Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Could you buy the laundry detergent at say Rexall so it's part of your spend $ get X? It's often on sale, unless you are particular about the brand.
That's the plan, i was just hoping it would be a bonus item ... usually is once or twice a year & I stock up. Guess we've were overly dirty this summer???

I am really close to depleting my Cash miles (trip savings fund is adding up quick!). Can I buy $150 in Sobeys eVouchers and use them all in the same transaction? Meaning, I'm not capped at the $100 per day redemption?

Okay, after seeing the third report on this thread of someone who ordered a child "Canadian Resident Discount" ticket and received a regular child ticket, I cracked and ordered one.

The way I figure it, if I get a regular child ticket (fingers crossed!), it will have an upgrade value of $373 US for 2850 Air Miles redeemed, or 13.1 US cents / AM.

If I am unlucky and actually receive what I ordered, it will have a value somewhere around $255, or about 9 US cents / AM. That's still better than the current "cost" of the adult tickets, which work out to a value of around 8 US cents / AM.

The catch is that I don't really need the ticket. Thanks to the Canadian Resident special, I have a tidy little pile of tickets now (this is the 6th for my family of 4), with no firm plans for their use. We will travel to WDW in March using our current APs, which will be our third trip in just over a year (making use of the 13-month APs!), and we'll likely take an extended break from WDW trips after that. I don't usually like to leave money tied up indefinitely like this, but the potential value here was too good to pass up. We'll find a use for them eventually.

Okay, after seeing the third report on this thread of someone who ordered a child "Canadian Resident Discount" ticket and received a regular child ticket, I cracked and ordered one.

The way I figure it, if I get a regular child ticket (fingers crossed!), it will have an upgrade value of $373 US for 2850 Air Miles redeemed, or 13.1 US cents / AM.

If I am unlucky and actually receive what I ordered, it will have a value somewhere around $255, or about 9 US cents / AM. That's still better than the current "cost" of the adult tickets, which work out to a value of around 8 US cents / AM.

The catch is that I don't really need the ticket. Thanks to the Canadian Resident special, I have a tidy little pile of tickets now (this is the 6th for my family of 4), with no firm plans for their use. We will travel to WDW in March using our current APs, which will be our third trip in just over a year (making use of the 13-month APs!), and we'll likely take an extended break from WDW trips after that. I don't usually like to leave money tied up indefinitely like this, but the potential value here was too good to pass up. We'll find a use for them eventually.
If it's the regular ticket it will expire Jan 2109. So do you plan to upgrade the ticket in person so you have one that expires later? I'd be happy with this ticket if it wasn't for the expiry. It's my understanding 3rd party tickets can't be used to upgrade except in person. So if I've got an expired ticket linked to mde...can you make fp in advance?

Maybe the bottles/packages got smaller :)

I think the regular price for Tide Pods is $7.99 at Rexall for the smallest pack. I try and add those to our shop to get to the Spend threshold. Oh and coffee! Folgers is on sale this coming week.

I had not thought of that one to try to get us over the threshold. I can't use Tide...but there are other ones I can use. I will usually just add 1 or 2 of the care packages for the food bank to get me over the threshold. I will have to put one of those into the cart next time :flower1:

If it's the regular ticket it will expire Jan 2109. So do you plan to upgrade the ticket in person so you have one that expires later? I'd be happy with this ticket if it wasn't for the expiry. It's my understanding 3rd party tickets can't be used to upgrade except in person. So if I've got an expired ticket linked to mde...can you make fp in advance?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you are right that it needs to be upgraded in person; not sure about booking FP with an expired ticket. I guess we'll find out once tickets start expiring early next year. For me, since I have spare tickets, it wouldn't be a big problem. I would just use the entitlements on one of my the Canadian Resident tickets to book the Fastpasses, then use the regular ticket to enter the park after upgrading. But that only works if you have spare tickets lying around, which isn't going to be helpful for most people.

I'd like to think that we will be able to book Fastpasses against expired media. I don't think Disney instituted expiry dates with the express purpose of making anyone's life difficult - they just want to force you to pay current prices to enter the park. But time will tell.

The Duck is home from the hunt (huhm .. that sounds odd -- i was the hunter, not the huntee!)
Managed to do 2 transactions at Rexall,
1st transaction: $42.12 and snagged 90 AM using the coupon and 4 of my LnG offers (one of which was NOT a threshold)

2nd transaction: $40.84 and snagged 80 AM using the coupon and 1 more LnG offer

I found a bottle of my laundry detergent on the end of a row in the clearance section, with a $5.00 off coupon stuck to the bottle -- SCORE. BUT, that has me sad, because that probably means it's been discontinued :sad2:

Thank you for the congrats about the upcoming grandbaby! We've now purchased diapers twice at Rexall so am hoping that they will show up as a load n go at some point. They were on sale so it wasn't too bad.

A few weeks ago (I should have made a note but didn't) there was a promo at Rexall - cash in 285 airmiles to get $30 off and you'd get 100 miles. Has anyone had those miles post yet? My miles don't seem to have posted yet.

Went to Rexall this morning and didn't do too badly - $48.54 and got 132 airmiles using the coupon and 3 load n go offers - one of which was a threshold - spend $40 and get $60.

Fiona

Still waiting for my 100 Rexall AM to post from that promotion. Fine print said it could take 6-8weeks. 8 weeks is up next week so we'll see. I don't know if I would have to wait 120 days from purchase before contacting AM or if they will use the 8 weeks as good enough for a follow-up.

I can't locate my Rexall receipt from this afternoon. The Cashier handed it to me. I scanned it to make sure everything was correct and put it in one of the grocery bags. I just double-checked the empty bags. Maybe it fell out in the car.

I spent $41 and change and received 126. Spend $40 get 60. Load&Go spend $40 get 60. Plus 6 for two gatorades. OPPS - CORRECTION. That wasn't a Load&Go but a printed coupon!

Another 25 from Air Miles for using a Load&Go offer that did not show up on my receipt. Cashier says they were told it wouldn't but AM will still give it to me. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Last edited:
I can't locate my Rexall receipt from this afternoon. The Cashier handed it to me. I scanned it to make sure everything was correct and put it in one of the grocery bags. I just double-checked the empty bags. Maybe it fell out in the car.

I spent $41 and change and received 126. Spend $40 get 60. Load&Go spend $40 get 60. Plus 6 for two gatorades.

Another 25 from Air Miles for using a Load&Go offer that did not show up on my receipt. Cashier says they were told it wouldn't but AM will still give it to me. Does anyone know if this is correct?
YUP, a lot of these offers don't show on your receipt -- the Metro ones are also like that. You'll see it in a few days -- take a screen shot of your LoadnGo offers to show that you used an offer today. To get there, open up your offers, click on the little card up in the top with the number on it and then toggle to Used. It should show all of the ones you've redeemed with the date you used it.

Oh I forgot about that 25 for using a load n go! better write that one down :)

We aren't going to get all the marvel micro guys :( we've been lucky to only get one duplicate so far but I don't have the budget to spend that much more money in a week! Maybe 3 more next week for groceries and gas for the car, but we still need 8 more. Ah well.

Got my black onyx card in the mail today. It's so pretty! :) Can't wait to use it somewhere...

Oh I forgot about that 25 for using a load n go! better write that one down :)

We aren't going to get all the marvel micro guys :( we've been lucky to only get one duplicate so far but I don't have the budget to spend that much more money in a week! Maybe 3 more next week for groceries and gas for the car, but we still need 8 more. Ah well.

Got my black onyx card in the mail today. It's so pretty! :) Can't wait to use it somewhere...

I always ask if it is possible to get a few extras and they sometimes give me 5 or 6. We've probably opened 30+ and my daughters still need 3 more.

I found a bottle of my laundry detergent on the end of a row in the clearance section, with a $5.00 off coupon stuck to the bottle -- SCORE. BUT, that has me sad, because that probably means it's been discontinued :sad2:
It might not be discontinued. I ALWAYS find things in the clearance section that are not discontinued. It generally means they were over stocked on an item and need to sell a bunch to get the inventory back in line.

YUP, a lot of these offers don't show on your receipt -- the Metro ones are also like that. You'll see it in a few days -- take a screen shot of your LoadnGo offers to show that you used an offer today. To get there, open up your offers, click on the little card up in the top with the number on it and then toggle to Used. It should show all of the ones you've redeemed with the date you used it.

Thanks! I just took a screen shot of the gatorade offer. I didn't realize they show the dates used. Now I'll see if I can find the flyer and take a shot of the 25 air mile offer for using a load & go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter