Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Has anyone used their miles for the Mary Mcleod shortbreads? Just wondered if they were good because they are pricy. Thought about getting some and dividing them up into smaller tins from the Dollar store for some Christmas gifts but have never tried them

Incoming data points:

So, I put in a personal shopper request for Disneyland Tix with Genie+

2 x adult 5 day PH through vacation portal = 11,946 (cash price in USD at DL= $950USD)

from onyx shopper:

2 x adult 5 day PH w/G+ = 17,250 (cash price = $1200USD)

Which means they are using a $1.515 exchange rate on the personal shopper tix! That’s EXPENSIVE.

And the exchange on the Red tag tix are $1.32.

eta: so by their own red tag exchange rates - it should be closer to 15.7K —- has anyone pushed back on quotes to be like….you mathed wrong?

(math: (# of AM/95)x10= Cdn $ amount; cdn/usd = exchange rate)

Brutal. I’ll pay cash for Genie+. 😂

Last edited:

Looks like Starbucks is teaming up with TD Aeroplan
I hope they still stay with Airmiles also as that's my number one Cash Airmiles treat (reward).
1669230830517.png
Link and get to your next free coffee faster with these awesome partners!​
Your Starbucks order could be earning you more. We’ve partnered with TD and Aeroplan® to make that happen. Simply link your Starbucks Rewards account to get started.​

When you link your Aeroplan® account, you can convert your Aeroplan points to Stars2. It’s time to top-up on Stars and get closer to your next free coffee.

I literally just placed an order online but didn’t go through airmilesshops.ca. Then decided to check afterwards to see if the store is there. And omg, it is. I’ve never ordered from this store before. Any chance I can get my air miles added later on if I talk to customer service? Like can I just tell them I went through the portal but didn’t get my air miles.

I literally just placed an order online but didn’t go through airmilesshops.ca. Then decided to check afterwards to see if the store is there. And omg, it is. I’ve never ordered from this store before. Any chance I can get my air miles added later on if I talk to customer service? Like can I just tell them I went through the portal but didn’t get my air miles.
Just my opinion but I'd try to cancel the order and redo it via the Airmiles portal.
Hope it works out.
Mel

Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately the size I bought sold out afterwards (I must have purchased the last pair), so I could not even rebuy and return.
Dang... I'd try contacting Airmiles and tell them you realized after purchasing (transaction) that you realized the connection via the Airmiles portal wasn't stable and you had been logged off.
Can't hurt to try.
Mel

On my way out the door not much time to post BUT -- all of the multipliers have dropped for the individual stores AND a new offer popped up at some point yesterday
You need to log on to your account and OPT it
1669290027067.png

Don't have time to search for who else got the MAX pass for Amazon -- how do I know which account i bought that darned thing for?!?!?!?!

On my way out the door not much time to post BUT -- all of the multipliers have dropped for the individual stores AND a new offer popped up at some point yesterday
You need to log on to your account and OPT it
View attachment 720919

Don't have time to search for who else got the MAX pass for Amazon -- how do I know which account i bought that darned thing for?!?!?!?!
If your accounts have different names attached then look at the confirmation email from buying the Max pass. Scroll to the bottom and it has the name and address of the account holder. Below the name/address there is a....have questions, reply to this email thing.

If your accounts have different names attached then look at the confirmation email from buying the Max pass. Scroll to the bottom and it has the name and address of the account holder. Below the name/address there is a....have questions, reply to this email thing.
I've sent them an email, the information in the email is only about how I paid. Different name and email attached to that than either of my airmiles accounts 🤦‍♀️there's a link to look at the order but it doesn't actually work

When buying a chapters online giftcard, how long does it usually take to arrive? I'm in a shopping mood. Bought a $100 GC to buy some stuff on there and also spent far too much on TSC (so many AM)

My chapters GC came, I got my AM and the 20X for it already. I used it to purchase items so hopefully those post quickly as well. I believe I should also get 10X (for the other deal to the end of November) and hopefully the TSC purchase also posts quickly, that should get me the base points, plus 20X, 10X and 2X. End of it all, I only need about 100 AM to get to Onyx now so that's great, I'm sure hoping I can do that at Metro over December. And Phew! Now xmas shopping for my nieces is done, got a couple things for my son (including a blanket from Indigo/Chapters, he keeps trying to steal the one I got myself last year so I got him one) and a couple items for me that I may wrap and put under the tree so I have something there lol. Or not, we'll see :D Tomorrow I am rearranging a few furniture pieces and going to put up the tree. It has to be close enough to a wall to attach somehow so Mr Olaf doesn't knock it over. He did that twice last year. The other cats like to sit under it but oh that boy, he grabs the ornaments and pulls! But he's so cute :)

1669326131961.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter