Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Well my card got no Sobeys offers this week and the other 2 cards got items but no spend bonus. Haven't had any of those in weeks so maybe they aren't doing that anymore.

Yeah, this ain't no promo, just a contest that is offering a total of 3,334 prizes across the entire country.

Side note, I can't sign into either or my Sobey's accounts so no idea what my personal offers are which doesn't put me in any better position than last week when they popped up long enough for me to see them and then disappeared before i finished shopping. ANNOYING

ETA: took me over 40 minutes to straighten that all out, not happy with the new app
Thanks for the heads up. It didn't take me 40, but it took long enough. And on a busy day, definitely not what I needed to do
Well a cat tree was on the ordering list from Amazon ,,one scan
Sobeys shop 2nd scan
Two bottles water Shell 3rd scan (15 Airmiles),,no calories!
back to Global pets 4th scan
I'm all scanned out Airmiles

Ok I might get a 5th scan next week at Metro.:magnify:
Yeah Ho Hum!

Hugs Mel
What are the scans for, Mel-the summer contest? I know that there is something else going on (Mix and Match??), but I can't find it on the website.

Your score on the chicken makes me think that a trip across the city might be warranted. DH and I love those things, and now the DD isn't eating our meat (she's gone kosher) it will last a lot longer for us! ;)

Well a cat tree was on the ordering list from Amazon ,,one scan
Sobeys shop 2nd scan
Two bottles water Shell 3rd scan (15 Airmiles),,no calories!
back to Global pets 4th scan
I'm all scanned out Airmiles

Ok I might get a 5th scan next week at Metro.:magnify:
Yeah Ho Hum!

Hugs Mel
It does not appear that Sobeys or Foodland is included in this contest.

Ontario (excluding Region of Thunder Bay*): Airmilesshops.ca, Jiffy Lube, Metro, Jean Coutu, Shell, Global Pet Foods, Fountain Tire

Quebec:
Airmilesshops.ca, Jiffy Lube, Jean Coutu, Shell, IGA, IGA Express, Rachelle Béry, Les Marchés Tradition, Global Pet Foods

It does not appear that Sobeys or Foodland is included in this contest.

Ontario (excluding Region of Thunder Bay*): Airmilesshops.ca, Jiffy Lube, Metro, Jean Coutu, Shell, Global Pet Foods, Fountain Tire

Quebec:
Airmilesshops.ca, Jiffy Lube, Jean Coutu, Shell, IGA, IGA Express, Rachelle Béry, Les Marchés Tradition, Global Pet Foods
Oh well .Thanks for letting me know.
Hugs Mel

Thanks for the heads up. It didn't take me 40, but it took long enough. And on a busy day, definitely not what I needed to do

What are the scans for, Mel-the summer contest? I know that there is something else going on (Mix and Match??), but I can't find it on the website.

Your score on the chicken makes me think that a trip across the city might be warranted. DH and I love those things, and now the DD isn't eating our meat (she's gone kosher) it will last a lot longer for us! ;)
Hi Hon
The scan is just whenever you scan your card you are entered in a contest to win Airmiles.
https://www.airmiles.ca/en/promotio...m=banner&utm_content=awareness_rw_sebreminder

Yeah my kids like the Prime chicken a lot, the prices have been so high on it lately.

Hugs Mel

Oh well .Thanks for letting me know.
Hugs Mel

Official Contest Rules
AIR MILES® SUMMER OF EXTRAS CONTEST
(the “Contest”)
NO PURCHASE OR USE OF REWARD MILESTM IS NECESSARY

The Contest is only open to Canadian resident AIR MILES collectors who are 16 years of age or older. See Rule 2, below.

1. Definitions:
    1. Contest Sponsor: LoyaltyOne, Co. doing business as AIR MILES or the AIR MILES Reward Program (the “Contest Sponsor”), located at 351 King Street East, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario, M5A 0L6.
    2. Indemnitees: Contest Sponsor, each Participating Partner (as defined in Rule 5), any other AIR MILES partner or sponsor or prize provider, and any of the respective affiliates, directors, officers, or employees of any of the foregoing (collectively the “Indemnitees”).
  2. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to Canadian resident AIR MILES collectors (“Collectors”), including those that have qualified for AIR MILES Gold Collector status and Onyx Collector status, who are 16 years of age or older as of August 11, 2022, except employees, representatives and agents of Contest Sponsor, its affiliates and their respective advertising and marketing agencies, Contest administrators, judges, and persons domiciled with any of the above. For the purposes of this Contest, Collectors qualified for Gold status by earning 500 or more AIR MILES Reward Miles in 2022 as of September 7, 2022, and Collectors qualified for Onyx status by earning 5,000 or more AIR MILES Reward Miles in 2022 as of, September 7, 2022 as determined by the Contest Sponsor. The Collector is the individual in whose name the AIR MILES Collector Number has been established (the “Collector Number”) or, in the case of a Business Collector, the principal associated with the Business Collector Number, as determined by the Contest Sponsor. Canadian residence will be determined by the mailing address associated with the Collector Number. If you are not already an AIR MILES Collector, you may become one by enrolling online at www.airmiles.ca. Each Collector meeting the criteria described in this Rule 2 is referred to as an “Eligible Collector.
    Online access and an email account may be required to participate in this Contest. Many public libraries, retail businesses and others offer free access to computers and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts.
  3. Agreement to Contest Rules: By participating in the Contest, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept the Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsor and its Contest administrators and judges, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
  4. Contest Period The Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. on August 11, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. on September 7, 2022 (“Contest Period”). All times refer to Eastern Time (“ET”) throughout the Contest.
  5. How to Enter: There are three (3) ways to enter:
    Entry Option A – Swipe your AIR MILES card at Participating AIR MILES Partners:
    An Eligible Collector will receive one (1) Contest entry each time they present their AIR MILES card at the time of any purchase transaction made during the Contest Period at participating AIR MILES Partner locations listed below (each, a “Participating Partner”) and each time they enter their Collector Number online at the time of checkout during the Contest Period on a Participating Partner’s website. airmilesshops.ca is considered a Participating Partner and purchases made through airmilesshops.ca during the Contest Period are included for the purposes of determining the number of Contest entries an Eligible Collector will receive, except for airmilesshops.ca purchases or sign-ups made at the following online stores: Pimsleur Language Programs, Wealthsimple, Hotwire, Pimsleur, Priceline, FlightHub, Rentalcars.com, Watchers, Agoda, Disney +, Expedia, Expedia.ca, cheapOair.ca, Marriott International, InterContinental Hotels, InterContinental Hotels Group, RentalCars.com, Best Western, CheapOair.com, Sandals Resorts, Agoda.com, Expedia, Inc, Hotels.com, Viator, DisneyShopping, eharmony, Booking.com, WeightWatchers.ca(including, without limitation, all travel bookings, car rentals and hotel stays). An Eligible Collector must present or enter their AIR MILES Collector Number at time of purchase (“Swipe”) to obtain Contest entries. No minimum purchase is required. All determinations as to whether or not an eligible Swipe has been completed during the Contest Period in accordance with these Rules will be made by the Contest Sponsor and shall be considered final and binding without right of appeal.
    Participating Partners:
    British Columbia/Yukon Territory:

Airmilesshops.ca, Jiffy Lube, Shell, Global Pet Foods, Fountain Tire
    Alberta:
    Saskatchewan:
    Manitoba/Region of Thunder Bay* (defined below)/Northwest Territories/Nunavut: Airmilesshops.ca, Jiffy Lube, Shell, Manitoba Liquor Mart, Global Pet Foods, Fountain Tire
    Quebec:
    Atlantic Canada (New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia):
    Airmilesshops.ca, Jiffy Lube, Pharmasave, Kent, Irving Oil, Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation (NS only), Shell, Jean Coutu (NB only), Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation (Newfoundland and Labrador only), Global Pet Foods
    * The Region of Thunder Bay is defined as follows: That part of Ontario which includes (i) the District of Thunder Bay, (ii) the District of Kenora, (iii) that part of the District of Algoma which lies west of Highway 631, and (iv) the greater metropolitan areas of White River and Hornepayne.
    Entry Option B – Use your Canadian-issued Mastercard linked to your AIR MILES card:
    An Eligible Collector will receive one (1) Contest entry each time they use their Canadian-issued Mastercard that is linked to their AIR MILES card to pay for eligible purchases made during the Contest Period at participating brands (each, a “CLO Participating Brand”). Visit airmilescardlink.ca for a full list of CLO Participating Brands. An Eligible Collector must first link any Canadian-issued Mastercard to their AIR MILES Card before making an eligible purchase, and then must use that same linked Mastercard to make eligible purchases to obtain Contest entries. Minimum purchases and offer terms and conditions apply. See airmilescardlink.ca to link your Canadian-issued Mastercard and to see all eligible purchase requirements and offer terms and conditions. All determinations as to whether or not an eligible purchase at a CLO Participating Brand has been completed during the Contest Period in accordance with these Rules will be made by the Contest Sponsor and shall be considered final and binding without right of appeal.
    Entry Option C – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY:
    To receive five (5) Contest entries without purchase, an Eligible Collector must submit his/her/their first and last name, complete mailing address including city, province, postal code, daytime phone number (including area code), email address and AIR MILES Collector Number plus a fifty-word (50-word) or more original essay describing “What you would do if you won 3,000,000 AIR MILES Reward Miles” and email to:Airmiles+summerofextrascontest@promotionsolutions.net (with “Summer of Extras Contest” in the subject line of the email). The email must be received by Contest Sponsor no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 7, 2022.
    Limit of one (1) use of Entry Option C per Collector Number per day, to a maximum of twenty-eight (28) uses and one hundred and forty (140) entries via Option C per Collector Number during the Contest Period.
    Entry Limits and Odds: Entrants may use more than one entry option noted above. Selecting one entry option over another does not increase the odds of winning. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.

6. Bonus Contest Entries: Eligible Collectors who meet any one (1) of the criteria outlined below will automatically receive a three times (3x) multiplier on the total number of contest entries they receive in accordance with these Contest Rules. Multipliers are not combinable. For example, a Gold-status Collector who is also a BMO AIR MILES credit card holder and also an American Express AIR MILES credit card holder will still only get three (3X) times their total number of contest entries.
    1. An AIR MILES Gold Collector, as defined in Rule 2 above;
    2. An Onyx Collector, as defined in Rule 2 above;
    3. A Collector who holds an approved and eligible American Express AIR MILES credit card** by September 7, 2022; and/or
    4. ** Eligible American Express AIR MILES credit cards include American Express® AIR MILES®* Credit Card, American Express® AIR MILES®* Platinum Credit Card, American Express® AIR MILES®* Reserve Credit Card, American Express® AIR MILES®* for Business Card, American Express® AIR MILES®* Platinum Business Card and American Express® AIR MILES®* Gold Business Card. Your American Express AIR MILES Credit Card account must be active and in good standing during the Contest Period and at time of the prize draw. The AIR MILES Collector Number participating this Contest must be the same Collector Number linked to an eligible American Express AIR MILES Credit Card.
    Amex Bank of Canada and Amex Canada Inc. (hereinafter “AMEX”) is only a participating AIR MILES partner in the Contest. AMEX is not a sponsor or a prize provider of the Contest.
    • A Collector who holds an eligible BMO AIR MILES credit card*** by September 7, 2022.
    *** Eligible BMO AIR MILES credit cards include: BMO®†AIR MILES® Mastercard®*, BMO®† AIR MILES® World Mastercard®*, BMO®† AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®*, BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®* for Business, BMO®† Gold AIR MILES® Mastercard®*, BMO®† Gold AIR MILES® Mastercard®* for Business, BMO®† AIR MILES® Business Mastercard®*, BMO®† AIR MILES® No-Fee Business Mastercard®*, Shell®** AIR MILES® World Mastercard®* from BMO®†, Shell®** AIR MILES® Mastercard®* from BMO®†, BMO®† Sobeys AIR MILES® Mastercard®*, BMO®† IGA AIR MILES® Mastercard®*.
    BMO Bank of Montreal (hereinafter “BMO”) is only a participating AIR MILES partner in the contest. BMO is not a sponsor or a prize provider of the Contest.
  7. Prizes: There is one (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize”) and a total of 3,333 secondary prizes (“Secondary Prizes”) available to be won (collectively the “Prizes”), consisting of the following:
    Grand Prize:
    Three million (3,000,000) AIR MILES® Reward Miles†
    Secondary Prizes:
    • Three (3) prizes of three hundred thousand (300,000) AIR MILES Reward Miles†
    • Thirty (30) prizes of thirty thousand (30,000) AIR MILES Reward Miles†
    • Three hundred (300) prizes of three thousand (3,000) AIR MILES Reward Miles†
    • Three thousand (3,000) prizes of three hundred (300) AIR MILES Reward Miles†
    • † No limit to the number of Prizes per Collector Number.
    The approximate retail value of an AIR MILES Reward Miles Prize depends on the chosen method of redemption, available reward options at the time of redemption, and the set preference between AIR MILES Cash and AIR MILES Dream accounts. If redeemed with AIR MILES Cash, 95 Cash Miles can be used in-store for $10 towards purchases at participating AIR MILES partners or 95 Cash Miles can be used online for eVouchers for $10 worth of value at participating reward partners. If redeemed for flights, value depends on the current marketplace price of the chosen flight, which will vary. Winner must pay applicable taxes, related transportation fees, governmental levies, excess baggage and other non-ticket costs. The value of AIR MILES Reward Miles used for non-flight reward options depends on reward options in effect at the time of redemption. AIR MILES Reward Miles prize is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program as amended from time to time. AIR MILES Reward Miles Prize is not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
    All elements of the Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash, or refundable, and must be accepted as awarded. Prize details shall be at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Where applicable, Prize elements will be awarded by the Contest Sponsor based on the mailing address and/or email address associated with the Collector Number of a confirmed winner. In the case of loss, theft, mutilation, alteration or unauthorized use, a Prize and its elements will not be reimbursed or replaced. Except as expressly stated herein, a confirmed winner is responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and surcharges, if any, in respect to his/her/their Prize and/or the use or redemption thereof.
    No compensation will be provided for failure by a confirmed winner to accept a Prize as awarded. Contest Sponsor gives no representations, warranties, or conditions, whether express or implied, in respect to a Prize or any elements of a Prize.
  8. Winner Selection: A random draw for each of the Prizes in the order presented in Rule 7 above will be held on October 20, 2022, at 2:00 p.m. ET in Oakville, Ontario from among all Eligible Entries received during the Contest Period, by an independent judging organization whose decisions will be final and binding. In order to be declared a winner, selected entrant must be an AIR MILES Collector and must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by the Contest Sponsor or its representatives, and otherwise comply with the Official Contest Rules. The Contest Sponsor or its representatives will make reasonable attempts to contact the selected entrant at the same email address on file in the Collector’s profile of their Collector Account. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted or has not responded within forty-eight (48) hours of the date when contact was first attempted, is not eligible in accordance with these Official Contest Rules, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question or otherwise comply with these Official Contest Rules, then the selected entrant is disqualified and will not receive the Prize and another entrant may be selected. A selected entrant must sign and return to the Contest Sponsor within forty-eight (48) hours of receipt a Prize Acknowledgement and Release Form, in form satisfactory to Contest Sponsor, which includes a standard declaration of compliance with the Official Contest Rules and Release Form in order to be awarded a Prize. Failure to sign and return the Prize Acknowledgement and Release Form within forty-eight (48) hours of receipt will result in forfeiture of the Prize.
    If any potential winner is under the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence, a parent or legal guardian of the potential winner will be required to sign or submit the Prize Acknowledgement and Release Form on behalf of their minor child and the Prize will be delivered to the minor. If the parent or legal guardian of the potential Prize winner does not sign or submit the Prize Acknowledgement and Release Form, the potential Prize winner will not be awarded the Prize.
  9. General:
    The Contest Sponsor, and each Participating Partner (as defined in Rule 5), may use each Winner’s name, city of residence, comments, likeness, photograph, voice and statements, images, representations, pictures or likenesses (“Images”) in any medium, for advertising purposes, including Images of each Winner and each Winner's guest, whether in relation to the Contest or the AIR MILES Reward Program or otherwise, without providing any compensation for their use or receiving further permission, in any media throughout the world in perpetuity. The Contest Sponsor, each Participating Partner (as defined in Rule 5), as the case may be, shall own the proprietary right in and to such Images.
    The Winner’s first name, last-name initial and the year he/she/they joined the AIR MILES Reward Program may appear on www.airmiles.ca, the AIR MILES Canada Fan Page on Facebook, the airmiles Canada profile on Instagram and the AIR MILES Canada @airmiles profile on Twitter.
    For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest in Quebec may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
    Subject to the jurisdiction in Quebec of the Régie, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value, to cancel, terminate, amend and/or suspend the Contest without prior notice at any time and for any reason including without limitation, if viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, attempts to disrupt the Contest or other causes beyond the Contest Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper play or conduct of the Contest. In no event will the Contest Sponsor be liable for more prizes (in quantity or amount) than that specified in the Contest Rules.
    The Contest Sponsor and the other Indemnitees are not responsible for any technical, hardware, software, or telephone failures of any kind, or lost or unavailable network connections or garbled or deleted computer network transmissions, or failed, incomplete, garbled, misdirected, or lost entries or inaccurate capture of entry or Swipe of AIR MILES Card, or earn of Miles information, even if it limits the ability to participate in the Contest. Any entry that occurs after a system failure is deemed a defective entry and is void and will not be honoured. The Contest Sponsor and the other Indemnitees are not responsible for any injury or damage to persons (including any Winner or guest of any Winner) or property arising from the Contest or any of the Prizes, or which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from accessing or transmitting any material from any website regardless of whether the material was prepared by the Contest Sponsor or a third party or is connected to any website by hyperlink. All entries must be received during the Contest Period. All entries and prize claims are subject to verification by Contest Sponsor and will be void if not obtained through legitimate channels, or if not original, or if obtained by fraudulent means, or if obtained other than in compliance with these Contest Rules, as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Contest Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning or entry in lieu of its verification process. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned.
    Online and email entries must be made only by the individual entrant using original, manual keystrokes. Use of any automated system including robotic or form-filling software to enter or participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance.
    The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in a fraudulent manner or in violation of these Contest Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Contest Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
    By entering the Contest, each entrant expressly consents to the Contest Sponsor, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted with his/her/their entry only for the purpose of administering the Contest in accordance with these Official Contest Rules and the Contest Sponsor’s privacy policy (available at: https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Privacypolicy). This section does not limit any other consent(s) that an individual may provide the Contest Sponsor or others in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of their personal information.
    The Contest is subject to all applicable laws. In the event that any provision of these Contest Rules shall be determined to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be severed, and the remaining provisions of these Official Contest Rules shall be unaffected and shall remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by law.
    In the event of a discrepancy between the French and the English versions of these Official Contest Rules, the English version will prevail.
    The name of the Winners may be obtained by sending a request with a self-addressed, postage-stamped envelope to “Dept. 100, 2022 AIR MILES® SUMMER OF EXTRAS CONTEST, Winner List Request, Box 9500 Lakeshore West PO, Oakville, ON L6K 0G4,” until February 17, 2023. The first name, last name, initial and the year he/she/they joined the AIR MILES Reward Program for each Winner may also be posted on www.airmiles.ca, the AIR MILES Canada Fan Page on Facebook, the airmiles Canada profile on Instagram and the AIR MILES Canada @airmiles profile on Twitter.
    © 2022 LoyaltyOne, Co.
    ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. Partner trademarks are owned by the respective partners or authorized for their use in Canada.

I did alright at Sobeys....spent $87 and earned 304 miles. I got the prime chicken, rice cakes, frozen scallops and a family sized sushi for dinner.

:ssst: there was a spend $75 get 75 on my card that I knew nothing about. When I got home I looked it up and I have no idea where it came from as the expiry date on it was 05/02

I haven't been to Sobeys in forever as it's a bit of a drive. I had listed a few things from this weeks flyer to pick up. I just check DH and DS cards and they each have spend $50 get 75AM for one and 100AM on the other. I just added a few other things to the list so I should be able to do both get the airmiles from the offers and the two bonuses above. Worth the drive this week. (385AM if all goes to plan) Best week I will have had in a long time.

Today was very busy at work, wrapping things up as I'm now off until after Labour Day, so about 3 1/2 weeks. Looking forward to some stuff around the area, we have season passes to Calypso (as do a few of kiddos friends) so will probably go there once or twice. Also have back to school shopping to do! Out to Tanger Outlets to hopefully get a few good deals. I am also planning on some online shopping to do the mix-and-match. Best news today, a job I applied on finally had the pool established and I made it! Phew. I've been at the same level for 10 years so this would be a great opportunity, and a little extra money. I do stand a good chance at it, I've already talked to my manager and she's talked to her boss about making a position for me, apparently they are worried I'll leave. So fingers crossed I may have a raise (and more work lol) when I get back from vacation. Happy to have gotten the news about the pool before I left though.

I haven't been earning very many AM, won't be getting Onyx at this rate. Losing Rexall and Sobeys was a big hit to my earnings. Even Metro hasn't been giving me very good offers lately. I am sure I'll do the Mix and Match online, but ya'll know I have terrible luck at those online shops posting properly. I need some more AM though! Next cruises are booked for April and haven't booked flights (what a mess flights are now) and a hotel pre cruise. Trying to be patient and just wait for that trip but I wish we could head back to Disney and try out Universal.

I swore I wasn't going to bother with the M&M promo, but I actually might make the 750 AM. DD and I both need new indoor soccer boots and socks (Nike), DD needed a new lunch box (DSW), my Clinique mascara has been discontinued and well.ca still has it, I have a credit for Linen Chest and sheets are on sale, and amazon has this travel backpack that fits under the airline seats (since I will be going carry on). So I have the five partners figured out, just need to figure out if $500 can be met. I really didn't WANT to spend $500 all at once right now though. This time of year is so expensive with school and sports registrations.

One of my portal purchases ($30) has posted to my account and I have already received the 100 mix and match miles. I thought it had to be two offers over $100/100 miles? I did a nike order as well but that hasn’t shipped yet.

So not AM related:

I plan on buy gift cards for our trip to cover 90% of our costs. Only bringing enough cash for the transportation ($70 US) and extra ($100 US).

This is my budget for DD14 and I:

$350 (Food - 6 days, 2 meals each = $14.58 per meal)
$50 (Dinner at DS for arrival day)
$85 (Resort Balance owing)
$75 (Souvenirs)
=$560 US = $723+ CDN (Buy $725 Gift card(s))

Does that seem reasonable? Trying to not use my credit card to avoid foreign exchange fees.

I don't want to have ANY leftover on the cards since this will be our last trip for a long time.

Last edited:
So not AM related:

I plan on buy gift cards for our trip to cover 90% of our costs. Only bringing enough cash for the transportation ($70 US) and extra ($100 US).

This is my budget for DD14 and I:

$350 (Food - 6 days, 2 meals each = $14.58 per meal)
$50 (Dinner at DS for arrival day)
$85 (Resort Balance owing)
$75 (Souvenirs)
=$560 US = $723+ CDN (Buy $725 Gift card(s))

Does that seem reasonable? Trying to not use my credit card to avoid foreign exchange fees.

I don't want to have ANY leftover on the cards since this will be our last trip for a long time.
I think you have underestimated your food by a fair amount. More realistically you should be $25 per meal per person. Prices have gone up significantly. You would be looking at $15-16 before taxes and no drinks for a low end counter service meal. Then you need to factor in snacks and at least some drinks. Even a Coke is around $4.

$75 for souvies….ummmm…..unless you know for a fact that you are only going to buy a couple of small trinket type things that won’t be enough either. Again, prices are higher. Something like a keychain that you used to get for $10 is now $15-20.

I spent more in January on our 5 days visit than I have ever spent down there. Granted I had to pay for tests but even without that I probably spent $800+ more than in the past.

Since you don’t want any left over funds on a gift card you should perhaps stick with what you have planned and use a credit card for any additional charges.

I think you have underestimated your food by a fair amount. More realistically you should be $25 per meal per person. Prices have gone up significantly. You would be looking at $15-16 before taxes and no drinks for a low end counter service meal. Then you need to factor in snacks and at least some drinks. Even a Coke is around $4.

$75 for souvies….ummmm…..unless you know for a fact that you are only going to buy a couple of small trinket type things that won’t be enough either. Again, prices are higher. Something like a keychain that you used to get for $10 is now $15-20.

I spent more in January on our 5 days visit than I have ever spent down there. Granted I had to pay for tests but even without that I probably spent $800+ more than in the past.
We are only doing quick service. No table service. I looked at the menus on the website and adult meals are all $11.99-$14.99. Kids are $7.99 which what I ate for lunches last time.

$20 for a key chain? Seriously. That seems a tad over the top. I'm buying park pins, maybe some stationery-type items, etc.

We are only doing quick service. No table service. I looked at the menus on the website and adult meals are all $11.99-$14.99. Kids are $7.99 which what I ate for lunches last time.

$20 for a key chain? Seriously. That seems a tad over the top. I'm buying park pins, maybe some stationery-type items, etc.
I think perhaps prices have not been updated online. What you mention is low. I was very surprised to see a basic cheeseburger in the Music food court for $18. I have many times had kids meals or we split a larger entre so that we can have a dessert or two. You might be okay with your budget is that is your plan.

I think perhaps prices have not been updated online. What you mention is low. I was very surprised to see a basic cheeseburger in the Music food court for $18. I have many times had kids meals or we split a larger entre so that we can have a dessert or two. You might be okay with your budget is that is your plan.
Maybe so. I just checked the prices at Pop Century food court and the burgers are listed at 11.49-12.99. And that is directly from the WDW website. Perhaps someone can report back with some pricing info.

Maybe so. I just checked the prices at Pop Century food court and the burgers are listed at 11.49-12.99. And that is directly from the WDW website. Perhaps someone can report back with some pricing info.

If you go into the app, you can pretend to put in a mobile order. Cosmic Rays has a burger and side for $12.29. No beverage included. Kids meals are still around $7-8 and include a beverage. Fountain beverage is $3.99, water is $3.50. Just an example.

All this talk about the price increases at Disney /Florida has me think of changing over to Cash Airmiles and picking up a few Starbucks GC, I love their Banana & Strawberry smoothies in the morning.

Posted June 28 2922
Remember these are USD prices
https://disney.urbantastebud.com/how-much-does-food-cost-at-disney-world/

12.00 USD = 15.47 CAD

Disney Beverage prices are high

How much are drinks?​

Here’s a quick price breakdown for drinks (soda, alcohol, bottle water, etc.)
  • Bottled Soda = $4.69 USD
  • Fountain Drinks = $5.99 USD
  • Coffee (from Joffrey’s) = $3.49 USD
  • Hot Cocoa = $3.49 USD
  • Beer = $11 USD average price
  • Cocktails = $16 USD average price
  • Iced Water = FREE

Hugs Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter