Airmiles Armchair Chatter

AMEX must be giving more than 2,000 then. I've earned 2,700 from the "Soar into More" promo and that's only for 3 months, August - October. I didn't know about the SiM offers until I started reading this thread in August. But I had 2 offers in August, 1 for September, and 2 for October.

I'd love to know when you receive the Dream Travel Voucher. I'm curious how long they will take to ship out.

Hi hon
I will post when I get them,,hopefully not the 4 weeks the web site says.

BIG Edit here
web site say
Certificate(s) will be shipped within 3 business days of ordering, at no cost to you.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I was buying Vitamin C at Rexall today as part of the Rexall brand / Be.Better supplements & vitamins spend $15 get 20AM promo. I plan to take it regularly this winter, and get flu shot soon, as we are heading for a Disney Cruise in February!

I've never taken a cruise but I have heard that building your immune system before going on one is important. Best wishes to you.
Hugs Mel

I guess I won't be getting the airmiles --oh well better to be safe than sorry.

Hugs to you
Mel

Oh Oh Oh and Rexall Mississauga has Disney gift cards!!!
And Gummy worms with airmiles attached--buy 2 bags get 5 airmiles.
(Dirt Cake).

Hi Mel,

Is this about the 15 sign up AM for flu shot reminder? We actually have to take the flu shot to get the airmiles at Rexall? I thought we just had to sign up for the alert. I am not sure if I want a flu shot though.

Have fun with the cake decorating! The kids would have so much fun!!

Hi Mel,

Is this about the 15 sign up AM for flu shot reminder? We actually have to take the flu shot to get the airmiles at Rexall? I thought we just had to sign up for the alert. I am not sure if I want a flu shot though.

Hi Hon
I did sign up for the the email alert but I am not sure if I will get the airmiles if I don't get the shot,,I will report back if I do.
have a great day
Hugs Mel

Hi Mel,

There was nothing that said you had to get the shot. You only had to sign up for the email alert. I would never get a shot from a pharmacist anyway.

Can I order a package and have it sent to me at my resort? I want to buy this, but shipping to Canada is expensive, plus duty: https://safego.us/

Definitely. I almost always have packages delivered while I'm there. Recently they put a $5 per package handling fee in place, but that's usually still cheaper than having stuff shipped to Canada, especially if you'll get hit with duty.

There is a sticky at the top of the resort forum with full details and shipping addresses for every resort.

Definitely. I almost always have packages delivered while I'm there. Recently they put a $5 per package handling fee in place, but that's usually still cheaper than having stuff shipped to Canada, especially if you'll get hit with duty.

There is a sticky at the top of the resort forum with full details and shipping addresses for every resort.

Excellent! Thanks so much!

Timeline for Airmiles Dream Travel Certificate
I ordered it Sunday Oct 22nd
Received it today Tuesday Oct 24th Via Fed Ex
Excellent service.
Hugs Mel
SO??? Do tell .. details ... what's the fine print??
I'm still trying to decide if we should order them or wait until they announce what will happen in 2018 with the possibility of doing the booking myself online!
latest

I'm still trying to decide if we should order them or wait until they announce what will happen in 2018 with the possibility of doing the booking myself online!
latest
Good grief I can barely read the fine print

I'll try

"This travel certificate must be presented to a travel professional at ant of the participating retail travel brands at time of final payment and is valid for Package Vacations and cruises with select suppliers.
Certificates may not be used for payment of taxes ,service fees,non- commissionable items, gift cards and insurance.. Full value of the certificate must be used in a single transaction. For a list of agency locations and a full terms and conditions please visit airmiles.ca/TravelCertificate.

Hugs Mel

now the other side

This certificate is Non refundable and has no cash value.
Supplies limited;
Cannot be combined with any other offer
Not for resale
Loyalty one accepts no responsibilities
No upgrades are permitted

There is a bar code and numbers so maybe it can be added manually via online bookings (2018),,,who knows
Hugs Mel

In Air Miles T&C for these certificates, it does say "If a booking is cancelled, any Certificate used for the original travel purchase is non-refundable and non-transferable." Just thought I would give a heads-up. I wonder if that applies if a hotel/trip needs to be rebooked?

Timeline for Airmiles Dream Travel Certificate
I ordered it Sunday Oct 22nd
Received it today Tuesday Oct 24th Via Fed Ex
Excellent service.
Hugs Mel

Very quick! Glad to hear that, thanks!

What do you mean? Are the Dream Travel Certificates changing in 2018? I won't start collecting mine until 2018 but I'm curious about any changes ahead.

I think I read online that they cannot be combined with the Cash eVouchers either. I guess you need to use one or the other, likely since one is Cash and one is Dream.

1)In Air Miles T&C for these certificates, it does say "If a booking is cancelled, any Certificate used for the original travel purchase is non-refundable and non-transferable." Just thought I would give a heads-up. I wonder if that applies if a hotel/trip needs to be rebooked?
2)What do you mean? Are the Dream Travel Certificates changing in 2018? I won't start collecting mine until 2018 but I'm curious about any changes ahead.

#3 I think I read online that they cannot be combined with the Cash eVouchers either. I guess you need to use one or the other, likely since one is Cash and one is Dream.

I'll see if i can answer these questions :D
  1. The terms about cancelling (doesn't address re-booking, i imagine that would follow any re-booking policies with the travel agency) If a booking is cancelled, any Certificate used for the original travel purchase is non-refundable and non-transferable.
  2. From the website :In 2018, together with Transat Distribution Canada, we will be introducing a new PVC website, enabling you to use your Miles immediately for PVC bookings online, 24/7 with participating partners. I'm not sure what this will mean if we have already cashed in for some certificates but I'm hoping it means we can still use them if we book online ( i prefer to do my own travel arrangements if I can)
  3. That's correct, they can NOT be combined Certificate may be combined with AIR MILES Dream Vouchers, and Certificates issued prior to October 2015. Certificates may not be combined with AIR MILES eVouchers.

Off the current topic. For those waiting for the Aug 25-27 Rexall promotion 100AM for using 285Cash AM, it just posted to my account. I checked a half hour ago and they weren't there so I decided to pull the paperwork together and make the call to AM. As I'm explaining to the Rep what I'm looking for she says there are 100 AM posted from Rexall October 24 (today). I told her I had to look at my spreadsheet, forgot what today was at that moment, and I asked her what the date was again so I could check and then realized that today was October 24 and they had posted while I was trying to get them on the phone.

For others waiting, check yours may be there too.

One item to check off my list. (Wait time for regular AM members was 21 min and it was 2 min when I put in my ONYX card #)

Anyone else notice the airmilesshops.ca site has changed? I had to make sure it was a legit site at first, I was getting used to the old site.

Also, there's an offer now for 50 AM with your next purchase thru the portal of $20 or more until Nov. 9th. Perfect as I was going to place an order anyways!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter