Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I did refuse to buy more than 1 pair of shorts. He needs pants for fall/winter, not more shorts! He told me he could wear shorts all winter but I'm not thinking that'll happen when it's -30 and he has to go outside for lunch break.
We have a few grade 7/8 kids that try it but usually they resort to long pants/ jogging by Christmas time.
They are the ones that sign up for indoor sports at lunch break ,,basketball, floor hockey, Volley Ball.
The kids in the Cross Country running club insist on shorts 24/7 too.
Kids yah got love em.

oh my goodness, my amazon AM posted (though 1 short, they split up the order so I'm guessing that's why?) AND I got the 275 for the second level of the mix and match. Now to figure out if I will spend at least $100 more to get that 3rd level. I mean I am sure we can find some stuff at Old Navy for school or winter clothes. Still a bit in shock things posted!

oh my goodness, my amazon AM posted (though 1 short, they split up the order so I'm guessing that's why?) AND I got the 275 for the second level of the mix and match. Now to figure out if I will spend at least $100 more to get that 3rd level. I mean I am sure we can find some stuff at Old Navy for school or winter clothes. Still a bit in shock things posted!

If you think you'll ever use it the easiest thing to do is buy a gift card for Indigo, that will also earn you double the miles when you use it!

Hey gang....the offer finally came yesterday!!!! DD has been formally offered a role on DCL. She got a phone call and an email and there will be a second call to go over details and questions. She will have to go back and forth to Orlando a few times for fittings but will be in rehearsal in Toronto. They will be giving her an apartment in Toronto and paying all expenses. They will also cover all costs to go to Orlando. Then she sets sail in January.

You know the saying ...it never rains but it pours. She just started a new job that she really likes, even got a promotion after 2 weeks. Then she was all set to go back to school and she had also started with a new studio doing comp choreography.

Who's up for a cruise this winter????

this is the only offer on both of my sobeys accounts, only difference is that one has it twice ... ain't using it even one time!
Screenshot_20220818-092834_Sobeys.jpg

No *My offers* for me ,,, son's account has the same one as Jacqueline posted above ,,maybe they are late posting the offers ,,oh well.
At least Metro gave me a spend offer this week ,,spend 40$ get 40 Airmiles. That I can probably use.

metro1.jpg

Just checked
Heinz Ketchup & Kraft Miracle Whip ,Kraft /Bonne Maman Jam and Kraft Peanut Butter all on sale.
May be time to stock up.

Last edited:
Hey gang....the offer finally came yesterday!!!! DD has been formally offered a role on DCL. She got a phone call and an email and there will be a second call to go over details and questions. She will have to go back and forth to Orlando a few times for fittings but will be in rehearsal in Toronto. They will be giving her an apartment in Toronto and paying all expenses. They will also cover all costs to go to Orlando. Then she sets sail in January.

You know the saying ...it never rains but it pours. She just started a new job that she really likes, even got a promotion after 2 weeks. Then she was all set to go back to school and she had also started with a new studio doing comp choreography.

Congratulations! I'm betting your whole family is dancin Disney style with the news!
this is the only offer on both of my sobeys accounts, only difference is that one has it twice ... ain't using it even one time!
View attachment 695061
You did better than me-nothing yet. LOL

View attachment 695061
I have the same offer on my card. I received no offers last week so not too happy with Sobeys. I will wait to see if they send anything out this afternoon.
No *My offers* for me ,,, son's account has the same one as Jacqueline posted above ,,maybe they are late posting the offers ,,oh well.
At least Metro gave me a spend offer this week ,,spend 40$ get 40 Airmiles. That I can probably use.

View attachment 695064

Just checked
Heinz Ketchup & Kraft Miracle Whip ,Kraft /Bonne Maman Jam and Kraft Peanut Butter all on sale.
May be time to stock up.
My Metro spend offer us spend $70 get 70 miles.

I wasn't planning on doing the Mix & Match promo this time since i still need to chase down miles from the LAST one but then a few things popped up that I needed to buy and figured I would try to get them all online. I'm using the secondary card so I can hopefully get enough miles to book the Hyatt inside MOC (hold smokes those rates have increased!! almost 4700 for one night) highly unlikely I'll be able to pull in the extra 2000 I need buy why not try, right? Worse case scenario I'll use that account for the car rental.

Amazon order main reason Feliway for my very anxious kitty due to appliances moving in and out, new couch and us being away to visit Arthur and I added a couple of things to get up to $80, those miles posted.
Well .ca for stuff I'd normally buy at Rexall, now I just need to wait for them to get delivered instead and I'll get miles.

I simply couldn't pass up tossing this in my Amazon cart since books are an included category this month

1660836059242.png

My Metro offer is spend $50 get 50 AM, so I'll be doing that. I also plan to get the cheesecake with the coupon for $6. So only need to spend another $44 :) Milk is on sale and with AM, and we need some for kiddo. Probably cheaper to buy a bag of it? Not sure. Will have to see. And they have baskets of peaches or nectarines which I believe are Ontario grown, and will be eaten quickly here.

I miss Staples having airmiles so went to walmart instead for back to school supplies, notebooks and such. Didn't need a whole lot of that stuff any way.

Love that Mimi book.
I have been thinking about that Feliway diffuser Jacqueline ,,just not sure yet. (corner of loveseat is getting scratched).
Have you ever used it before?
I have a very Keen sense of smell and if it has an smell/odor at all it will not work for me.

Over to Sobeys ,,, took middle son with me because those 40 bottle cases are to heavy for me.
So two cases of compliments water $3.99 x 2 and one bottle of juice $3 = 50 Airmiles ,, and yeah I spotted the small packages of Chocolate chip cookie mixes buy 4 for 1.99 each get 40 Airmiles and my son scooped them up.
So a fairly cheap spend $40.02 = 92 Airmiles in total.

I'll save Metro for the weekend shop.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I was shopping at Metro this morning with DiL and looked at the app to load the cheesecake for DiL. Saw that I had $40 +40AM. She added one more thing to the cart and we were there. Got to the cash and AM wasn't working. We had just rung everything through. I sent the CS person to find out what they had to do to get me the discount on the cheesecake and the 40AM.

He went off to speak with a supervisor about it but before he came back the AM popped up on the screen. We weren't going to pay until they resolved the issue. All good in the end.

Congratulations! I'm betting your whole family is dancin Disney style with the news!
LOL....I'm dying to tell literally everyone all day today but DD wants to be the one to share the news. Even at work there are not many people I could tell that would either get it or even care. I have one co worker that is also a WDW nut like us, so of course I told her straight away. That was really fun because she gets it.

The 'dancin Disney style actually came from this same kids dancing. She was going to summer nationals at WDW that year. Sometimes the events force everyone to stay in certain hotels. That particular event was at CSR. So we decided to just jump in and fully embrace the experience. We booked extra days and bought the biggest multi day tickets we could afford. I then joined the DIS in order to learn as much as I could. So DDS was the screen name I came up with and my obsession began.....

Does she know which ship yet? I'll be on the Fantasy in Feb.
How very exciting for her. I will bet she will love it. She will have a blast.

Does she know which ship yet? I'll be on the Fantasy in Feb.
How very exciting for her. I will bet she will love it. She will have a blast.
Yep…I’ll have to set you up with a code word or something. She will be on the Fantasy….January thru March.

I was just looking and as far as I can tell there are only 7 night sailings??? I was curious to see what this could potentially cost me. We have no idea if there are any discounts for family. I’m hoping there is but if not I’ll still be going. The least expensive trip is in January. I wish it was February as I think DD would enjoy a visit more midway through.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I would go January. If she is feeling any insecurity or homesickness, it will happen early on. By February she could be feeling her groove.

Yep…I’ll have to set you up with a code word or something. She will be on the Fantasy….January thru March.

I was just looking and as far as I can tell there are only 7 night sailings??? I was curious to see what this could potentially cost me. We have no idea if there are any discounts for family. I’m hoping there is but if not I’ll still be going. The least expensive trip is in January. I wish it was February as I think DD would enjoy a visit more midway through.
Yes, they are only 7 night sailings on the Fantasy. Occasionally they will do a 6 night then a 8 night but they are rare.
I had a friend who worked on the Magic. They do offer family rate however they are only used when they have extra cabins to fill so the crew seldom knows what is on offer till a few weeks before. If you're good with a last minute booking she can probably get a fairly good deal.
Also they have some pretty strict rules she will need to follow such as needing permission to enter your cabin or dine with you. There are several really good YouTube videos from CM's and former CM's that explain some of the rules, she should watch a few to get an idea.
Anyway, she will have a really good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter