By that I mean you are going to have to hunt for those few and far between AM. Metro does have a number of items with AM but they are item for 2.99 buy 2 get 5 AM kind of deals. Great if you were going to pick those items up anyway this week but...

Sobeys Atlantic isn't great either. 25 miles for $25 worth of Shake'n Bake? Stuff like that. I "might" be able to squeeze out 75-100 miles, but I'm not holding my breath. I try to hit 400 miles per month from Sobeys, which I have met for April already.

I hoping Superstore PC Plus offers are good for me this week...

Unfortunately, the Canadian DisneyLAND deal is over....only DisneyWORLD until May.

Thanks Debbie...I did not realize that the offer was not extended for Disneyland as well. Now I have more time to save my AM and maybe earn the 2 tickets I need...

Thanks Debbie...I did not realize that the offer was not extended for Disneyland as well. Now I have more time to save my AM and maybe earn the 2 tickets I need...

I just took a peek and it still lists the disneyland tickets as "special canadian resident offer" on the air miles site. It looks like they'll keep selling the discounted tickets until they're out. So you might be in luck, depending when you can redeem. Good luck!

I just took a peek and it still lists the disneyland tickets as "special canadian resident offer" on the air miles site. It looks like they'll keep selling the discounted tickets until they're out. So you might be in luck, depending when you can redeem. Good luck!
You should get one now and if you earn enough miles get another. I have made that error before and I had to earn another 600 miles when they raised the price.

Well Sobeys has a weird flyer (for Ontario). There are some big 75 or 50AM bonuses! But you have to spend an awful lot to get them... not sure it's worth it. I may get 6 proteninis for $3.99 each to get 75 AM, but it doesn't feel like a good deal. However I do like those little things for work snacks. That's the cheapest of the items listed for the "buy 6 get 75 AM". Any way. When someone with more patience has a chance to look the flyer over I'm sure they will find a better deal.

Now I'm off to get the puppy out of the water dish... sigh. He's full of mischief! And the cats don't like drinking from the fountain after he's been standing in it. Go figure :)

Thanks...just checked as well and it does say that the tickets are only for Canadian residents and that a Canadian passport must be shown to redeem the tickets...it says they must be used by December 31, 2017 and they are while supplies last.

You should get one now and if you earn enough miles get another. I have made that error before and I had to earn another 600 miles when they raised the price.

I still need 478 miles in order to get the 5 day PH pass we want...I am charging everything I can to my AMEX to earn miles...

I just took a look at my AM account and the pickle points have posted but not all of them. I have received the bonus from the first purchase but only the base miles from the second purchase. In total have 394 of the 1527 that I'm due.

All my AM from Metro, Sobeys and Foodland posted a while ago. I made two separate purchases at Foodland last week. Both were relatively small 6 jars of pickles/relish each so I guess they flew under the radar.

Occasionally I've had miles post in delayed increments. Wait until tomorrow and see if the others don't post overnight.

Have anyone been to Rexall? Do they have the use cash miles to earn bonus airmiles deal on? TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_7136.PNG
    IMG_7136.PNG
    109.5 KB · Views: 8
Where did you see that ad?

I never saw it in any of the flyers I read (online or print). It may be that it was something they had in the works before the Cash miles were frozen by AM. Rexall got burned with the first round when AM closed all cash use last month and Rexall had this same promotion on.

Maybe they are bringing it back. I sure hope its not on right now because that would mean a trip to Rexall tomorrow.

Ooooh. That's good for people to know. Disneyland tickets did have an expiry date, though, didn't they ie December 2017?

Where did you see that ad?

I never saw it in any of the flyers I read (online or print). It may be that it was something they had in the works before the Cash miles were frozen by AM. Rexall got burned with the first round when AM closed all cash use last month and Rexall had this same promotion on.

Maybe they are bringing it back. I sure hope its not on right now because that would mean a trip to Rexall tomorrow.
I received that notice in an e-mail earlier this week BUT it never actually showed up in the flyer. Exactly what happened last time they tried this, I saw it a week early, it appeared in the flyer the following week and they couldn't even do it!

When i chatted with AM during that last failed attempted I was told they would be trying to do a similar promotion soon, so let's hope this is it?

Well Safeway is a big loser again for bonus am. They have the 100 bonus when you spend 95 just for two days but no great bonus am on products. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter