Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I was wondering the same thing, but ended up placing an Apple order because I didn't want to wait to see if they posted anything and possibly miss the chance to order my hubby's Christmas gift...

Hubby is the one ordering it...for himself for Christmas...lol

Can you no longer print a temporary card? I can't seem to find the place to do that....hmmmm

My BMO transaction offer is 99 transactions to get 620 airmiles! I think they noticed I stopped spending almost completely after cashing out my airmiles for my cruise...and now they're worried I won't come back to the card, lol. But 620 airmiles...hmmm...now I'm loving it that amazon prime ships stuff separately and randomly. How do we check how many transacitons we're actually up to?

Can you no longer print a temporary card? I can't seem to find the place to do that....hmmmm

It's on the "My Profile" page... near the bottom where it says "Replace a Card" there's a link to print a temporary one.

My BMO transaction offer is 99 transactions to get 620 airmiles! I think they noticed I stopped spending almost completely after cashing out my airmiles for my cruise...and now they're worried I won't come back to the card, lol. But 620 airmiles...hmmm...now I'm loving it that amazon prime ships stuff separately and randomly. How do we check how many transacitons we're actually up to?

You would just go to your online cc transactions and count them.

Has anyone booked a vacation with Marlin Travel?

I think I'm going to book today. How do I maximize AM earnings? I'm looking at the STB coupon for Marlin and it says 50 miles for purchasing a gift card of $100-$2000 dollars. Should I purchase the $2000 dollar card (the trip is $3500) with my Amex...my thinking is that Amex will see it as a sponsor purchase and credit me 1/$10. Last time I booked with them I didn't get that because my card showed a charge from WestJet not Marlin.

If there is no way to get extra miles I'll just book it online but Marlin online is showing the resort I want as sold out but other sites still have it.

Help guys!!!!! If I had booked 10 or so days ago the trip would have been $500 less so now it's panic time.

STOP the presses and hold your Rexall trips off till tomorrow, i just got an early head's up and link to the coupon and as i predicted, it's much better than the one that expires today

Spend $50 get 110 AM Valid Thursday Dec 7th ONLY

@blue888 I hope i caught you before you headed out -- bigger return with this coupon!

Last edited:

I think I'm going to book today. How do I maximize AM earnings? I'm looking at the STB coupon for Marlin and it says 50 miles for purchasing a gift card of $100-$2000 dollars. Should I purchase the $2000 dollar card (the trip is $3500) with my Amex...my thinking is that Amex will see it as a sponsor purchase and credit me 1/$10. Last time I booked with them I didn't get that because my card showed a charge from WestJet not Marlin.

If there is no way to get extra miles I'll just book it online but Marlin online is showing the resort I want as sold out but other sites still have it.

Help guys!!!!! If I had booked 10 or so days ago the trip would have been $500 less so now it's panic time.
Haven't booked with them but i'm doing a bit of research for you, i'll see what i can dig up :D

Ugh! So I made an order for Children's place to use a Shop the Block offer and 1 of my items sold out so my threshold is 3 bucks short so it doesn't count. Seriously thinking of making another and returning the first order when I get it.

Do you have to purchase the gift card in person? If so, I would think it should be under Marlin. If you were purchasing online through airmilesshops, then it would be under that. I think.

Ugh! So I made an order for Children's place to use a Shop the Block offer and 1 of my items sold out so my threshold is 3 bucks short so it doesn't count. Seriously thinking of making another and returning the first order when I get it.
Same happened with my Amazon order -- the main thing i NEEDED was simply cancelled because "none of our suppliers can provide it" bringing my total to $19.89 URGH .. so i ordered a pair of shoes from Mark's and let's cross our fingers it works because last time around i needed to chase those miles down and therefore the coupon AND my Mega Miles.

***also this stupid Amazon order is still sitting in both their site AND Canada Post as "promised delivery date" of Thursday Nov 30th. It's been in our city's sorting plant since noon on the 3rd and since hubby needed a part for a client we had to drive to KW to find it, not happy campers. I did an online chat and they added a $5.00 credit to my account and free next day shipping to my next 5 orders but that doesn't help today!

Last edited:
Haven't booked with them but i'm doing a bit of research for you, i'll see what i can dig up :D
Thanks...I’m at work all day and can’t take the time to look further.

Do you have to purchase the gift card in person? If so, I would think it should be under Marlin. If you were purchasing online through airmilesshops, then it would be under that. I think.
Yes in person. I know that the agent there doesn’t have much of a clue as to how AM works. Which is probably why I got ripped off miles wise last time.

First few flyers:
Sobeys Atlantic
Of note: $15.00 on grab n go platters get 30 AM
instore baked bagels:$3.49 but 2 get 20 AM

$200.00 gift card = 100 AM
And a bunch of other piddly things

Foodland Atlantic
Of note: NADA!

Metro Ontario
Of Note:Threshold spends -$60=20 AM, $80=40 Am & $100=60 AM (weekend only)
a few dairy items $3.99 buy 3 get 20 AM

I've booked with them and I have found it best to tell the ta I'm after AMs. They will sometimes throw in extras. Not sure about the Amex question. They may have an answer.

Thanks...I’m at work all day and can’t take the time to look further.

Yes in person. I know that the agent there doesn’t have much of a clue as to how AM works. Which is probably why I got ripped off miles wise last time.
If there are more than one agent in the office ask for a new one. Explain that AM are important to you and you would like to deal with someone who has good knowledge in that aspect. My Marlin TA has moved to another agency so I'll be starting from scratch as well. Mostly though, I now book online with my companies travel department because they give us a good discount.

Heads up! The fine print for the STB coupon says you have to purchase the gift card in-store.

I went shopping two days ago and received 748 air miles (485 miles on my card and 263 on my husband's card).

I purchased two $150 Foodland gift cards and used them for groceries and xBox gift cards between Sobey's and Foodland between mine & my husband's AM card. I still have a balance of $73 on one gift card.

When entering the receipts on my tracking sheet, I realized Foodland did not put the 50 miles on for the cake. I was in a hurry and didn't see it missing. (sigh). I have to go back there today to get that manually added.

However, I am all done with STB for both my card and my husband's card!!

STOP the presses and hold your Rexall trips off till tomorrow, i just got an early head's up and link to the coupon and as i predicted, it's much better than the one that expires today

Spend $50 get 110 AM Valid Thursday Dec 7th ONLY

I went and did my Rexall shop for $40 just this morning. Literally half an hour later, I see the email. *sigh*

Oh well, I spent $40, got $10 off (coupon) plus earned 50 AM for spending over $30. Would have earned an extra 60 AM if I had spent an extra $10 and waited until tomorrow. Oh well - I've been to Rexall so much lately, I'm just about Rexalled out. I went about 4-5 times last week and ended up earning and using three $10 gift coupons.

So I think I just made a big mistake. In November, for the Amex spend $400 get 800 AM promo, I bought a Roomba. I had $400 in gift cards (from various gifts) so I put the rest ($150ish) on my Amex to make up part of the $400. Today I see the Roomba on sale for $50 off. I called and they did some magic keying and she said, 'okay, the $50 will go back onto your Amex card'. Wasn't till I hung up that I realized what that meant.
So do you think they will take back the $800 AM? The $50 will need to be spent, it just will not have happened in November. This could be a serious hit to the AM account........ :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter