Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So I think I just made a big mistake. In November, for the Amex spend $400 get 800 AM promo, I bought a Roomba. I had $400 in gift cards (from various gifts) so I put the rest ($150ish) on my Amex to make up part of the $400. Today I see the Roomba on sale for $50 off. I called and they did some magic keying and she said, 'okay, the $50 will go back onto your Amex card'. Wasn't till I hung up that I realized what that meant.
So do you think they will take back the $800 AM? The $50 will need to be spent, it just will not have happened in November. This could be a serious hit to the AM account........ :(
I keep the fine print for all these offers and unfortunately it doesn't look good for you if this return puts your total under the $400.00 mark (it didn't need to be in one purchase BTW)

The Bonus Miles will be reversed if return or exchange results in less than $400 in qualifying purchase(s) being charged to the enrolled American Express Card or associated supplementary cards during the offer period.

I also just got back from doing the Rexall coupon... oh well.
Can someone please post the link for the new coupon for Thursday.

I just went to Marlin Travel. The lady I spoke with was very up on how you go about paying using AM vouchers (redeeming miles) but had no clue about the STB coupon or how that might work. Turns out that I only had to pay a $500 deposit today, so I've got a couple of days to figure out the best way forward to earn the max miles. We are traveling with Air Transat which I think is a sponsor so hopefully the deposit I paid will earn me 1/$10 on my Amex. If so, is it worth the hassle of going back in to get the bonus 50 miles for buying a GC with the STB coupon? I could buy two GC....one on my card and one on DD's.

I keep the fine print for all these offers and unfortunately it doesn't look good for you if this return puts your total under the $400.00 mark (it didn't need to be in one purchase BTW)

The Bonus Miles will be reversed if return or exchange results in less than $400 in qualifying purchase(s) being charged to the enrolled American Express Card or associated supplementary cards during the offer period.
Thanks, good to know what to expect. On the plus side, I posted last week that I thought I might get the Foodland AM's twice due to an error in their keying and I have in fact received them twice. 260 instead of 130. So there's that. :)

Has anyone used the "use 95Cash AM get 25AM" coupon and received their 25AM in their account yet. I used the one for Metro Nov 23 and haven't seen anything posted yet. Just wondering if anyone else has seen it yet?

Has anyone used the "use 95Cash AM get 25AM" coupon and received their 25AM in their account yet. I used the one for Metro Nov 23 and haven't seen anything posted yet. Just wondering if anyone else has seen it yet?
I just got 25 miles in my account today that said Metro Head office and I had cashed in 95 miles on Nov 24 so I guess that is the reward bonus.

So it says right on the coupon that this cannot be combined with any other Store Wide or Load and Go offer. I am assuming this means I can’t use this coupon and the Shop the Block Spend $40 on Fragrance coupon?
They always say that and it always stacks. At this point no one has been denied so I think it’s reasonably safe to say it will still stack....go for it. If I was able to get there tomorrow I would be doing it.

Foodland was a bust today.

GC promo, out of giftcards (a little surprised they ran out of their own giftcards)
STB 25am cash in 95am, cashier couldn't get it to scan, said "sorry but you'll have to go without". I cashed in but there is no promo number on the receipt.

Hoping to hit Rexall and Sobeys tomorrow.

Sobeys coupon valid Friday Dec 8 to Sunday Dec 10 is 100 Bonus AM when you spend $100, or $10 gift card when you spend $100. You need to give them the cut out coupon from the flyer!

For Sobeys ON.

Delissio pizza and Nestle frozen deal is back too. $3.77 ea + 75AM when you buy 4.

Not too many other great deals though.

Sobeys coupon valid Friday Dec 8 to Sunday Dec 10 is 100 Bonus AM when you spend $100, or $10 gift card when you spend $100. You need to give them the cut out coupon from the flyer!

For Sobeys ON.

Delissio pizza and Nestle frozen deal is back too. $3.77 ea + 75AM when you buy 4.

Not too many other great deals though.

New instore promos should start Friday!

So it says right on the coupon that this cannot be combined with any other Store Wide or Load and Go offer. I am assuming this means I can’t use this coupon and the Shop the Block Spend $40 on Fragrance coupon?
That wording has been on the coupons for well over a year now. They stack no problem .. just put them all out, ask for them to be scanned and let the system figure it out! Some stores are more sticky about the use of coupons than others, like all of the stores in my city apply the $5.00 coupon before tax but in other stores it will come off after and not impact your threshold spend.

Sobeys Atlantic - Buy $200 gift card, get 100 miles
Lawton's Drug - spend $35 on Our Compliments products, get 95 miles; spend $20 on Nivea products, get 50 miles

Gotta vent and I know you folks will understand.....all I got at home was an 'oh well'
Crazy me, went back online last night to the travel site I use to compare prices and the vacation I just booked at 4pm was $500 less than what I paid:headache: Granted it was with AC and I booked AT but still. I really don't care who I fly with so I would have booked AC. I sent an email to the agent to ask if there was anything that could be done as I had book only a few hours prior. I'm hoping that AT will price match or at the very least throw in something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter