Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I have about 13K in my account - my mom’s has about 4K that she’s going to merge with mine. Just need 9K for those 3 & 4th DL 5 day PH.

And then im probably done with the program. I collected 35 AM in Jan. 25 were from a November offer of spend 95 get 25 back.

I don’t know if I’m sad or proud? I made it through January by only spending about $12 on groceries in cash at the fruit and veggie stand (and just making stuff from pantry and freezer - and groceries from Dec). Which means my no-spend days goal totally worked! Take that inflation!

However, my AirMiles will suffer 😂😅
Congrats! I used to love doing the monthly No Spend thread on the Budget Board. It really gave one some accountability.

I find with the price of groceries these days I'm hunting for best prices and AM earning or Scene earning is secondary. I do hope the program continues as it was fun. I am thankful to the program for taking my grocery shopping drudgery to something I looked forward to. I'm back to earning enough AM to get me to the end of the runway a month (ie not many).

Best part of the whole experience has been this thread. Thanks @Donald - my hero

But they are getting cheaper in the points as I used to get after 4 fill ups get 100am and this month I got get 75 miles after your 4th fill up. At least my Mom's account got the 100 mile bonus.
It looks like my 2 accounts won't reach Onyx this year so I will lose out on the Shell+ next year. Need some big bonus events this year
Mine is still 4 = 100 miles. Or 3 = 50 miles.

Thought I would share this information that just came out today. I know my nephew would live on Stouffer's lasagne if we let him.
I had some good AirMiles / Scene deals for this product over the years.
Nestle Canada says it is winding down its frozen meals and pizza business in Canada over the next six months.

The four brands that will no longer be sold in the freezer aisle at Canadian grocery stores are Delissio, Stouffer’s, Lean Cuisine and Life Cuisine.
The company says it is focusing on categories that support long-term business growth, including confectionary, coffee, ice cream, premium water and pet food.
The company does not manufacture these products in Canada, so no manufacturing facilities in Canada will be affected.
Nestle says it will work with its retail partners to facilitate the exit of these products from stores.

Thanks for sharing that news Judy
Delissio Pizza & Stouffer’s Lasagna I will miss.
The 4 meat Delissio Pizza is my son's fav.

Quick edit,
I must admit to buying the Crave Bowls (Kraft /Heinz Canada) & Healthy Bowls more lately.
In Canada, Healthy Choice is a brand of ConAgra Brands. In Australia, McCain Foods, a Canadian company, owns the Healthy Choice name.

Nestle
Too bad they don't lay off our Canadian water.... just saying

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Trying to stay warm today. Thank goodness it's just a one day cold snap in Ottawa. My dumb Samoyed wants nothing more than to be outside in this cold. His belly was shaved for his neutering two weeks ago so he has exposed skin and can't go out for extended periods of time. He's driving me nuts. It's a gorgeous sunny day and all he wants is to be outside. It's going to be a long day.

Trying to stay warm today. Thank goodness it's just a one day cold snap in Ottawa. My dumb Samoyed wants nothing more than to be outside in this cold. His belly was shaved for his neutering two weeks ago so he has exposed skin and can't go out for extended periods of time. He's driving me nuts. It's a gorgeous sunny day and all he wants is to be outside. It's going to be a long day.
Sorry Hon,,, hopefully the weather improves soon.
Now this is my Cocoa ,,,she knows what to do on a cold day,,,, loves her Hammock!
Hugs Mel
image000000.jpg

Maritimes are getting a big cold snap this weekend! Feels like -40 on Friday night, all day/night Saturday, into Sunday. They said we haven't had these temps since 2004! DD14 was like, I'm going to go for a walk on Saturday LOL I told her that she will not be leaving the house for a walk. She as no idea how cold that really is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter