Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Yep. I figure it's a long shot that they would come that early, but every time I go to buy the ticket I decide to hold out a little longer just in case.:rolleyes1
Ugh that will be a hard pill to swallow paying the increased regular rate for the ticket. Especially since you were on the fence to buy before the Canadian promo ended. Sending pixie dust the am mega miles will suddenly post for you!

Metro flyer
July 20-26
I see a few small thing ,but it seems they have increased the buy amout --like three of this to get 15 airmiles.
Flyer here
http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/metro-on-flyer-july-20-to-26/all

Hugs Mel
I got caught by the "buy 3" last week ... thought it was only TWO (should put my glasses on when shopping i guess :P ) since it wasn't in the flyer i wasn't prepared but thrilled since it was a product i use. Checked my receipt on the way out and noticed the miles didn't show up. Left hubby standing at the front of the store and marched back to the dairy section checked the sign, grabbed another yogurt, headed to the customer service desk and told them my sob story. Quick fix, gave me the bonus 15 miles, let me pay for the extra yogurt and off we went. I'll pay more attention next time :rolleyes1

Do you know what goes with ice-cream?
Apple strudel!!!
Buy one fresh baked tray of 4 apple strudel and get 10 airmiles.$3.49.
Woke up early this morning and decided to make a run over to Sobeys-
I bought Sept. Food Drive can food-24 cans of soup= 480 airmiles.
8 boxes of ice cream sandwiches=200 airmiles.(They should last me for the rest of the summer).
Total 690 airmiles.
I think I am good for this week.
Hugs Mel

My Sobeys has a limit of 6 on the soups. I might go back and get some more. And since I'm there, maybe some more ice cream? The ones kiddo really likes only have 4 in the box, that doesn't last long! I wish my Sobeys would get the chicken broth in, I'm not keen on the soup (makes a good donation though) but I'd use the broth.

I got caught by the "buy 3" last week ... thought it was only TWO (should put my glasses on when shopping i guess :P ) since it wasn't in the flyer i wasn't prepared but thrilled since it was a product i use. Checked my receipt on the way out and noticed the miles didn't show up. Left hubby standing at the front of the store and marched back to the dairy section checked the sign, grabbed another yogurt, headed to the customer service desk and told them my sob story. Quick fix, gave me the bonus 15 miles, let me pay for the extra yogurt and off we went. I'll pay more attention next time :rolleyes1
That was sweet of them to tack on your purchase to get your AM. I did not have such luck at the Shell station last week when the pump decided to fix itself on 24.987L and not 25L so I didn't get the extra AM. :( Too bad but I did not see the mistake until I was looking through the receipts later... and then boy oh boy did I have a Donald Duck moment ahahaha...

Okay - something is seriously messed up with Rexall this week.

I went to my 'regular' Rexall yesterday for my weekly AM haul. I had a get 100 am wys $60.00, I also had the get 80 am wys $50 email coupon, I had a $10 off Rexall coupon from last week and various Load and Go offers as well.

When the cashier (asst. manager) processed my transaction, the system said it couldn't process the email get 80 wys $50 offer, so she cashed out that transaction (said she would void it later), and tried again. Same thing happened. So she finished my transaction for the second time, and then manually added the 80 airmiles. My receipts show that I spent $73.47 and received 198 airmiles in total.

Fast forward to today, and I just checked my posted air miles from yesterday's Rexall trip - 346 airmiles posted. Not sure exactly what is wonky in their system, but I did receive the 80 am wys $50 coupon, and I ended up getting the Neutrogena offer twice (35am wys $35), I received the 3 base am twice, plus an extra 30 that I haven't been able to figure out.

Has anyone else had this happen? Not sure if they're going to end up taking some of the air miles back, or what to do.

I had an unusual shop yesterday at Rexall also. It was a slow week for me. I used L&G spend $30 get 60AM and a coupon from a receipt spend $30 get 50AM. When they processed the receipt showed N/A next to all the AM amounts. Ok that happens sometimes, didn't think anything more of it, they would post today. Went home and checked my L&G, these always clear as soon as the transaction is complete. My L&G was still there (all day). Checked again this morning and it had finally disappeared so I knew they were going to process the L&G amount.

Waited a few hours and checked my AM account. All processed as I expected, no issues. They system was just kind of glitchy yesterday I guess.

For a while I thought for sure they were tracking my multiple stacking of coupons (guilty!). As I said last week I think they are working on their computer systems to close the loopholes we have been using of late.

They do have every right to take the AM back but I don't think they will. They are in a battle with Shoppers Drug Mart for our $$$ and I think they like our business.

Heading out to swimming lessons but wanted to post -

Sobeys has some random smaller items (so go get your soup and ice cream before Friday!) including the buy 3 tortillas or bagels for @2.99 each and get 25 AM

Rexall looks good. 100 AM for spending $50 Fri to Sun, LOTS of smaller ones listed in the flyer, tonnes. As well, get 25 AM bonus if you use a loaded offer on the new airmiles app. I never got my 50 for using a load n go offer, so am not hopeful about that but I'm sure some will get a good deal!

Here are all the Sobeys deals for this week - for Ottawa - we just got our flyers! I'm glad that bagels are on promo again but bummed compared to last week :)

• Dempster's bagels or tortillas 2.99 ea + 25AM when you buy 3
  • Triple layer strawberry shortcake 19.99ea + 10AM
  • TreStelle cheese 4.99ea + 5AM/2
  • Schneiders summer sausage 2.49/100g + 5AM when spend $7 or more
  • Olivieri pasta or sauces 4.99ea + 20AM when you buy 3
  • Nature Valley, Fibre One, Edge cereal 3.99ea + 10AM when you buy 2
  • Uncle Ben's natural select 3.99ea + 3AM
  • Betrolli olive oil 9.99 + 5AM
  • Royale tiger towels or facial tissue 7.99ea + 20 AM when you buy 2
  • Nordica cottage cheese 2.99ea + 5AM when you buy 2
  • High Liner 11.99ea + 20AM when you buy 2
  • Marie Calendar's 5.99ea + 20AM when you buy 2
  • K cup coffee pods 30pk 15.99ea + 30AM when you buy 2
  • Ben & Jerry's 4.99ea + 10AM when you buy 2
  • Magnum or Klondike 4.99ea + 10AM when you buy 2

Also had a weird Rexall shop last week. I had a load and go for Spend $40 get 100 and that was the current offer. I spent my 40 and she ran it through and said that I only got one and that the load and go scan didn't work. I figured I'd just stick with my 100 and be done with it. When the receipt printed it said I got both , and both posted in my account.

With a slow AM week here's a thought. I was just watching a local program and they were speaking with a person from the Food Bank. Something people don't often think of donating but which are in great need are toiletries (toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, soap). Rexall has Colgate toothbrushes and toothpaste on this week for .99. Just a thought for those looking to top up their purchase and not top up their home stash of goodies.

Just was not feeling it at work yesterday, so I left! Made a run to Sobeys and got more ice cream, since I had made space in the freezer, 10 Lean Cuisines, some strudel and 6 cans of soup. Spent $53 earned 287 AM.

Would be nice if Sobeys had something like this once a month or so but it would be pricey for me. In the last week I spent an extra $150 to earn the miles. The Lean Cuisines I take to work every day for lunch so I buy them anyway and they are always on sale for $1.99 so no big deal but I really don't need 8 tubs of ice cream all at once. The soup in total I have now bought 18 cans/cartons. Only 8 of them have stayed at my house the rest went to the food bank. I don't feel bad at all about the cost of that since I usually donate a few times a year.

We actually get a lot of toothbrushes and toothpastes from local dentists. My kids have been counting/boxing them up when they volunteer with me, they counted over 1500 toothbrushes yesterday!!!

But yes, there is a huge need for toiletries. Especially deodorant, shampoo, razors. Toilet paper and feminine products too. Things everyone needs for sure!

With a slow AM week here's a thought. I was just watching a local program and they were speaking with a person from the Food Bank. Something people don't often think of donating but which are in great need are toiletries (toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, soap). Rexall has Colgate toothbrushes and toothpaste on this week for .99. Just a thought for those looking to top up their purchase and not top up their home stash of goodies.

Not sure if this has been discussed yet --- BUT Rexall has the "use a load n go offer" bonus happening again. They've made it a bit clearer this time around! Notice what I've highlighted here : you can either load the offer thru the APP OR online AND the only offer that's excluded is the one that appears on everyone's offers, the weekend offer that doesn't need to be loaded It's good for 2 weeks which is great for me since my current offers are lousy!
upload_2017-7-20_10-59-31.png

Thank for the reminder. I will have to see what DH has in his L&G and do this on his account as well.

kultiffany, great additions to the list of things for the Food Bank. Some of the items you mentioned have great AM associated with them from time to time and I don't use that particular brand but I could pick it up and donate it.

Just back from my final ice cream run. I don't think I would have done very well with the hunt this week if not for ice cream. Now we just have to eat it all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!