Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Congrats on pulling the trigger and making a decision. I think I have narrowed it down to one or two places in each destination that I want to go to. Now hopefully after this month and we see how the bank account looks after this, I'll be pulling the trigger too.
Thanks. I got my PC list down to 5ish resorts and Mex down to 4 resorts. I finally decided on The Level at Melia. It was the one that I kept going back to so I made it the top of my list. I wanted a very tropical property, either a la carte breakfast or room service, at least 5 a la cartes and modern rooms. Also, lots of palapas at the beach and pool. The Level has all that plus a butler and more. The only thing I didn't get because they don't have it...ocean front room. It's the only resort that I considered that got consistently great reviews. I've got a friend that has been to PC over 25 times and I she has been to the Melia part of the resort and said it was really nice the only but is that the property is large. We've never stayed at a big resort (we have if you consider WDW resorts large???) but I decided that we should try it to see if it's for us or not. I saw a couple of videos that said the walk from the lobby to the beach is 8-10 minutes. Rarely would we be walking from the lobby to the beach so I don't think I'm going to feel like this place is that large....either way the butler can drive us in the golf cart :rotfl2:

I think DH nearly had a stroke when price came up...after I booked. Really though the sticker shock is because you pay everything up front. I've spent the same amount and more on WDW trips. Right before I booked of course doesn't DD want to see what I've selected and then says that's really nice...maybe I'll go :scared1: If she later on decides she wants to go I'll have to downgrade.

Last edited:

I headed out this morning to pick up some cards at Sobeys,,, I had a list of 6 sons,2 nieces and one brother for Birthdays.......
nope no can do,,,,, I couldn't find a single card for $3.49 ...everyone of them was $5.99 and up.
I guess I am just to used to buying cards in a dollar tree store.
I did manage to pick up some Rice krispies for a family who's child I used to teach. Their little girl will only eat home made treats and since they were on sale and had airmiles attached I picked up 9 boxes of them.
Total spend $30.96 = 121 Airmiles.
I did also manage to pick up a nice large :coffee: and muffin before work to.
Happy June everyone. The count down to the end of school has started.!!!
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I headed out this morning to pick up some cards at Sobeys,,, I had a list of 6 sons,2 nieces and one brother for Birthdays.......
nope no can do,,,,, I couldn't find a single card for $3.49 ...everyone of them was $5.99 and up.
I did manage to pick up some Rice krispies for a family who's child I used to teach. Their little girl will only eat home made treats and since they were on sale a had airmiles I picked up 9 boxes of them.
Hugs
Mel

No donuts? :D

Cards are expensive, I always get kiddo to make them when he'd have birthdays to go to.

I did manage to pick up some Rice krispies for a family who's child I used to teach. Their little girl will only eat home made treats and since they were on sale and had airmiles attached I picked up 9 boxes of them.
Hugs
Mel
Well I am headed to Sobeys today to see if I can find a birthday card for today. It is my brothers birthday and I need a card from me and I have to see if they have a card for my Mom to give him. I will report back and let you know if I found any of the cheaper cards.

hanks. I got my PC list down to 5ish resorts and Mex down to 4 resorts. I finally decided on The Level at Melia. It was the one that I kept going back to so I made it the top of my list. I wanted a very tropical property, either a la carte breakfast or room service, at least 5 a la cartes and modern rooms. Also, lots of palapas at the beach and pool. The Level has all that plus a butler and more. The only thing I didn't get because they don't have it...ocean front room. It's the only resort that I considered that got consistently great reviews. I've got a friend that has been to PC over 25 times and I she has been to the Melia part of the resort and said it was really nice the only but is that the property is large. We've never stayed at a big resort (we have if you consider WDW resorts large???) but I decided that we should try it to see if it's for us or not. I saw a couple of videos that said the walk from the lobby to the beach is 8-10 minutes. Rarely would we be walking from the lobby to the beach so I don't think I'm going to feel like this place is that large....either way the butler can drive us in the golf cart :rotfl2:
I know....we are always stunned at the price...but then if we don't want to do anything else...it's paid. I don't have to worry about meals, drinks. Then we can decide which excursions before hand, so we can budget for that and not be shocked either. We have been to large resorts. We don't typically do tons of walking, but I always make sure that the resort we stay at has the trams/golf carts that will pick you up and drive you around. It's a great way to cool off and get to the other side of the resort in record time.
I am heading out over lunch to pick up my cards. Thank you for the reminder! I sure would have kicked myself if I hadn't remembered, when I had to actually go get some.

Hugs
Mel
At my Safeway there was also a tear off coupon hanging there for $5.00 off the purchase of 3 cards so that took off a bit of the sting of the price, plus I got my 50 AM.

So I bought 3 cards - 3.49, 3.99 & 6.99 but I had a $5 off coupon so my grand total was 9.69 and I earned the 50 airmiles so it worked out good for me. I spent a bit more on the card from my Mom to my brother as I couldn't find any cards for son so I found a nice generic type card. I was so happy to see the $5 off coupon. Went to Shopper's afterwards to mail a letter and their buy 3 cards get value was only $4 so Sobeys has the better deal for cards.

I got a targeted BMO offer spend $600 at Foodland in June and receive 360 airmiles . I don’t think I’ll even try. Even if I bought gas gift cards we might be using $100 a month in gas.. I just don’t know I could spend $600 on gift cards either .. their selection is so limited

I got that one too. Do three 30L fill up by June 30, get 50 miles. Great timing as I was on my way to Shell anyways! lol And I cashed out $30 in miles for the vacation fund :)

My Shell Offer
Get 75
AIR MILES® Bonus Miles

when you fill up 2 times with a minimum of 30 L of any grade fuel Opt in and fill up before June 30, 2021.*
(maximum 75 Bonus Miles)

Maybe I can convince a family member to do a fill up for me as I am not doing much driving right now.

Hugs
Mel

Interesting....my Shell offer is earn 1 bonus miles for every L of gas and 5 bonus for every $5 spent in store to a maximum of 150 miles. I read the fine print and don't see anything referring to 20L or 30L.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!