Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Has anyone heard of the BMO Airmiles credit card bonus miles offer for this year. For the last few years they had a promo if you used your card for a $1,000 purchase that you got 200 bonus Airmiles and more Airmiles for larger spending purchases

Good deals with shop the block, disney pass discount on airmiles. I got my DL tickets for Feb.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard of the BMO Airmiles credit card bonus miles offer for this year. For the last few years they had a promo if you used your card for a $1,000 purchase that you got 200 bonus Airmiles and more Airmiles for larger spending purchases

Nope. I'd love to get one though!

So bad news for me, they say no, and they say you can not buy GC with crappy tire money. Oh well, still might try it. hmmmm.

They sell disney gift cards at Canadian Tire? Someone has seen this?

I just wish they let you pay off your Canadian Tire mastercard bill with a giftcard, that would be sweet!

That's too bad. Thanks for posting. After reading this I'm marking every coupon with my initials from now on. If a Cashier tries to pull that on me I'll be demanding a Manager to the 'til and will have my initials on the coupons to prove they were mine.

I give the cashier my air miles card at the beginning of the checkout process, not the end and present every coupon with the product when it gets scanned to ensure my bonus air miles post correctly, if not I refuse to buy the item and have it removed from my order, and ask for my air miles coupon back. I find often the sobeys foodland coupons are terrible and don't work Metro air mies coupons scan and post correctly most of the time. Saves fighting at the end or having to check your receipt once they have your money. Rexall coupons seem to work well.

My paper spend threshold coupons never work, maybe because I also have a similar My Offers one? Honestly, I don't even bother getting them to try to scan it anymore, I just take it to Customer Service who add for me every time.

the chocolate bars were on sale for $2.49 but the sale changes today so not sure.

Went to Shell to fill up my on fumes tank, managed to get $50 in (thank you early morning price hikes?). Handed over coupon and airmiles card. Guy behind the counter says I can't use both... I'm a little surprised since I can't use the coupon on it's own, and I'm not leaving without using it. He finally agreed to just scan them both and see what happens. He apparently thought my coupon was for a discount and it wouldn't work because I also get a discount with my AM card (didn't know about that, 2 cents off per litre... ). Not the way I wanted to start my day! I was pretty mad since I was in a hurry and had to waste time arguing with this guy. Any way. I now have 6 done so phew? And a full to the top tank of gas lol. Had to get a lottery ticket to keep it over the $50 once the discount came off.

the chocolate bars were on sale for $2.49 but the sale changes today so not sure.

Went to Shell to fill up my on fumes tank, managed to get $50 in (thank you early morning price hikes?). Handed over coupon and airmiles card. Guy behind the counter says I can't use both... I'm a little surprised since I can't use the coupon on it's own, and I'm not leaving without using it. He finally agreed to just scan them both and see what happens. He apparently thought my coupon was for a discount and it wouldn't work because I also get a discount with my AM card (didn't know about that, 2 cents off per litre... ). Not the way I wanted to start my day! I was pretty mad since I was in a hurry and had to waste time arguing with this guy. Any way. I now have 6 done so phew? And a full to the top tank of gas lol. Had to get a lottery ticket to keep it over the $50 once the discount came off.

Ah darn it. I didn't realize that was a sale price. (wry grin)

How is your Air Miles card giving you a gas discount?

I've combined personal Shell times offers and cents off offers with other promos this year, never had a problem so I expect he is misinformed???? Not sure if you are referring to 6 Shop the block offers or your personal one, I assume your personal one, just want to make sure you aren't expecting you can use Shell 7 times and get 2000 STB points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter