Airmiles Armchair Chatter

AMEX bill just *came* and we earned 800 AM that are listed as Soar Into More! That means both the Gas Station promo from June/July AND the On-line shopping in August credited for me .. but i should have 900. I'm thinking that hubby didn't quite follow the rules for signing into the APP when i asked. I'll take it though! Miles haven't posted to my account yet but it will be exciting when they do
View attachment 270132
Woohoo, Donald! Always an exciting time.

Stopped into LCBO for a large bottle of my favourite wine to find out that it has 10AM for the small bottle. 2 small bottles for me. The things I do for AM's

:rotfl:

AMEX bill just *came* and we earned 800 AM that are listed as Soar Into More! That means both the Gas Station promo from June/July AND the On-line shopping in August credited for me .. but i should have 900. I'm thinking that hubby didn't quite follow the rules for signing into the APP when i asked. I'll take it though! Miles haven't posted to my account yet but it will be exciting when they do
View attachment 270132

Same thing happened to me - 800 instead of 900. I called because I didn't know which SiM promo the airmiles were from as I've already completed the Sept. one which is 800 AM. I'm not letting them off the hook for the extra 100 AM.

Well first the Rexall app is no longer functional so you can go ahead and delete it (The one that is specific to LoadnGo offers that is!) You never really needed it to use the LnG offers anyway, you can load your offers on-line or the Airmiles APP (we don't have this on either of our phones since it is a real battery drain because it wants your location on so it can search --constantly-- for offers that are "close to you") There is a section within the first post that talks about these offers :D

Deleted! Deleted both actually. My phone has needed to be charged more than it used to so maybe that's why. If I can access the LnG offers online, then I don't need a battery-draining app.

I searched for "airmiles load & go" and located 2 websites. "loadandgoairmiles.ca" and "getmyoffers.ca". That getmyoffers.ca site - is it legit? It reminds me of the Sobey's app on my phone. Are they the same?

The coupons that i do my best to post links both within the body of this gangly thread and in the first post are found 2 ways : the threshold spend comes in an email on Monday mornings from Rexall and the link to your targeted threshold spend offer usually comes in an email on Fridays from Airmiles (this you need to load to your card). The coupon for $5.00 off a $25.00 transaction comes from doing a survey at the bottom of a receipt (OR by simply following along here!) There are also some stores (seems to be limited to the Ottawa area, correct me if I'm wrong gang) that will print a coupon on the receipt if you shop on Fridays that is also a threshold spend.

If you find that you are NOT getting any of these emails you need to go into your Airmiles profile and "uncheck" your email preferences , sign out of your account, sign back into your account, go back into your profile and check your e-mail preferences to "yes", sign out again and *hopefully* this will re-trigger those emails. I've had it happen a few times and don't know why this trick works but I ain't gonna question the stupidity of the Airmiles system.

I'm not sure what some of those are so maybe I'm not getting my e-mails correctly. I'll try what you said with my Airmiles e-mail preferences. Thanks!!!

Deleted! Deleted both actually. My phone has needed to be charged more than it used to so maybe that's why. If I can access the LnG offers online, then I don't need a battery-draining app.

I searched for "airmiles load & go" and located 2 websites. "loadandgoairmiles.ca" and "getmyoffers.ca". That getmyoffers.ca site - is it legit? It reminds me of the Sobey's app on my phone. Are they the same?

I'm not sure what some of those are so maybe I'm not getting my e-mails correctly. I'll try what you said with my Airmiles e-mail preferences. Thanks!!!

getmyoffers.ca IS Sobeys
loadandgoairmiles IS Air MIles

View attachment 270132

I too never got my 100 AM for downloading the AMEX App and signing in...I thought I followed the rules but figured it was because I did it from my tablet (no smartphone for me)...I wonder if it is a glitch? who would we follow up with AMEX or AM?

View attachment 270132
Interesting. My 400 for the June gas station promo came straight to my AM account....not my Amex statement. I'm still waiting for the 400 for July. My statement date is the 10th of the month so if I have to wait for that it will be a while longer. The 100 for logging in to the app I do not expect to get. I downloaded that app but my DH is the primary on the card and I logged in as myself. At first I didn't realize the mistake but when I did I just couldn't be bothered going back and doing it over. It just turned into one of those I don't care moments...June/July was extremely busy for me.

Interesting. My 400 for the June gas station promo came straight to my AM account....not my Amex statement. I'm still waiting for the 400 for July. My statement date is the 10th of the month so if I have to wait for that it will be a while longer. The 100 for logging in to the app I do not expect to get. I downloaded that app but my DH is the primary on the card and I logged in as myself. At first I didn't realize the mistake but when I did I just couldn't be bothered going back and doing it over. It just turned into one of those I don't care moments...June/July was extremely busy for me.
Check your statement carefully. I think you will see the June 400 show at the bottom where they post your Air Miles Summary under the Bonus box. At least that's where mine shows.

Check your statement carefully. I think you will see the June 400 show at the bottom where they post your Air Miles Summary under the Bonus box. At least that's where mine shows.
Just went and got the statement out....you are correct, it's at the bottom. It posted separately on my AM account before my regular Amex miles posted though. Did that happen for everyone?

There are some direct links in the first post -- i'll put them here later for you as well :D

I know I will earn another 5 AM with a visit to Shell today :)
Can't really justify buying more groceries this month, not even if my favorite coffee has AM on it... *sigh*

I always find a way to justify my "favourite" things. Unless you already have a six month supply, go for it.

OT funny story that happened this past week:

Two of of DS were over the other day and each commented that they had to stop in at the grocery store on their separate ways home. I said what do you need? Then followed up with just go downstairs and help yourself to whatever you want. They cleaned out my cookie stash, pasta and some of my soup. Took some stuff from the freezer too. It was a win-win, they got free food and I got more shelf space.

I always find a way to justify my "favourite" things. Unless you already have a six month supply, go for it.

Two of of DS were over the other day and each commented that they had to stop in at the grocery store on their separate ways home. I said what do you need? Then followed up with just go downstairs and help yourself to whatever you want. They cleaned out my cookie stash, pasta and some of my soup. Took some stuff from the freezer too. It was a win-win, they got free food and I got more shelf space.
....I'll be right over...... :D

Stopped at Sobey's this afternoon for cheesestrings, bagels and raisin bread. The 50 for cheesestrings and 30 for 3 bagels went on the receipt. But another 30 miles for 3 raisin breads did not. Their customer service is always good about manually crediting the miles, but I do wish the air miles would go on the receipt correctly. EVERY visit I have to stop at customer service.

Here's the info for Rexall LoadnGo
You can get targeted offers for bonus AirMiles at Rexall loaded to your card.
How Load and Go offers work
To sign up for these offers go to this page and enter your collector number.
Load and Go offers for Rexall

For Sobeys/Foodland go to this page and enter your info
My Offers sign up page

All that ice cream Birt helped us buy? Yeah our daughter & her wife have eaten it all and last night asked "when's the next Airmiles sale, you only have healthy stuff!" We are forever telling our kids to help themselves to whatever they want. last summer when Sobeys had the bread offer, buy 3 get 25 we would stop at their house on the way home and toss a loaf at them :P

Hubby just shot me an e-mail with the comment "we can go, pretend to tour the Fox lot and then sneak off to Disney" It's a contest for all of us AMEX card holders, one entry per day from now till October 6th. Prize? : Trip to tour the Fox Studios in LA, 4 nights and $1000 CDN AMEX giftcard
upload_2017-9-17_23-20-23.png

Here's the link to use, one entry per/day!
AMEX Insiders Contest

Question....

Was just shredding a GIANT pile of old bills and came across an Amex statement from last year. I booked a trip at Marlin Travel and only did it in their office for the AM's. It charged on my statement as WestJet which only gave me the 1/$15 instead of the 1/$10 for shopping with a sponsor. Any point in pursuing that via the missing miles on the AM site? Is it too late(the charge was July 2106)?

Question....

Was just shredding a GIANT pile of old bills and came across an Amex statement from last year. I booked a trip at Marlin Travel and only did it in their office for the AM's. It charged on my statement as WestJet which only gave me the 1/$15 instead of the 1/$10 for shopping with a sponsor. Any point in pursuing that via the missing miles on the AM site? Is it too late(the charge was July 2106)?
For me this would be a question of : how many miles am I talking about? AND how long do i want to spend chasing it down?

More than 100 probably, less nope! I can't find anywhere if there is a statue of limitations :P

** maybe this household is record obsessive but we keep everything for 6+ the current year. That's how long CRA can demand proof, and for us we have some business expenses on the AMEX card AND we claim some business use of home as well.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter